PDA

View Full Version : New EZ review

gillAteen
December 14th, 2003, 11:37 AM
I read through all the BS, and figured what the hell,a good price on a compustar,how can I really go wrong.
I went down to the shop and met Kevin,asked him about installing the unit in my CavalierZ24,5speed.No extra charge for 5Speed,so i booked it in for the next day.I then asked him for a price for koni struts for my car,and he came in $70 less than my other 2quotes,so I ordered them.
The install was a challenge for the installer,as i did my own install on my previous alpine alarm,he called my down to the shop to help sort out my own wiring.All in all the install was a bitch,but it's all good in the end.He was there till almost 1am to get it done,and of course Kevin was there till the end too.
Kevin phoned me the next day to check if the unit was working good,i told him that it didn't start for me once but i'd keep checking it.I forgot that I had to put it in 'responsive'(i think it's called?) mode every time for it to work on the 5speed.OOOps.I didn't phone Kevin back to let him know that,but he phoned me back the next day to check up.
All in all,i liked dealing with EZ and Kevin,and will go back again,I hope that people will not be so narrow minded to wholeheartedly believe everything they read on the internet,honestly if you read between the lines you can tell that a lot of the people bashing EZ have never even dealt there.Kevin has been in business for 12years,and will try hard to have your business and trust. Also to note that while I was there waiting, a couple other guys on this forum and topic came in and ordered 2body kits.So obviously Kevin probably won't bite or scare you off, if you go down to check his place out.
Take care,
Rob

MightyMidget
December 14th, 2003, 12:10 PM
good thing the "installer" had to ask the "customer" how to install a car starter/alarm :unsure:

MM

gillAteen
December 14th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Actually that had to do with the wiring for my lcd screen,constant power for my deck,power invertor,really it was pretty bad but it worked!I had wires from all over my car running into the same ones for the alarm i installed,it wasn't easy to figure out which ones went to the door solonoids,led's in the doors,etc,he basically had to re-wire all that in properly for me.Better safe than sorry,and i appreciate that.

MightyMidget
December 14th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by gillAteen
Actually that had to do with the wiring for my lcd screen,constant power for my deck,power invertor,really it was pretty bad but it worked!I had wires from all over my car running into the same ones for the alarm i installed,it wasn't easy to figure out which ones went to the door solonoids,led's in the doors,etc,he basically had to re-wire all that in properly for me.Better safe than sorry,and i appreciate that.
any competent shop would have known which wires go where :blink:

even if some guy has tried to wire in a deck/LCD whatever...the install guy should be able to figure out what goes where....they do HUNDREDS of installs a year.....

MM

REFLUX
December 14th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Steve: He had a good experience, plain and simple. Not point in trying to disprove him and his satisfaction with EZ.

Gillateen: Glad to hear that you had a good experience from EZ. Hopefully more people will follow your example and put up their good experiences too :)
It's nice to see the story from both sides :bigthumbup:

MightyMidget
December 14th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by REFLUX
Steve: He had a good experience, plain and simple. Not point in trying to disprove him and his satisfaction with EZ.
:
:blink:

MM

SRBURG13
December 14th, 2003, 06:52 PM
But also, many of the people that have flamed EZ, were in fact customers that were extremely dissapointed, not just people making shit up.

The people are not exactly narrow minded, because there have been a tonne of people that have gone there and had their "experience'.

djshortys
December 14th, 2003, 06:55 PM
i have yet to have a expearance with them, so when i do, or anything, ill make sure to post it, maybe ill swing by there and see if they can help me out with sum small needs, than i will post my expearance!

andy!

EFCIVIC
December 16th, 2003, 04:29 AM
thank you everybody for all your in puts especially GILLATEEN and SHIFT_AT_9000RPM hope i spelled your online names RIGHT, excuuse me if i spelled it wrong.

yes my english is bad and probably have a grade 2 education but i'm trying

AVU thanx for your generous tip on caps my caps are just to emphasize points and not to start hate. and the caps for E-Z MOTORSPORTS is obviously for promo. and people still spell it wrong.

all your comments have been noted.

not trying to deny pissed off customers that had unsatisfisfied experiences at E-Z

i apologize here to you BRANDON and others

if you like to give E-Z A CHANCE THAT WOULD BE OUR PREVILEDGE

i am on E-Z MOTORSPORTS payroll and the $$$ works out to be my friendship with Kevin

ROB Kevin is not offended that you pointed out the fact that he is computer illeterate its just the facts.

BRANDON you just pointed out what seemed to be the obvious and EFCIVIC i now say again is because i drive a EF civic like Kevin so hope this clarifies things a little. STIX AND STONES WILL NOT BREAK MY BONES BUT WORDS WILL ALWAYS HURT ME.

BRANDON your last comments has been noted in a good way and hope this brings closure between you and Kevin and E-Z MOTORSPORTS.

although your comments will be always taken in consideration GOOD or BAD and the BAD will always tried to be looked at in a good way in the team at E-Z MOTORSPORTS. because war is just a last resort and should never be act upon physically as along as they stay in hurtful ways like in the form of words.

for those who still have mixed feelings its your choice where you want to go, just make sure whoever works on your ride does a good job and yes there is a lot of good and respectable shops in EDMONTON other than E-Z MOTORSPORTS.

please visit:WWW.E-ZMOTORSPORTS.CA

EFCIVIC
December 16th, 2003, 04:58 AM
for all those that ordered body kits and carbon fibre hoods last week and for those who didn't get some of their parts last order they are all here now.

especially you SHIFT_AT_9000RPM, dude your R33 FRONT is here dude!!!

Kevin pulled a few favors and got you a Vis Racing Sports R33 front in the deal which cost more to E-Z but Kevin passed on the deal to you at no extra charge for your patience.

REFLUX
December 16th, 2003, 11:01 AM
EFCIVIC: You/EZ sound like a company that puts customer satisfaction as their first priority. I hope this only continues and gets better!!!!

Good luck.

blown_mr2
December 16th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by EFCIVIC
for all those that ordered body kits and carbon fibre hoods last week and for those who didn't get some of their parts last order they are all here now.

especially you SHIFT_AT_9000RPM, dude your R33 FRONT is here dude!!!

Kevin pulled a few favors and got you a Vis Racing Sports R33 front in the deal which cost more to E-Z but Kevin passed on the deal to you at no extra charge for your patience.
They're in!?!? Dude I'm down there today after work with the rest of your cash!!

In this week, just like you said when I ordered them 2 weeks ago!! Thanx man!!

HKSpowers
December 16th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Sunil i'll be over to your place later on tonight to bask in the joy :bigthumbup:

EFCIVIC
December 16th, 2003, 06:10 PM
for all that ordered racing seats our momo and sparco ordered has arrived

especially you JUSTINL hope i spelled your online name right. your pair of sparco sprint blacks is waiting for you to be picked up at your earliest convience.

Kevin is thinking of using your sprints for his office chair in place of his existing momo street racer black reclinable, but he won't so don't worry.