PDA

View Full Version : insuring a bike without a class 6

blam
May 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
is there a way around this? it's rather difficult to gain experience without riding and you can't ride without insurance.

I have a friends that are class 6 to follow, but their bikes are far from beginner bikes and I'd rather not risk dropping their bikes.

how does one ride as a learner on their own bike, legally?

thanks

HRDPRKR
May 23rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Just get on the phone and call around. I managed to get mine covered with co operators, but they gave me a year to get my license and they wouldn't renew.

friedn00dles
May 23rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
is there a way around this? it's rather difficult to gain experience without riding and you can't ride without insurance.

I have a friends that are class 6 to follow, but their bikes are far from beginner bikes and I'd rather not risk dropping their bikes.

thanks

Nordic Insurance insure's rider's with a Class 5 licence. Call a local broker or i can help you out.

Matthew Haywood
May 23rd, 2012, 04:18 PM

thanks

Call Servus CU Insurance. They insured my bike before I got my license, 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R. Also the rule is the Class 6 holder must follow you. Got pulled over once and was warned about this when teaching my friends to ride.

AudiInProgress
May 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Nordic Insurance insure's rider's with a Class 5 licence. Call a local broker or i can help you out.

Yup. Nordic(Nordique) in Calgary is your only hope. Use a broker like AMA to get a policy drawn up.

ChuckNorrisKicksAss
May 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
State farm

FreshJive
May 23rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
it's real hit and miss. Some will insure you, other will not. State farm wouldn't insure me without my class 6. But when i asked other people that were with state farm, they had no issues getting coverage.

blam
May 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
awesome, thaks guys

ResidentEVO
May 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM
State Farm insured me without a 6.

catlin987987
May 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I went though TIG in the westend and its was through Nordic, its pricer though. PLPD -No theft or Fire $440 year