PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running stand-alone engine manag. system?

ManHunter
June 22nd, 2002, 10:47 PM
Anyone has an opinion on which company has the best engine management system for a 5th gen. prelude? The easiest to setup?

Anyone has one?

MH

Mark Seto
June 23rd, 2002, 12:02 AM
I run a link.

I think they have an application for the Integra but not sure about the ludes. AEM is the one that come to mind because its PnP, but I don't know much about it. If KillerRabbit is lurking he can hook up up with one, he's a tuner of a brand but I forget which one.

darkman
June 23rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
Hondata

2000silverimpreza
June 23rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
KillerRabbit tune's SDS systems i think. i remember someone telling me that.

www.sdsefi.com

Cyanide Ride
July 3rd, 2002, 11:30 PM
I've heard the AEM is quite user friendly...

ManHunter
July 3rd, 2002, 11:34 PM
I actually just ordered the AEM system today. Should get it next week. Now I gotta borrow my friend's laptop for a while. http://asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

MH

Cyanide Ride
July 4th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Wicked, let us all know how it works for you!.

talont3t4
October 24th, 2002, 09:50 PM
AEM seems to work well on my 2G talon! :)

ManHunter
October 24th, 2002, 11:47 PM
I'm glad to hear it. I have way too much stuff to learn before I can tune this thing good. I'll install firmware 0.89 and software 3.15 this weekend. I hope the automapping will help. AEM is really adding cool gizmos to the EMS, now with traction control and anti-lag.

My car is parked for the winter now... I'll have time to play with the unit and hopefully inderstand it all soon. Maybe I can still get a couple of drives out of it to tune under load.

MH

RallyCivic
October 25th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Check out MOTEC too.

PressurizedGti
October 30th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Yes killerRabbit tunes SDS systems. Its a local company out of Calgary. I am using there system on my car and am very happy. Its not quite as flashy as other systems but it is very very simple to install, and is very reliable, it is also what sam had on his crx!

gillAteen
November 6th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Eric,what are the specs for the laptop to run that thing?I have a 266amd kicking around(only 32mb ram though :( )that I'd be interested in loaning you if it'll run it.Let me know.
Rob

ManHunter
November 6th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the offer. I already found somebody else willing to let me use his laptop.

MH