PDA

View Full Version : TVB dramas and other programmes

emli
August 28th, 2001, 06:40 AM
Which ones has anyone seen lately?
I just finished watching the seven sisters which was good and i watched the chinese weakest link yesterday but i didnt get the q's and dodo wasn't as good as anne robinson.

Chris Seto
August 28th, 2001, 03:35 PM
I used to watch the chinese dramas, but they take so long to finish and I could never keep up. It's really too bad because they were my only source of chinese, and now I think my chinese is a lot worse because I haven't kept up.

I guess I need more chinese speaking friends so that I can practice. Actually what I would really like is to learn to speak mandarin.

TinmaN

HondaDude
August 28th, 2001, 04:44 PM
hmm Edmonton for Mandarin is kind of hard, Calgary is better when it come to Mandarin as many Taiwanese move to Calgary from Vancouver lately

KingKiong
August 28th, 2001, 05:23 PM
I dont watch them off of cable TV. The ones they broadcast are too old. Like for example, the Threshold of an Era (Chong Sie Gay) is so old. It came out in 99 i believe. An the Judo show with Nicholas Tse is out since early 99 in HK.

I think a good language to learn is Japanese considering there are so many here and that it has become one of the language of choice to learn. Mandarin is also good too but I know a bit already...

emli
August 28th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Anyone speak french?

KingKiong
August 28th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Studied French for 5 years...

Marximus
August 29th, 2001, 10:07 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from emli on 6:40 am on Aug. 28, 2001
Which ones has anyone seen lately?
I just finished watching the seven sisters which was good and i watched the chinese weakest link yesterday but i didnt get the q's and dodo wasn't as good as anne robinson.
[/b][/quote]

Emli, what time is the HK "Weakest Link" on? I have the Vancouver and Toronto channels.

emli
August 30th, 2001, 08:25 AM
i dont live in canada but anyway its on at 10.40pm at the moment
Have u seen the anne robinson version its loads better

lazymf
August 30th, 2001, 09:49 AM
hey, marximus is that a chinese show? you actually watch chinese shows?

Genki
August 30th, 2001, 01:49 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from emli on 8:25 am on Aug. 30, 2001
i dont live in canada but anyway its on at 10.40pm at the moment[/b][/quote]

Where do you live??