PDA

View Full Version : LORD OF THE RINGS

REFLUX
December 19th, 2001, 04:10 AM
Hey everyone! I just saw the movie TONIGHT and I must say it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
I haven't read the book (except The Hobbitt) but it is one of the best movies I've seen this year (maybe of all time?)
From what I heard, people told me the movie followed the book EXACTLY (not quoting anyone)
and I was kept on the edge of my seat for 3/4 of the time.
Great movie, go see it, IT IS WORTH &#3612.50

Cyanide Ride
December 19th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Hmm, I dunno, I don't have the same level of anticipation for Lord of the Rings as I do for Spiderman:

New trailer up at <a href="http://www.spiderman.sonypictures.com

I" target="_blank">http://www.spiderman.sonypictures.com

I</a> like fantasy movies and all, but there's something I don't like about Elijah Wood, but I'll still go see LOTR http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Marximus
December 20th, 2001, 05:42 PM
So you don't need to read the Hobbit to get the full value out of the movie?

Chris Seto
December 20th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Ya Eggy, I'm not a big Elijah Wood fan either. But I'll still go see the movie, it looks good.

Cyanide Ride
December 21st, 2001, 03:01 PM
Marky-> No, you can just go in and see the movie without the books.

Tinny-> Yeah, I've been waiting for a good Sword and Sorcery movie for the longest time, last good ones I saw were Conan the Barbarian and The Sword and the Sorcerer. I'm going to catch it tomorrow afternoon, I figure the geeks would've atleast seen it 5 times by now http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Cyanide Ride
December 23rd, 2001, 09:15 PM
So I went to see LOTR, quite good, if I wasn't third row from the front I would've thoughly enjoyed it.

A few beefs... Too much slo mo stuff, not enough Liv Tyler (though she was supposed to have a bigger role than a few lines.), the FX was alittle choppy on the MANY panning shots. Great on Action, top notch FX and acting was top notch.

I would recommend this film even if you hadn't read the books.

Gwai
December 24th, 2001, 06:34 PM
has anyone seen this movie on the imax screen..I heard that it is even better becasue it feels like you are a part of the action.

Scintillater
December 24th, 2001, 07:01 PM
man...it was so good. yeah, i only read the hobbit too, but d*amn...everything was always as i imagined it. d*amn good marketing too coz it leaves you hanging so you HAVE to either 1) see the next movie when it comes out 2) buy the book to find out what happens 3) buy ALL the books, or 4) do all the above.

LoCoStyLe
January 5th, 2002, 05:56 PM
The movie was pretty good, but they didn't follow the books exactly exactly. The Hobbit doesn't have much to do with LOTR, since the Hobbit only explains how the ring was found and thats it. LOTR focuses on the signifigance of the ring and how "evil" it is. They had to (and correctly so) change some parts around and delete some characters and encounters in order to make the movie easy to understand for all people and to keep it from being really long. All in all its still faithful to the books. Don't expect Liv Tyler to come back soon. Her character in the books only shows up again in the last installment for a breif time as well, but they might write in more parts for her.

DrunkenGoddess
January 9th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Umm.. Yea, I watched it in Imax, too.
My 2 bucks worth: (c'mon, my thoughts are more than 2 cents!! =P) haha.. =}
Lord of the Rings.. You're on the edge of the seat for almost the whole thing and then.. "fart" it's over.
I haven't read the books so it's like.. "WHAT THE h*ll HAPPENS NEXT FOR THE LUV OF GOD?"
I hear they're gonna re-release Part I right before Part II comes out.. That's like.. Smart.. But.. MEAN. They KNOW we're gonna forget the movie by then so we're gonna hafta watch it AGAIN before Part II.. BUMMER.
Elijah Woods is ugly. Liv Tyler's great =} And that elfish pale pale guy's kinda cute ^-^
I also recommend Ocean's Eleven by the way

Cyanide Ride
January 9th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Yes, that cliffhanger ending leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

The Matrix is being filmed like that, although there is abit more closure than LOTR...

Oceans Eleven was great, I love a good thief movie.

Imposter has a really cool twist at the end, darn, had me guessing all the way to the end... I would compare it to Unbreakable, you never quite know what's going to happen until the end. Vanilla Sky was abit predictable...

Genki
January 9th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Remember back to the future 2?! Now that was gay... there was no end! eheh good thing part 3 came out fairly quickly tho.

Unbreakable was good, but strange IMO. It was a good movie tho... Acutally i never expected that ending in Vanilla Sky. Id say the best ending for a movie is Usual suspects.. Didnt realize the ending until it was over! haahah.

another good movie wiht an unpredictable ending is fight Club.. That was kind of twisted..

DRUNK: i think part 2 of LOTR will be like part one.. it will end and u will say "WTF?! How can it end now!?!?!!!!!" hehe

Talonts96
January 11th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one that thought that the movie SUCKED! I thought it was a pointless 3 hours. Boring and just BS. But then again I am not really into this Fantacy stuff and I havent read the book.s I had a couple of other friends express the same feelings about the movie a s me. I thought it was a movie for kids, but then again it wasnt cause some of the sequences would scare the S*#T Out of them. So I wasnt sure who the movie was made for. Mabe the people who read and enjoyed the books.

Cyanide Ride
January 11th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Never read the books, but always enjoyed a good Swrod and Sorcery flick.

If you weren't into Fantasy stuff why did you go and see it???...

Genki
January 11th, 2002, 02:36 PM
i thought the movie was ok.. wasnt that great. maybe when i see all 3 it might hcange my prespective of hte movie.. but for now.. it just wasnt that great.