PDA

View Full Version : Who's managed to ride this season/or has gotten their bike ready?

SilverNeonRacer
March 30th, 2011, 02:54 PM
So I got my 2 bikes for sale ready end of Jan, just incase they sold, that way they could be fired up for potential buyers.

Today I just got my big bastard ready.. it won't fit out the front door and the back door of where it is is still blocked by 2ft+ snow and the only opening in the fence of the compound were my truck/trailer would fit is blocked/covered by a 20ft high pile of snow. So I may need to mud bog it, or use a few sheets of plywood, and leap frog the plywood as I move the bike forward to the closed gap it'll fit through

NESTLE
March 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I've been waiting....Bike is at the dealer hopefully gettign fixed.
I cant wait for good weather!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ColinSiR/CAMERAAAAA053.jpg

SilverNeonRacer
March 30th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Ya, I mentioned to my wife people are out riding in Edmonton, she said "Don't get any ideas" as I mentioned it might be motivating some people into buying bikes (we have 2 for sale).

Due to the oil checking procedure on my bike, you have to idle it for 15min, let it sit for exactly 3min, then check the oil I was playing, rode my bike forward 5 feet, rolled it back, rode it forward 5 feet, and repeat. Just to get used to the clutch again. While changing the oil today (my manual says to fill the crank case for storage, then drain and fill to proper level come spring.. what a waste of oil, so I use the cheap stuff for that) I put on my luggage rack. Didn't put on my shifter bushing or HIDs, I'll wait til I drain the tank before doing the HIDs, and til I can put it on my trailer for better access to where the shifter bushing goes.

Blue-Wolf
April 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
I've been out riding for the last week. Not bad, except for the potholes, the gravel, the wet roads, the potholes (YEAH, I KNOW, SAID IT TWICE CAUSE THEY ARE TWICE AS BAD THIS YEAR!), and the idiots who run thru puddles at mach 10 and try to hit the barriers while doing it on Gateway. :P
:beer:

nismomaniak
April 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM
ive got mine out, ill be out again today too. its so nice to be riding again

SilverNeonRacer
April 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I actually rode to and from Edmonton yesterday. Got home about 10pm or so, just intime for it to start raining.

RhinestoneChow
April 11th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Took my bike out on Saturday, it was perfect, the bigger road were pretty much swept already and the weather was awesome! Hopefully I can ride it this weekend.

Took a picture of my bike when I pulled it out of the garage:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/unkicrackie99/IMG_2478copy.jpg

85_mister2
April 11th, 2011, 01:06 AM
nice gixxer, had mine out today for a few hours, it was perfect until it got fairly cold when the sun went hiding, i shined it up but it didn't stay too clean with the melting snow :(
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/91blackgtr/cbr/2011-04-06_14-59-55_578_SherwoodPark.jpg

Audi4life20v
April 11th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Ya, I mentioned to my wife people are out riding in Edmonton, she said "Don't get any ideas" as I mentioned it might be motivating some people into buying bikes (we have 2 for sale).

Due to the oil checking procedure on my bike, you have to idle it for 15min, let it sit for exactly 3min, then check the oil I was playing, rode my bike forward 5 feet, rolled it back, rode it forward 5 feet, and repeat. Just to get used to the clutch again. While changing the oil today (my manual says to fill the crank case for storage, then drain and fill to proper level come spring.. what a waste of oil, so I use the cheap stuff for that) I put on my luggage rack. Didn't put on my shifter bushing or HIDs, I'll wait til I drain the tank before doing the HIDs, and til I can put it on my trailer for better access to where the shifter bushing goes.

I believe I've seen your ad for your wifes 250R on Kijiji when I was browsing. (same backdrop as the pic you posted right? Looked very nice! I was doing some more research into what I wanted to buy this summer and I found Honda has a 250 bike too. I may go that route as I really like Honda bikes. AKA they seem to know their shit when it comes to engines and bikes. + it has fuel injection.

SilverNeonRacer
April 11th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Yup, most likely my ad, I have the same back drop for all 3 bikes.

I saw the Honda 250 at the bike show in Feb... to small for me, but then again, most bikes are.