PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Motorsports

ManHunter
July 15th, 2002, 11:10 AM
simple question...

I can't find Matrix Motorsports in the phone book. what's their phone number?

MH

cflude
July 15th, 2002, 11:18 AM
They are inside mayfield toyota,
phone number is 483-3434

address 10220-170 street

ManHunter
July 15th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Thanks

Wask
July 15th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Nice enough guys, but the customer service sucks ass!

dropzone
July 15th, 2002, 10:49 PM
If you want your parts this year, dont order from Matrix.

ManHunter
July 15th, 2002, 11:34 PM
I just wanted to check by how much prices can vary between shops for the same item...

MH

dropzone
July 15th, 2002, 11:45 PM
The prices are ok, but you'll pay in waiting time.

Wask
July 16th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Its

Cyanide Ride
July 16th, 2002, 08:32 AM
That's the song that everyone is singing nowadays.

Thanks to the Taliban guys, border restrictions are even tougher to deal with. They will open anything and everything, including springs and charge you for inspecting them!.

Expect delays from all fronts if your supplier is being fed from the US.

SRBURG13
July 16th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Well to tell you the truth, everyone is going to wait for whatever they buy. Cause since the summer started so late, everything you can imagine is on backorder (which equal long wait).

As for customer service..........nothing beats mine http://asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif Come talk to me at DECIBALS Auto Sound and Security. I just started doing all of the performance sh*t out of there. So give me a shout and let me know what you need. No matter where you go, there will be a crazy wait, unless they have the gear in stock.

Not that I`m downing the boyz at Matrix, just that they alwazs seem to have way too much to do.

Then names Aaron, and be sure to ask for me. Unfortunately I`m in Germany right now (can`t resist V8less) but I will be back on the 30th.

Aaron @ Decibals Auto: 413-6067.

Take care.

GirlRacer P1
July 28th, 2002, 10:33 AM
The guys at Martix are really great, and they may take a while to get things in, but as Andy put it, since Sept 11, everything is really tight now. I brought some tailights to Van, and it was a little hassle to get them here. But yea, back to Matrix.... If you actually get to talk to them, Dieter is crazy funny and Lee is really nice.

Wask
July 28th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Just bought a JDM Valve cover yesterday, at first I didn't like em but Dieter is a cool guy.

PunkA$$
August 13th, 2002, 10:19 PM
hey and wask....he ended up buying an RSX

s2oooR
August 14th, 2002, 12:33 AM
what did he do with his crx?

GirlRacer P1
August 14th, 2002, 12:37 PM
he still has it.... his A to B car is an RSX now though.... I think he still has the Accord too.

Xx D-MAN xX
October 15th, 2002, 04:59 PM
I know what you mean! I purchased the AEM pulleys from them in September and I still haven't heard anything positive about when they will arrive.

Since I'm storing my lude in the next couple of weeks, if I don't have them by then, it will just have to wait until next year.

In terms of service, Milan the parts guy is cool to deal with but for christ's sake, return my friggin phone calls!

Gary
October 16th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Yeah, i've gone to matrix twice and bad customer service both times.....i ordered everything myself from the states...dosent take too long.

I tried them once, but bad service....thought i would give it another shot.....nope, same thing....i will stay away from matrix for good now...

...and yes, now i am done my ranting :D

Xx D-MAN xX
October 16th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Gary, when you order from the states, what kind of extra costs are associated with your purchase? I'm referring to S&H, brokerage fees, taxes, etc.

I used to order parts from the US but get them delivered to a UPS depot on the US side of the border. When the items arrived, the depot would give me a call, I would pick them up and clear them thru customs.

LowTEC
October 28th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Matrix's service wasn't bad at all the last couple time I went there. Who were you dealing with? It takes quite awhile to get parts from any shop these days due to the custom and port thing last time I heard, but oh well. Milan was a really nice guy, and Dieter was really funny too. That aren't bad to deal with IMO. Have you guys check out their new body kits for RSX and Celica?

Blaine B.
October 28th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Unless there is a manufacturer back order, it shouldn't take more than 7-10 business days to get a part. Overseas stuff is a different story though.

347V8
October 29th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by BlueTurboEGG@Jul 16 2002, 07:32 AM
That's the song that everyone is singing nowadays.

Thanks to the Taliban guys, border restrictions are even tougher to deal with. They will open anything and everything, including springs and charge you for inspecting them!.

Expect delays from all fronts if your supplier is being fed from the US.
Hmmmm....
I really havent noticed any difference in the amount of time it takes for product to cross the border.
I import parts from the US daily.

test
October 29th, 2002, 12:27 AM
Daily?

That's a lot of mods :D

Xx D-MAN xX
October 29th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Well, still waiting for my god damn pulleys. Gee, it's only been 7 weeks.

A set did come in but of course, it's a different colour than what I ordered. So, looks like I'll be waiting just a little longer.

Too bad the prelude is now in storage and the install will have to wait until next year. I should have spent my money on the jdm fog lights instead, stupid, stupid, stupid.....

347V8
October 29th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by GAPS@Oct 28 2002, 11:27 PM
Daily?

That's a lot of mods :D
its not all for my own car:D Its my job.

Blaine B.
October 29th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Xx D-MAN xX@Oct 29 2002, 09:04 AM
Well, still waiting for my god damn pulleys. Gee, it's only been 7 weeks.

A set did come in but of course, it's a different colour than what I ordered. So, looks like I'll be waiting just a little longer.

Too bad the prelude is now in storage and the install will have to wait until next year. I should have spent my money on the jdm fog lights instead, stupid, stupid, stupid.....
Did you pay in full for your parts in advance?

I can have a set of pulleys for your car here next day, or within a week for $285, pick your color.

FOCUSFOOL
October 29th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by PearlyWhiteTSI@Oct 29 2002, 08:18 PM

I can have a set of pulleys for your car here next day, or within a week for $285, pick your color.
:wacko: If you have been to Matrix you will see quickly that they are probly this cities highest volume performance shops; weather we think so or not. Yes they are mainly Honda and Toyota. But they do the shopping for us to get us the best price. If you can get them in a week why can't they? something doesn't make sence. That would go the same for me ya I could have pulleys in three days latest with UPS redflag delivery. But first US stock from one of the many places we buy from, hopfully nothing gets tied up in shipping and the customer will get them only with spending the extra $40-80 bucks. And these are the reasons we make [B]stockorders.

Xx D-MAN xX
October 30th, 2002, 10:28 AM
You got to be kidding, pay in advance! I only put down a deposit because I wanted to "test the waters" first since I've never dealt with them before or any speedshop in edmonton for that fact.

The only reason I ordered them from Matrix was that they matched a competitor's price and said they would been here in 3 days. However, It's now been 7 weeks and I'm getting a little tired of playing phone tag with the parts department.

I should have just ordered them from Toronto and payed the S&H. It would have worked out nearly the same without waiting forever.

Blaine B.
October 30th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by FOCUSFOOL@Oct 29 2002, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by PearlyWhiteTSI@Oct 29 2002, 08:18 PM

If you can get them in a week why can't they? something doesn't make sence.
If I am correct, D'arcy contacted me about a set of pulleys for his car a couple of weeks ago and I quoted him $300. I have since found a better price and am passing it on to him. My distributor has the parts in stock! That's why I can get them next day. If you want the absolute lowest price you have to wait for huge stock orders to arrive! Those stock orders don't always necessarily include the parts you want.

$285 for the AEM Pulleys for D'arcy's Prelude, pick your color, here the next day!
Don't believe me? Try me!

Xx D-MAN xX
October 31st, 2002, 10:21 AM
I appreciate your persistance Blaine, but unfortunately I did leave a non-refundable deposit with Matrix Motorsports and I want to see how things end up.

However, I will definitely contact you and Pro Drag Performance for my next purchase, to try you out! I hope we can do some future business together.

H22_TURBO
May 22nd, 2003, 08:19 AM
I hate when they NEVER call you back!!! and matrix has to be the worst for that. It took them 7-8 months to get my turbo kit, 4 months for my coil-overs, 2 months for my clutch, so i'm really not impressed and now i mostly order my stuff myself.

redbaron303
May 22nd, 2003, 08:28 AM
I'd just like to say that I've never had any problems with matrix and nor have the other ppl I know who've boughten items off them no matter how big or small. They guys there usually have my stuff for my like pretty quick and non of this 3 month wait bs. Sorry guy's who've had the bad experiences but I thought I'd add my good experience to the list :)

REFLUX
May 22nd, 2003, 08:33 AM
Isn't it just cheaper to order stuff yourself???

redbaron303
May 22nd, 2003, 08:38 AM
Depends where and who you're ordering it from. Some distributors won't sell to the public unless you have a business license... and for ppl like me who do not trust the net to order stuff from, stores and ppl like Matrix, Prodrag/Zippys, Titan, etc are where we have to go :)

scooby_dooby
May 22nd, 2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by redbaron303@May 22 2003, 06:38 AM
and for ppl like me who do not trust the net
the net's not like one big scary thing not to trust, every site is different, use basic common sense and keep your head up and there's absolutey no reason to be worried.

redbaron303
May 22nd, 2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 22 2003, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by redbaron303@May 22 2003, 06:38 AM
and for ppl like me who do not trust the net
the net's not like one big scary thing not to trust, every site is different, use basic common sense and keep your head up and there's absolutey no reason to be worried.
True enough. Maybe I shouldn't have said "dont' trust the net" but rahter, "feel uncomfortable publishing my credit card # online, doesn't matter to who..." B)

scooby_dooby
May 22nd, 2003, 11:12 AM
as long as it's a secure connection (https:// instead of http:) you know that that person has a merchanct account with a bank, which means a full paper trail leading to him. As well as 128bit encrypted transmission(ain't no-one intercpting your #), as well as $300-$1000 US in monthly fees in order to pay their merchant account fees to the bank. You can be fairly sure this is a legit company if they're making enough to offset their merchant fees, they'd have more to lose by stealing credit cards than to simply keep doing honest business.

Couple this with a good history(how old's the company), and customer service(ask around) and there's nothing more to worry about IMO then giving your number to some guy at some store.

scooby_dooby
May 22nd, 2003, 11:15 AM
in my experiance ordering direct is the best, it always gets there as fast as possible, and you don't have to worry about some dude forgetting to place your order, or pising off the shop by bugging them ever 2 daYS. But I haven';t had alot of experiance, excelt to say that everything i've ordered from the net has come in under 2 weeks, everytime. And I definately can;t say that for the shops me and my friends have ordered through in the past.

CanadianR
May 22nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by FOCUSFOOL@Oct 29 2002, 08:58 PM
But they do the shopping for us to get us the best price.
You're speaking about Matrix? You obviously haven't spent any time looking for a better deal elsewhere, because Matrix probably has the HIGHEST prices in Edmonton. I've done some comparison shopping and Matrix is consistently the highest priced place. I priced out a set of coilovers for my car and Matrix quoted me $3150 plus tax, the next highest quote i got was $2400 plus tax and had some a fair bit lower than $2400. Yes, they were all the same coilovers at every shop. After Deiter ripped me off on a Magnaflow muffler and made it sound like i was getting a steal of a deal I've learned not to trust people in this industry and to research before purchasing.

redbaron303
May 22nd, 2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by CanadianR@May 22 2003, 10:15 AM
After __________ ripped me off on a Magnaflow muffler and made it sound like i was getting a steal of a deal I've learned not to trust people in this industry and to research before purchasing.
It doesn't matter that he "ripped" you off.... it's the price that the shop was selling it for...

No offense but if it took a "bad deal" or a "rip off" to get you to start researching your purchase that's your own silly mistake.

People should always comparison shop, it could same them hassel and money in the end, but could take some extra time. I always comparison shop before purchasing something, it doesn't matter what it is (unless it's a super emergency and I NEED it now)... Best price gets my money, and usually whoever I deal with will match that price :)

turboracer
May 24th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I have always found that dieter will price match anybody so what the problem...... :bigthumbup:

specv
May 27th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Matrix is overpriced, poorly run and has slow service times. I hate to say this but Auto toyz in west ed has the same parts availability for less money and fewer hassles. You can beat all of there prices if you just order from online shops like "power tech imports" ie. Apex AVC-R best price at matrix approx 1350$ Autotoyz 1000$ powertech 900$
Case and point.

muska59
May 27th, 2003, 11:11 PM
AutoSource has to be one of the worst shops in the city to deal with never go there!!!!!! sorry had to say it :)

2UTH DR
May 28th, 2003, 11:54 AM
The guys at Matrix Motorsports are cool, including Dieter. But I also find their prices way too high. For example, when I was shopping for the TRD exhaust for my Celica, they quoted like $1050 plus tax. I ended up buying the same exhaust from an online store in the US for about $750 which included the tax, shipping and UPS charges.

When buying parts, I recommend you shop around on the net to find a better deal. If Matrix gives a competitive price, by all means buy it from there.

scooby_dooby
May 28th, 2003, 12:32 PM
ya that's the story with every shop in the city it seems, you can't go in anywhere and get a good price on anything. It's always like 20-30% higher than it should be, and you have to search and find someone for them to match to get a reasonable price.

I hate it, just a pain in the ass.

DC-Sports SS Header is $389 US regular price, converted to canadian that's $532, but here NO-ONE can get it for less than $699+gst. Ahhh good old E-town

Wask
May 28th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 28 2003, 05:32 PM
DC-Sports SS Header is $389 US regular price, converted to canadian that's $532, but here NO-ONE can get it for less than $699+gst. Ahhh good old E-town
Thats why you shop around. The last item I bought for my car I did alot of checking around. Found my best price by far at Pro Drag.

If it so happens that none of the shops can give you a good price, case in point the Header, buy off the net. If certain shops don't want to have competative prices then how long will they last? Ricers only buy so much ;)

scooby_dooby
May 28th, 2003, 12:57 PM
ya proDrag quoted me $412US for a ceramic header! retails in the states at $289! That's what I'm talkin about.

I have to say they did give me excellent prices on the cams, $595 US, which is $5 LOWER than MSRP. I was pretty surprised about that one, but the header price was crazy...

Ya I'll probably end up ordering from the states, I mean $532 + gst, duty, shipping and brokerage fees, still should be about $650 on my door w/ GST, so that's still $100 less than the best shop in town.

What I don't get is I'm just a regular guy and I can get it for $650 shipped, are these "Tuner" shops getting the same prices as me? Or are they just marking everything up 30%?

Obviously the stores in the states selling headers for $389 are still marking it up, so the actual "cost" must be signifigantly lower than even that!

REFLUX
May 28th, 2003, 01:12 PM
damn you cheap bastards
just order over the net!!!

or start your own company & get shit for cheap!!! :D

Blaine B.
May 28th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 28 2003, 12:57 PM
ya proDrag quoted me $412US for a ceramic header! retails in the states at $289! That's what I'm talkin about.

DC Sports MSRP on Header's (http://www.dcsports.com/headerpl.html)
Please stop spreading misinformation.

redbaron303
May 28th, 2003, 02:14 PM
According to that page. I would say those are good prices that pro drag's quoted you... :)

Why do people always bitch about such incremental $$$??? Like $10 us isn't that much....I guess if you don't like what you're quoted go order online like Terry say's, try your luck w/ that and see how things work out. Otherwise suck it up and deal with it!

scooby_dooby
May 28th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by PearlyWhiteTSI@May 28 2003, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 28 2003, 12:57 PM

DC Sports MSRP on Header's (http://www.dcsports.com/headerpl.html)
Please stop spreading misinformation.
you should read my post a little more carefully. I said it "retails" for $289 US, check around for yourself if you think this is "mis-information". Nobody tries elling ceramic headers for $412 in the states, $389 is the average price for a STAINLESS STEEL header. It doesn't matter what the MSRP is, it matters what they go for. I'm not spreading any "mis-information" and don't try and make it seem like I am, if anything I'm informing people.

When I said MSRP i was only refering to the Crower cams, Crower is one of the few companuies where the MSRP is actually the same as what people sell it for, that's the only reason i mentioned MSRP.

and redbaron you can suck it up and pay more than it's worth if you want to, go ahead. I'm not paying anyone 30% markup(i'll say 30% since you failed to comment on my question about markups), if they want to play the game like that, then that's fine, they'll lose business to the US.

You don't think it's totally lame that after the conversion, shipping, duty, tax, and brokerage fee I can still get it $100 cheaper than the best shop in town? I think that's bogus, personally.

scooby_dooby
May 28th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303@May 28 2003, 12:14 PM
Why do people always bitch about such incremental $$$???
when you're doing a $3000 engine build, it all counts

scooby_dooby
May 28th, 2003, 03:28 PM
some more information for the mis-informed:

Headers at inlinefour.com, modacar.com, and importhorizons.com:

http://www.modacar.com/products/Acura/Integra/MODAHEA/

http://www.inlinefour.com/dccer1pc4in1.html

http://www.importhorizon.com/dcsportsheaders41.html

all are reputable, long-standing companies, with good customer service.

2UTH DR
May 28th, 2003, 07:58 PM
The thing is a person could buy parts from the US from online shops, sell it here at a 10% mark-up, make a small profit, and still beat the so called "tuner shops" in Edmonton. Now that's pretty sad if you ask me.

Wookey
May 28th, 2003, 10:42 PM
K LETS PUT IT THIS WAY! IF YOU START BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS FOR YOU CARS HERE IN EDMONTON THEN PRICES WILL START TO LOWER BUT IF YOU KEEP GETTING THEM FROM OUT OF TOWN THEN THEY WILL STAY UP!

redbaron303
May 29th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 28 2003, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by redbaron303@May 28 2003, 12:14 PM
Why do people always bitch about such incremental $$$???
when you're doing a $3000 engine build, it all counts
Sure it does.... check around before you buy, most places will price match or beat.

Don't bitch about it after the fact, or tell about a bad quote as there's no sense in that??? Why not tell about your good experiences and simply say steer clear of this place because youhad a bad experience. I personally don't see a high price as being a bad experience, but rather and opportunity to get the product cheaper than that shops competitor is selling it for.

You don't like the quote or $$$ that's been given, go somewhere else or price shop and have htat store beat it. Simple as that.

specv
May 29th, 2003, 01:10 AM
one factor you all have to remember is that sales volume is a huge factor in the cost. The more a shop sells the lower the cost. I for one will let others pay high costs until retail outfits take the hit and drop costs for parts. Oh, and the new management at autotoyz is good, he was willing to match costs for parts from the internet. He is a reasonable guy.

bigpappa
May 29th, 2003, 11:20 AM
holy shit you guys are really CHEAP bastards,ya what did scooby dooby say about building a 3000.00 engine?that would only cover a remove and rebuild STOCK in the city!don't try and play the role if you don't have the money,heres some advice get your motor rebuilt and take the 100.00 to 150.00 left over and by some stickers for your car.we have a sayin in the parts business''if they want it they will put the money down and if they don't they are tire kickers.3000.00 don't even cover the cost of my rods which where 2500.00 us for four! :thefinger:

bigpappa
May 29th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by specv@May 28 2003, 11:10 PM
autotoyz
please go to a real shop :thefinger:

Blaine B.
May 29th, 2003, 02:17 PM
you should read my post a little more carefully. I said it "retails" for $289 US, check around for yourself if you think this is "mis-information".* Nobody tries elling ceramic headers for $412 in the states, $389 is the average price for a STAINLESS STEEL header. It doesn't matter what the MSRP is, it matters what they go for.* I'm not spreading any "mis-information" and don't try and make it seem like I am, if anything I'm informing people.
Retail would imply that these dormspeed.com's have a commercial storefront that you can walk into and see and touch the parts if you want to get a feel for the fit and finish.

It really annoys me when people complain that the local shops are gouging them when in reality we are only charging retail prices.

You don't think it's totally lame that after the conversion, shipping, duty, tax, and brokerage fee I can still get it $100 cheaper than the best shop in town? I think that's bogus, personally.
Did it ever occur to you to check the local price's again inlight of the recent events in the world economy? You "price-checked" 3 MONTHS AGO, alot has happened since then. I am currently working on getting you updated pricing for the Ceramic DC Sports header for for your 1990 'Teg.

Man I am glad to be going on vacation to BC for a week. :bigthumbup:

Cyanide Ride
May 29th, 2003, 02:31 PM
You think it's cheap to get it from US, go ahead, once it hits the border, thats when it hits the fan.

Christ, $412 for a header is cheap. That's how much I paid for my cermaic header 7 years ago when I was still NA! and the REAL bitch?, jsut wait and see how long it takes the "Cheaper variant" to get your parts in...

ps. Blaine, theres NOTHING to see in BC :D

Loose
May 29th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by BlueTurboEGG@May 29 2003, 12:31 PM
ps. Blaine, theres NOTHING to see in BC :D
But there is a hell of a lot to smoke!

Muahahahaha :bigthumbup:

...just kidding :P

scooby_dooby
May 29th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by bigpappa@May 29 2003, 09:20 AM
holy shit you guys are really CHEAP bastards,ya what did scooby dooby say about building a 3000.00 engine?that would only cover a remove and rebuild STOCK in the city!don't try and play the role if you don't have the money,heres some advice get your motor rebuilt and take the 100.00 to 150.00 left over and by some stickers for your car.we have a sayin in the parts business''if they want it they will put the money down and if they don't they are tire kickers.3000.00 don't even cover the cost of my rods which where 2500.00 us for four! :thefinger:
i'm not RE-building my engine, i'm building my engine, ya know? Cams, Pistons Header Intake, FPR, SAFC, headwork, valve springs.....that kinda thing?

Blaine, I wasn't trying to single you guys out, I could call up every shop in town and get similar quotes, that was my whole point is that all the shops are overpriced like this. That was just a little example, of the whole situation.

And you say you're only selling them for "retail" but every company has a different way of coming up with that number. The only way for a consumer to know what things are worth is to look on the open market, and see what the "going rate" is.

In other words, if 10 shops are all selling something for $200, and the company has put out a MSRP of $600, what, as a consumer, will I expect to pay? Well, obviously I would realize that the markup must be huge on MSRP if these rival companies can sell it for $200 and still make money, right? So I would consider $200 a fair price, not the MSRP of $600.

All you Tuner guys are comin here callin ME cheap, well the truth is you're the ones who're cheap. You're the ones who aren't satisfied with a small, more competitive markup, you're the ones who are driving business away, so don't get all upset and start callin everyone Cheap. In other words you're GREEDY and are taking advantage of the situation.

IH8V8S
May 29th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 29 2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by bigpappa@May 29 2003, 09:20 AM
i'm not RE-building my engine, i'm building my engine, ya know? Cams, Pistons Header Intake, FPR, SAFC, headwork, valve springs.....that kinda thing?

Blaine, I wasn't trying to single you guys out, I could call up every shop in town and get similar quotes, that was my whole point is that all the shops are overpriced like this. That was just a little example, of the whole situation.

And you say you're only selling them for "retail" but every company has a different way of coming up with that number. The only way for a consumer to know what things are worth is to look on the open market, and see what the "going rate" is.

In other words, if 10 shops are all selling something for $200, and the company has put out a MSRP of $600, what, as a consumer, will I expect to pay? Well, obviously I would realize that the markup must be huge on MSRP if these rival companies can sell it for $200 and still make money, right? So I would consider $200 a fair price, not the MSRP of $600.

All you Tuner guys are comin here callin ME cheap, well the truth is you're the ones who're cheap. You're the ones who aren't satisfied with a small, more competitive markup, you're the ones who are driving business away, so don't get all upset and start callin everyone Cheap. In other words you're GREEDY and are taking advantage of the situation.
;) When you call someone greedy and cheap keep in mind that there is a cost for storage, people, store space, shipping, duty, and brokerage. You can look at a 30% mark-up, for example, as gouging when in reality the true profit off of that would be more like 20%..... And for most businesses it's not worth it to do business for less than that. :mellow: So there's $.03 to the pile.

Krazy Karl :wacko:

import_3000
May 29th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SRBURG13@Jul 16 2002, 02:51 PM
Well to tell you the truth, everyone is going to wait for whatever they buy. Cause since the summer started so late, everything you can imagine is on backorder (which equal long wait).

As for customer service..........nothing beats mine *;) *Come talk to me at DECIBALS Auto Sound and Security. I just started doing all of the performance sh*t out of there. So give me a shout and let me know what you need. No matter where you go, there will be a crazy wait, unless they have the gear in stock.

Not that I`m downing the boyz at Matrix, just that they alwazs seem to have way too much to do.

Then names Aaron, and be sure to ask for me. Unfortunately I`m in Germany right now (can`t resist V8less) but I will be back on the 30th.

Aaron @ Decibals Auto: 413-6067.

Take care.
sorry to be off topic, but how is it in germany? I love that place, ive been there many times and i just love the cars, autobahn, girls

1mns13
May 29th, 2003, 07:18 PM
The correct phone number is 420-1111. Shopping is your best friend. Price ,Quality,Service, Which two do you want? I shop on the internet for everything. It's safe,easy and it pays well.

Loose
May 29th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Some of us like dealing with shops on a face to face basis, not through our cable modems.

If you are interested in penny pinching and worrying if the company you are buying from actually exists, stick to the net. If you don't mind paying an extra couple buck, help out the local shops. They will get to know you, and give you really good customer service.

You cannot expect a local shop that has to pay it's staff and rent to price match some guy in Kentuky working out of his basement.

End of story -_-

bigpappa
May 30th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby@May 29 2003, 02:38 PM

where do you get off?one word for you tirekicker.i agree with ih8v8s on this one,your knowledge about mark ups is a joke.till you own and run a shop then you should talk about shops being greedy.scooby dooby whats the fastest you have run at the trtack? that should answer the whole question about being cheap i'am out :thefinger:

HEWSINATOR
May 30th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Edit*** does not really make sense anymore

redbaron303
May 31st, 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Loose@May 29 2003, 06:52 PM
Some of us like dealing with shops on a face to face basis, not through our cable modems.

If you are interested in penny pinching and worrying if the company you are buying from actually exists, stick to the net. If you don't mind paying an extra couple buck, help out the local shops. They will get to know you, and give you really good customer service.

You cannot expect a local shop that has to pay it's staff and rent to price match some guy in Kentuky working out of his basement.

End of story -_-
Total Agreement w/ Loose and IH8V8S...

If you don't support the local shops, how do you expect them to grow and offer you better products for less??? Mass sales also help to bring down the cost, and if people are NOT buying locally the price will not drop, at least not quickly and then shops will start to dissappear.

There are peopel out there that dislike dealing with some HTML bullshit, handing out credit card #'s no matter how secure they say their site is, trying to figure out conversion and border fees....

There's no use in rambling on... this Scooby Dooby always thinks he's 100% right, and no one else has a clue! I don't agree w/ that, and like big pappa says until you've been in the business by working, owning, managing a shop you really don't know much about it, and should expect some mark up. Otherwise you'll never see the product because the stores bills aren't being paid... think about it!