PDA

View Full Version : stop locking threads!

Spoolin
October 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I posted a thread that was a game and it didnt even get 1 day before it was locked.
No sense of humor on this site?

I would say the activity of the forum is going down, and not as many new threads are being started.
I keep seeing the same boring Official threads in each subforum, thats it.... If you want the forum to succeed then stop being bandwidth police and let some shit get posted that will keep the forum active.

I am willing to bet lots of people come to this forum as well as other forums and instantly check the Off Topic section for luls. There is no luls, just tits and people fighting tickets.

I posted a thread that was going to be funny, but you guys blew it and locked it, once again slowing down the action on the forum.

This site is going to go to shit. All that this forum has is "official ________" threads that are active.

The math:

Nobody posts=Nobody wants to waste money to sponsor 20 active members=site makes no money=site fail.

You blew it.

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?138622-hey

Fish_e_o
October 25th, 2011, 10:18 AM
i'm pretty sure everyone just gave it a big WTF and moved on...

i just assumed you were loaded and meant to pm one of the few chicks on this board and it didn't work out according to plan

iAvery
October 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
That wasn't even a game like you stated, atleast with a post like brightwhites stated "I'm drunk and I just accomplished", all you were doing was post whoring.

Spoolin
October 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
The point was to throw up a statement with a word that has a different meaning but can sound like 2 other words combined....

Water = What are
Mustache = Must ask

Get it?
I thought you guys were smarter and would pick that up, seemed to catch on with other forums.
It had potential for some luls.

Post whoring? Please, like i give a shit about my post count. Keep trying.....

Fish_e_o
October 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
The point was to throw up a statement with a word that has a different meaning but can sound like 2 other words combined....

Water = What are
Mustache = Must ask

Get it?
I thought you guys were smarter and would pick that up, seemed to catch on with other forums.

lol it's 780 i just assume people are drunk...

AudiInProgress
October 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I was also curious about your thread being locked... Oh well.

Now we have another official complaining thread.

:)

hahahaha
ikid, ikid

Wait... That could be the next Apple product. The iKid... Apple should invent an electronic infant and sell it to would-be mom's.

GavintheGiant
October 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
lol yeah i had assumed that was a drunk post as well

pheoxs
October 25th, 2011, 11:23 AM

Water = What are
Mustache = Must ask

Get it?

Most games like that have some kind of rules / stuff before hand to start...

joker
October 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I locked your thread, there was no talk of lets start a game it was just an absolute nonsense post. Those will get locked, if you want to start a nonsense thread then do it in the LR.

FreshJive
October 25th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Well it was at 2 a.m. so i could see why it was confused as a drunk post. Maybe if you said "lets play a game" and then listed the rules it would have been fine.

On that note:

fugu
October 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I'm not a fan of the "keep it on topic guys", Discussions evolve. We start discussing one thing and as a group we start to get into other topics and the thread grows. So what if it ends up off topic.. if it is a valid discussion let it go.!

Maybe i'll put that in the Forum Feedback section...

Spoolin
October 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well now that its clear its not a drunk post, it should be unlocked.

chrenan
October 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I also hate "keep it on topic" as well as "no banter". This place is getting lame. I only really come here for the highschool drama that I actively try to avoid in my real life. What other point is there for this place? If I have actual car questions I go to a brand specific forum. 780 has jumped the shark.

AudiInProgress
October 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
what the fuck
can't link images here
i love you chrenny
click this shit
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Img/Photos/Windsurfing/3219981.jpg

chrenan
October 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Ha!!!! That's great!

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Img/Photos/Windsurfing/3219981.jpg

EM2FTL
October 26th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I also hate "keep it on topic" as well as "no banter". This place is getting lame. I only really come here for the highschool drama that I actively try to avoid in my real life. What other point is there for this place? If I have actual car questions I go to a brand specific forum. 780 has jumped the shark.

Well said, agree 100%. Who cares if we go off-topic? Conversation isn't linear..

2HIGH~PSI
October 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Sorry Kyle, I have to agree with Joker (not because im a mod, but rather my own opinion). The thread made no sense, nor did you specify what you were trying to achieve.

We've had many games on this board throughout the years and some decently successful, however yours didnt seem like a game...??

Feel free to make a new thread with such an explanation of the game and im sure people here would love to play. :thumbup:

chrenan
October 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Alright. Everyone who has spoken up here about the increasing lameness of 780Tuners is probably about to get banned. Here's the evacuation plan. I'm going to setup an alternate forum using Alberta's new and seldom used area code "587". The address will be forums.587Tunerz.com. Tuners will be spelt with a "z" because that is cooler.

At forums.587Tunerz.com only banter and going off-topic will be allowed. There will be a General Auto Chat forum as well as 5 other sub-forums, all called "Off Topic". It won't be an "inclusive community for all car enthusiasts" it will be for tunerz, like it says in the TITLE. Domestic car and truck people can go to their own mullet sites for low brow conversation. Everyone at forums.587Tunerz.com will advise buying an M3 on every thread. We will have a season opener when the weather is warm and everyone has their cars out, we will have a season closer when the weather is warm and everyone has their cars out. We will not donate to charity at meets, we will collect money and then spend it buying awesome things like mini-bikes, paint ball guns and remote control helicopters that we can use to harass grown-ups. There will be no police presence at forums.587Tunerz.com unless said police play bad-cop in the good-cop / bad-cop scenario, or if they have an awesome police mustache, then they are allowed.

See you there!

IRON MAN
October 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM
YES! Best thing I have read on this forum so far!

civicdude
October 26th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Alright. Everyone who has spoken up here about the increasing lameness of 780Tuners is probably about to get banned. Here's the evacuation plan. I'm going to setup an alternate forum using Alberta's new and seldom used area code "587". The address will be forums.587Tunerz.com. Tuners will be spelt with a "z" because that is cooler.

At forums.587Tunerz.com only banter and going off-topic will be allowed. There will be a General Auto Chat forum as well as 5 other sub-forums, all called "Off Topic". It won't be an "inclusive community for all car enthusiasts" it will be for tunerz, like it says in the TITLE. Domestic car and truck people can go to their own mullet sites for low brow conversation. Everyone at forums.587Tunerz.com will advise buying an M3 on every thread. We will have a season opener when the weather is warm and everyone has their cars out, we will have a season closer when the weather is warm and everyone has their cars out. We will not donate to charity at meets, we will collect money and then spend it buying awesome things like mini-bikes, paint ball guns and remote control helicopters that we can use to harass grown-ups. There will be no police presence at forums.587Tunerz.com unless said police play bad-cop in the good-cop / bad-cop scenario, or if they have an awesome police mustache, then they are allowed.

See you there!

Doesn't seem to work... :lol:

protegekid
October 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM

See you there!

I like your idea, I really miss the good old days. One question though, will there be tray drifting honda's, SRT4's setting off their BOV's and an m3 doing doughnuts in only one direction? That would be the real deal clincher

2HIGH~PSI
October 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I like your idea, I really miss the good old days. One question though, will there be tray drifting honda's, SRT4's setting off their BOV's and an m3 doing doughnuts in only one direction? That would be the real deal clincher

I sense a little bit of sarcasm??

I genuinely do miss the old meets. They were exciting. Not like the meets today where we sit and tell the newbies about the stories back in the day, and then sit and try to plan what charity wer're going to throw an event for.

For the record, I do not disagree with the events or the charitable acts and donations. I do my best to contribute when I can. I just miss the days where we went out to Onoway, Parkade in St A. Best Buy, Alberta Research Center etc. We actually drove around and there was a bit of excitement.

CYKdcR33
October 28th, 2011, 10:46 AM
i agree with 2hi, the cruises were fun and interesting. Now a days its just meet n shoot the shit, then go home. the opener and closer meets are great but we need to makes other meets interesting again

r.SVA
October 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Why don't you guys make it back like the old days? What's stopping you? I'm sure if a small group of people try to start a cruise many of the rest will follow suit. (Next summer of course, for the winter I know most meets will end up with wheeling!)

Graphicdude
October 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
A lot of you guys are grown up now are you not? Maybe it's more of too many adults with adult morals fogging the ability of having good times? :)
I think that in order to have good meets someone needs to plan the meets and have a set agenda for the night. There is nothing stopping you guys from having a good time. It just requires some organization and creativity.

zhao
October 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Why don't you guys make it back like the old days? What's stopping you? I'm sure if a small group of people try to start a cruise many of the rest will follow suit. (Next summer of course, for the winter I know most meets will end up with wheeling!)

u need Belrieve to show up at a meet if u want an old school meet.

ResidentEVO
October 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I sense a little bit of sarcasm??

I genuinely do miss the old meets. They were exciting. Not like the meets today where we sit and tell the newbies about the stories back in the day, and then sit and try to plan what charity wer're going to throw an event for.

For the record, I do not disagree with the events or the charitable acts and donations. I do my best to contribute when I can. I just miss the days where we went out to Onoway, Parkade in St A. Best Buy, Alberta Research Center etc. We actually drove around and there was a bit of excitement.

And we all got a lot of tickets and had brutal driving records. I know the meets cost me a couple years of applying for Police jobs because of tickets.

Regrets? No. But I'm older and smarter now. The youngings can cruise and race. I'm too old for it.

xbr50
October 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Please, do share the "good ol days" stories for us youngins. :D

But I do agree with chrenan... and that's all I will say about that.

zhao
October 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
all the really good stuff probably shouldn't be repeated.

one of the best cruises i can remember was one of hte winter beater cruises a few years ago when belrieve had taht blue neon; field + best buy parking lot + petrocan with that drunk driver we called the cops on. that was a pretty good night.

AudiInProgress
October 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I'd love to do an oldschool meet... Maybe this winter?

Spoolin
October 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
^You going to get stuck again?

Keep this thread on topic guiz.

kthxbye

FreshJive
October 28th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I remember when Aaron, rob and chad were talking about the good ol days at a meet earlier in the year and i thought to myself "you guys actually did that shit? goddamn?!?!"

charger_guy
October 29th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Well quite a few of us still do in fact show up to the meets and go cruising. Cruising does not have to include retarded driving and idiots being well idiots. I usually show up to UC for 30 minutes and then take off with a bunch of guys and go cruising. How ever I do miss the old days. Burnouts everywhere, high way pulls, 17th street. Some good ol fun days!

BrightWhite
October 29th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Well quite a few of us still do in fact show up to the meets and go cruising. Cruising does not have to include retarded driving and idiots being well idiots. I usually show up to UC for 30 minutes and then take off with a bunch of guys and go cruising. How ever I do miss the old days. Burnouts everywhere, high way pulls, 17th street. Some good ol fun days!

X2 on the 17th street, times have sure changed...

EM2FTL
November 1st, 2011, 03:57 PM
lol

rHBOhLHgk7U

DividedByZero
November 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
LOL! High score part was epic.

Wookey
November 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM
u need Belrieve to show up at a meet if u want an old school meet.

Haha true enough.

BLOCKER
November 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
stop locking threads!

No.

/Thread