PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Posters

BLOCKER
November 16th, 2009, 10:30 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/EPS%20Stang/mustang3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/EPS%20Stang/mustang4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/EPS%20Stang/mustang6.jpg

Above are the three photos I am considering making into posters.

A few questions:

1. which one do you guys like the best? (hence the poll)

2. What would be a fair price to ask for a poster, considering I would be paying royalties to the photographer, printing of the poster and trying to make a few bucks for Blue Line?

3. Would anyone be interested in purchasing these posters?

Griffin
November 16th, 2009, 10:42 PM
1) #3
2) $10.00
3) Probably

EDISKRAD EHT
November 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM
1) #3 (You spelled Poll wrong btw) Lol
2) $15-$20 since it's to help out Blue Line.
3) See #2

GOT BOOST
November 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Not the one with all the grafitti in the background.

They are nice photos but I would not pick any for a poster.

Personally it would be nice to see less concrete ghetto in the background and a more lush landscape.

blondy
November 16th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I picked #2...I like that the eye is drawn to the Edmonton Police

I would be interested but please may I ask...I know the Mustang is your baby...but what about the Challenger and where is the Duster...no section for it :(

I would order one of each car myself...not only supporting the cause...but I like them

JoshP2002
November 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Griffin
1) #3
2) $10.00
3) Probably

1) 3
2) 15-20
3) No.. I just dont get many posters.

mystery
November 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by GOT BOOST
Not the one with all the grafitti in the background.

They are nice photos but I would not pick any for a poster.

Personally it would be nice to see less concrete ghetto in the background and a more lush landscape.

its edmonton police though, concrete ghetto is a city setting.. suits the purpose better then a farmscape

GOT BOOST
November 16th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by mystery
its edmonton police though, concrete ghetto is a city setting.. suits the purpose better then a farmscape

The pics were taken in St. Albert.

There are plenty of lush landscapes in the city where calander pics could be taken. Ie) City hall, rivervalleys, etc.

For the price I would pay the going rate for a decent calander. $10.00 to $15.00

don't get me wrong, they are nice pics. Just not ones that I would put in a calander. :D

blondy
November 17th, 2009, 12:14 AM

don't get me wrong, they are nice pics. Just not ones that I would put in a calander. :D

Ok fair enough...but do you think they are nice enough to put in a calendar ??

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/candycanesurprise/smileys/giveup.gif

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/candycanesurprise/smileys/shhh.gif you're really slipping these days

BLOCKER
November 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by blondy
I picked #2...I like that the eye is drawn to the Edmonton Police

I would be interested but please may I ask...I know the Mustang is your baby...but what about the Challenger and where is the Duster...no section for it :(

I would order one of each car myself...not only supporting the cause...but I like them

Photos are coming... I have easier access to the Mustang hence the photos...

There is also a section for the duster and the tiburon coming... Things take time...

T-royy
November 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
The pictures make the car look nice. But I don't think they achieve what you were going for.

You need some police building in the background with maybe another two cruisers.. :thumbup:

BLOCKER
November 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by EDISKRAD EHT
1) #3 (You spelled Poll wrong btw) Lol

haha... my bad... fixed

GOT BOOST
November 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Ok fair enough...but do you think they are nice enough to put in a calendar ??

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/candycanesurprise/smileys/giveup.gif

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/candycanesurprise/smileys/shhh.gif you're really slipping these days

ha ha ha.

I was replying on my phone. :D Nice catch.

I agree, with you. I would like to see more pics of the other street legal cars in there. If it is a calendar full of mustangs shot with concrete in the background then I am more than likely not going to purchase it.

Blocker, maybe some work in progress shots of the other cars would be nice. People love to see that stuff.

The reason why I say no to the ghetto and the graffiti is with city council's big push on business owners are responsible for the graffiti on the side of their business. If nothing is done with it, then the business owner can be fined. If you are targeting businesses for sponsorship you may not want to have graffiti in the background of a picture where the pic was taken outside Edmonton. This may not sit well with people.

I put the emphasis on Edmonton as I also make reference to the screw up that the AB Govt recently did with their poster of the beach and the 2 kids promoting Alberta. Remember that one... the beach was on the other side of the world and not in Alberta.

I think if you want a good calendar you need to address the small details. :D

95awdTalon
November 17th, 2009, 08:54 AM
ha ha ha.

I was replying on my phone. :D Nice catch.

I agree, with you. I would like to see more pics of the other street legal cars in there. If it is a calendar full of mustangs shot with concrete in the background then I am more than likely not going to purchase it.

Blocker, maybe some work in progress shots of the other cars would be nice. People love to see that stuff.

The reason why I say no to the ghetto and the graffiti is with city council's big push on business owners are responsible for the graffiti on the side of their business. If nothing is done with it, then the business owner can be fined. If you are targeting businesses for sponsorship you may not want to have graffiti in the background of a picture where the pic was taken outside Edmonton. This may not sit well with people.

I put the emphasis on Edmonton as I also make reference to the screw up that the AB Govt recently did with their poster of the beach and the 2 kids promoting Alberta. Remember that one... the beach was on the other side of the world and not in Alberta.

I think if you want a good calendar you need to address the small details. :D

I would have to agree with Got Boost on this one. The scenary could be viewed as a reflection of Blue Line racing and the EPS.

1) none. What message are you trying to convey to the public?
2) Free. I believe when you have a promotional vehicle like this. You should be looking at sponsorship dollars to promote and fund your project.
3) Some people would, but not myself.

BLOCKER
November 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 95awdTalon
I would have to agree with Got Boost on this one. The scenary could be viewed as a reflection of Blue Line racing and the EPS.

1) none. What message are you trying to convey to the public?
2) Free. I believe when you have a promotional vehicle like this. You should be looking at sponsorship dollars to promote and fund your project.
3) Some people would, but not myself.

Fair enough, what message do these photos convey?

For me, they are good photos of the mustang, pleasing to the eye... To me they did not convey any message...

These are for posters not calenders.

Griffin
November 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM
See this is what #3 conveys.

I'm a kid in a parkade tagging some graffiti on a wall and then I look over my shoulder to see bleep bleep of a cruiser and see that mustang. It's menacing but approachable.

95awdTalon
November 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BLOCKER
Fair enough, what message do these photos convey?

For me, they are good photos of the mustang, pleasing to the eye... To me they did not convey any message...

These are for posters not calenders.

This is an excellent response and I am glad you stated that there is no message to be conveyed but simply a photo of an EPS Mustang. Abstract art.

I do agree, the Mustang itself is very pleasing to the eye.

But with the grafetti in the background in a public place (#3). It could be conveyed as a message of crime and/or vandalism. I am not sure if that is an appropriate background to representing an EPS promotional vehicle with no message being conveyed.

If you have a superior officer or boss. I would clear it with him/her before selling or printing off and selling/giving away posters of this nature.

If not, I would still think it over to make sure this is correct message you want to be sending to the public. It could be a very contraversal photo.

blondy
November 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by BLOCKER
Photos are coming... I have easier access to the Mustang hence the photos...

There is also a section for the duster and the tiburon coming... Things take time...

I hope you did not take offense to my interest or think I was impatient with you...I like the cars...a lot...and was just wondering if they would all get the attention they deserve...

Wow some of you really look deeply into these pictures...I saw neither a message or meaning...nor did I see the graffiti as a turn off...as I understood it these pictures are just that...pictures of a Mustang...if you really really liked Mustangs...you might want to buy the poster...and in turn the money would be going to a good cause

The pictures on the walls in my place are all car photos...the look...style...type...settings all vary...and I don't see one setting as a negative message opposed to another setting...they are just photos of cars

That's my take anyways

:)

Geofux
November 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I think number 3 is the best. Definitely would be worth $10-$15.

If you want to get all into what each conveys because of the backgrounds I would go with the first picture...

The second photo is good, but if I'm buying a poster I want to see a good portion of it, not just a section.

BLOCKER
November 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I hope you did not take offense to my interest or think I was impatient with you...

No offence taken... the blue line forum is new... I am working on it!:thumbup:

fugu
November 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
saw the title and thought it was about all the mustang debates and lovely conversations lately in the forum!

but this is much better!

#3 and I'll take one!

ResidentEVO
November 20th, 2009, 12:50 AM
#3... no bias. I like #2 better but I think 3 makes a better poster.

If you still have it out Keane, we can do more shots this weekend if you want.

BLOCKER
November 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
It is at Canada Career Week (agricom Hall B) this weekend...

But thanks... Maybe Sunday

motorisch
November 22nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Great photography.

I like #3

ResidentEVO
November 23rd, 2009, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by motorisch
Great photography.

Thank you. :)