PDA

View Full Version : Street sightings sub-section

FreshJive
December 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Not that i'm complaining in any way, but what was the logic behind it? Yes i know it is in a trail phase but i'm just curious.

Terminator
December 20th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I was just about to post a thread about this. IMO it's insane to make a new thread for each and every specific sighting or incident around Edmonton. I think the general sightings thread was much more efficient.

Just my 2 cents...

Jamie

Silence*
December 20th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I agree as well. Was rather confused when I saw the sightings thread was locked and moved to its own subsection, and IMO it should still be open to posting.

jeggo
December 20th, 2012, 10:16 PM
X100000

Same idea with the ongoing post your picture thread. IMO, it's better for the sighting to be just compiled in one thread.

FreshJive
December 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Honestly it will just end up turning into a gong show because i'm sure there will come a time where you have ten threads each about the same six cars being spotted. So now your moderators that moderate will have to merge those threads together. Which doesn't sound like a big deal, but then i'm sure in 780tuners fashion people will become bored a troll and this is may it where get sticky. On top of all those threads you're going to be getting no more than 10 posts after the OP, so now you've essentially created a sub-section of dead threads. Nothing more; nothing less. If it wasn't for the 'Random thoughts' thread in the locker room would have hundreds of threads based off drunk posts, things that happened to you at work and relationship heart aches from suladas.

Like others have said, the '780sightings' thread was more than enough and this sub-section was not needed.

But i am curious as to the logic that went behind creating this sub-section.

protegekid
December 21st, 2012, 01:46 AM
Pretty sure they are just trying to mimic big brother beyond with a large variety of sections and subsections. The Beyond General Car/Bike talk has a street encounters subsection that gets a decent amount of attention

G-Diesel
December 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure they are just trying to mimic big brother beyond with a large variety of sections and subsections. The Beyond General Car/Bike talk has a street encounters subsection that gets a decent amount of attention

Although Beyond (Calgary) has much more ballers and most of their threads are generally about interesting spots. No offence to anyone but I can see lots of threads made about Civic's... etc on the 780 version, would get repetitive. That's why I would think keeping the "780 Sighting" thread open for regular sightings and leave threads for interesting spots only would be a better solution.

JoshP2002
December 23rd, 2012, 04:06 AM
Why was the spotted thread not enough? A thread dedicated to seeing a specific car is pointless, and just shows up in "New Posts" every time. If we all made a thread for every car we saw that was considered a "tuner" we'd have endless pages of new threads about a simple sighting. Keep it to one thread IMO.

KiD_KurDi
December 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
We should use this thread to post things that might be effect your driving. Like traffic updates, construction, accidents.
Things like which Shell has V-power at regular price.

shermanem1
December 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
But even those are a one day event. We can just make a thread

BrightWhite
December 23rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Josh, there's a thread going in the feedback section on this topic, check it out.

fitz01
December 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
I like streets of 780

sliptank
December 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
780 sightings thread was all that was necessary. Streets of 780 is a terrible experiment, in my opinion.
How did this get approved over a Builds sub-forum?

ubique
December 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
I agree. Streets of 780 seems unnecessary.

RADRIDE
December 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Why was the spotted thread not enough? A thread dedicated to seeing a specific car is pointless, and just shows up in "New Posts" every time. If we all made a thread for every car we saw that was considered a "tuner" we'd have endless pages of new threads about a simple sighting. Keep it to one thread IMO.

Well the "780Tuners sightings" thread wasn't that anymore. It morphed to any car sightings thread.

R.K.

fugu
December 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Maybe make a "Racing" Sub forum. Racing events and racing builds as well as racing results. There seems to be alot of track enthusiasts on this site.

ResidentEVO
December 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Beyond also has a "sightings must include a picture" rule.

BrightWhite
December 23rd, 2012, 01:29 PM

Which is what makes those threads that much better.

dc2696
December 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM

I would say we should have this rule but I'd prolly get rearended by some kid trying to drive and take a picture of my license plate..

Mark Seto
December 31st, 2012, 11:33 AM
We had a few unmanageable threads, so suggestion was to split it up. We'll see how this goes for 6 months and re-evaluate. Great feedback.

Mark Seto
December 31st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Maybe make a "Racing" Sub forum. Racing events and racing builds as well as racing results. There seems to be alot of track enthusiasts on this site.

This sounds like a great idea. Will bring this up with mods.

the_fornicator
December 31st, 2012, 11:54 AM
The driver's hall of shame thread has been closed.

For shame!