PDA

View Full Version : Action muffler, radiator & brakes A++++

stealth
February 23rd, 2004, 11:24 PM
I would like to thank the guys at Action muffler for helping me out, they are awesome guys, replaced a mid pipe and resonator for me in about 20 minutes! awesome job, workmanship is good, and best of all the price with a resonator and pipe it cost me 128 $ Including gst and labour!!!!!!!!!!

Took the car to Midas earlier in the morning they wanted over 300 bucks, and were feeding me bull shit!

Conclusion. Action muffler, radiator and brakes are a great place to go to if you need work done on ur ride.

ChromeDragon
February 24th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Hmmm, maybe I should go get another resonator thrown in my car.......it is a little deafening.:eek: :bthumbup:

colossus
February 24th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the info. I always wondered why Midas was so expensive...:confused:

blown_mr2
February 24th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Gald to hear!!

Now don't go driving over any snow drifts!!

stealth
February 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM
ha yea, i thought i was an ice racer.

DowntownFocus
February 26th, 2004, 12:05 AM
One thing you can be sure of, is there is no way you got the same mid pipe or parts that Midas priced for you.

stealth
February 26th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by DowntownFocus
One thing you can be sure of, is there is no way you got the same mid pipe or parts at that matter that Midas priced for you.

ehh but i dont think there is that much difference ina straight pipe.

btw can i blame the city for not giving any warning of grading in the area>?

TrevorK
February 26th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by stealth
btw can i blame the city for not giving any warning of grading in the area>?

Don't waste my tax dollars on your bad driving.

scooby_dooby
February 26th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DowntownFocus
One thing you can be sure of, is there is no way you got the same mid pipe or parts at that matter that Midas priced for you.

a mif pipe is a mid-pipe, midas uses some special sort of mild steel?

and a magnaflow resonator is $80, regardless of what resonator they put in $300 is a joke. Midas has special $240 resonators? Please

stealth
February 26th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
Don't waste my tax dollars on your bad driving.

how is it my bad driving when they are grading the streets and dont bother putting any warning signs of debri on the road?

Its not only you tax dollars remember.

stealth
February 26th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby
a mif pipe is a mid-pipe, midas uses some special sort of mild steel?

and a magnaflow resonator is $80, regardless of what resonator they put in $300 is a joke. Midas has special $240 resonators? Please

Ya Shawn that was pure bull shit.

TrevorK
February 26th, 2004, 01:24 PM
how is it my bad driving when they are grading the streets and dont bother putting any warning signs of debri on the road?

Its not only you tax dollars remember.

Are you trying to say you didn't see debri in the road? Please tell me you have something better as an excuse...

Once this year I had to drive over a pile of snow (High as the bottom of the bumper) because of them grading in the morning, and it didn't do a single thing to my Eclipse, and most likely not to any other car behind/in front of me. (This was on 167th ave - might have even been the same as yours because I've never seen the city pull such a stupid stunt as that)

You're absolutely right - it's not just my tax dollars. Let's ask everyone else that day who didn't wreck their exhaust if they should all chip in and pay for yours.

And for a related note - have you been paying attention to the city case involving the guy who fell down a manhole cover - where they are basically saying it was his fault? So what do you think they'll say if you tell them that you driving over a chunk of snow (Clear as day - not hidden like the manhole) is their fault?

stealth
February 29th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Are you trying to say you didn't see debri in the road? Please tell me you have something better as an excuse...

Once this year I had to drive over a pile of snow (High as the bottom of the bumper) because of them grading in the morning, and it didn't do a single thing to my Eclipse, and most likely not to any other car behind/in front of me. (This was on 167th ave - might have even been the same as yours because I've never seen the city pull such a stupid stunt as that)

You're absolutely right - it's not just my tax dollars. Let's ask everyone else that day who didn't wreck their exhaust if they should all chip in and pay for yours.

And for a related note - have you been paying attention to the city case involving the guy who fell down a manhole cover - where they are basically saying it was his fault? So what do you think they'll say if you tell them that you driving over a chunk of snow (Clear as day - not hidden like the manhole) is their fault?

Can you shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of shit, this didnt involve you. This was 10 at night, and there was a lineup of cars. This boulder, not hill of snow, boulder popped up out of no where as they were scraping the street, thus it was a hard piece of snow, and what should have I done, slamm on my breaks and let the other person rear end me, or should have i swerved into the next lane side swiping the other car. Tell he how i should of resolved this.

Fuck u and ur tax dollars it wont make a difference, dont forget i pay taxes.

This shit wouldnt have started if you didnt shut your fucking big mouth.

stealth
February 29th, 2004, 11:20 PM
yea its clear as day when its fucking night time.

And as for asking people to chip in, wtf are you implying that people honestly go one day to the government and give them money, no thats not how it is. Considering there is 500 000+ people in edmonton, it wouldnt even affect them half a cent as the cost came out to 120 bucks.

Sorry if i seem bitchy, but im sick and tired of assholes like you who, cant keep their comments to themselves, and have to make an issue of it. I just retalliate the same way.

TrevorK
March 1st, 2004, 09:05 AM
Can you shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of shit, this didnt involve you. This was 10 at night, and there was a lineup of cars. This boulder, not hill of snow, boulder popped up out of no where as they were scraping the street, thus it was a hard piece of snow, and what should have I done, slamm on my breaks and let the other person rear end me, or should have i swerved into the next lane side swiping the other car. Tell he how i should of resolved this.

Fuck u and ur tax dollars it wont make a difference, dont forget i pay taxes.

This shit wouldnt have started if you didnt shut your fucking big mouth.

It wouldn't have happened if you maintained control of your car. Is that too much to ask nowadays?

TrevorK
March 1st, 2004, 09:09 AM
yea its clear as day when its fucking night time.

And as for asking people to chip in, wtf are you implying that people honestly go one day to the government and give them money, no thats not how it is. Considering there is 500 000+ people in edmonton, it wouldnt even affect them half a cent as the cost came out to 120 bucks.

Sorry if i seem bitchy, but im sick and tired of assholes like you who, cant keep their comments to themselves, and have to make an issue of it. I just retalliate the same way.

So because you see the possible to take money from the city you think you're allowed to? So by that token, should I be getting fired and going on EI for the rest of the year? I've paid into it afterall - and I'd only be a drop in the bucket....

Do you see the flaw in this logic? It's the same with all the "injured" people in car accidents. They aren't really injured, but since they've paid into it they feel they're deserving of their "fair share". Which is why our insurance is so fucking high.

I bet you're the same guy who steals the towels out of the hotel rooms too....

stealth
March 1st, 2004, 09:22 AM
I dont see any reason for this being wrong, as the city was at fault by not posting signs, or having trucks follow behind graders.

This has nothing similar to do with EI, explain how it does?

As for injuries, its quite possible to see if there is or isnt, except in most cases when people lie of course about neck problems and back problems. I dont see how this is similar, as my problem was obvious as it is a physical assessment of damages.

I bet your like people who gossip like bitches and cant fucking mind there own buisness.

stealth
March 1st, 2004, 09:23 AM
It wouldn't have happened if you maintained control of your car. Is that too much to ask nowadays?

Yea sure is easy to maintain control at 50 km'h when its a pretty busy friday night, and this boulder pops up, tell me what you would have done...

stealth
March 1st, 2004, 09:24 AM
.dbl post.

TrevorK
March 1st, 2004, 10:11 AM
Yea sure is easy to maintain control at 50 km'h when its a pretty busy friday night, and this boulder pops up, tell me what you would have done...

You follow a grader at 50KM/H?

I bet you pass snow plows on the highway too eh?

TrevorK
March 1st, 2004, 10:14 AM
I dont see any reason for this being wrong, as the city was at fault by not posting signs, or having trucks follow behind graders.

This has nothing similar to do with EI, explain how it does?

As for injuries, its quite possible to see if there is or isnt, except in most cases when people lie of course about neck problems and back problems. I dont see how this is similar, as my problem was obvious as it is a physical assessment of damages.

I bet your like people who gossip like bitches and cant fucking mind there own buisness.

You mean you saw a grader, you followed the grader, and you think the city also needs to post signs that they are grading?

I'm not saying the city was right in not following the graders, but ya just gotta pay attention to the road and drive for the conditions.

The EI/Insurance applies perfectly. As with those, you're trying to get something that you say you feel "entitled to" and that you should get it because it's a "drop in the bucket".

What if EVERYONE did this sort of stunt? Then I pay more taxes/user fees because of it, even though I don't make claims such as this.

stealth
March 2nd, 2004, 12:35 AM
that doesnt increase taxes.

No i was not following behind it, it was just infront of me around a bend (jasper ave) turning left from 112 ave (opposite way). I dont feel this was a stunt but w/e.