PDA

View Full Version : Decibals Auto Sound and Security Ltd., Compustar install review

Lococoin
February 13th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I just finished picking up my car at Decibals after the 2 way Compustar install. The did an excellent job on the install, everything is tucked up nice and neatly under the dash and wires running out to the engine bay are all protected by wire loom. Every wire connection is soldered and the install comes with a lifetime warranty.

They spent about 20 minutes running through the different features of the Compustar and made sure that I understood them before I left the shop. As an added bonus they are willing to offer lifetime warranty on the Compustar components (remote warrany is 2 years) even though I did not buy the Compustar at their store. (Compustar must be new in box to receive this warranty)

They also washed my car for me which was a pleasant suprise considering it was a disgusting mess when I brought it in.

Total price for basic install was $185.00, I had already installed power door actuators and ran the wires inside the car so for them to hook it up as well as supply the relays cost me an additional $45.00. If you are interested in having them install the door actuators there is an additional cost of $90.00 per door.

All in all I was very happy with their shop and customer service. I will definitely use them again.

You can Find Decibals located at 7359 104 St. or contact them by phone (780) 413-6067

SRBURG13
February 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Yup, Ryan is a good installer.

Did Mike say he would discount you if you promo'd them? lol You seemed to know the pricing just a tad too good, and you included the "ltd." in the name. But if not. Good memory :D
Yeah, Ryan (installer) is good shit.

Lococoin
February 14th, 2004, 01:21 AM
No Discount, I paid what any other customer will pay. I got the prices off of my receipt as well as the name. I just thought id give them a fair review.

ND4SPD
February 14th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Lococoin
As an added bonus they are willing to offer lifetime warranty on the Compustar components (remote warrany is 2 years) even though I did not buy the Compustar at their store. (Compustar must be new in box to receive this warranty)

You mean to say you just brought in the COMPUSTAR...and let them install it??

Do they accept installation eventhough a product is not bought from their shop? :eek:

Lococoin
February 15th, 2004, 11:08 PM
They will install it as long as its new in the box and all the pieces are there.

ND4SPD
February 17th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Lococoin
They will install it as long as its new in the box and all the pieces are there.

Does this concern only COMPUSTAR or any other brands apply??

Lococoin
February 17th, 2004, 03:45 PM
i have no idea. give them a call at the number listed above

jrdiesel
February 19th, 2004, 11:44 PM
$45.00 for relays?!?!

They should never cost more than $5.00 each, serious. For locks you only need 2 relays and the harnesses. $20.00 tops for all of it.

:blink:

Lococoin
February 20th, 2004, 01:58 AM
uhh did you forget the labour?