PDA

View Full Version : douchebag in an Aristo

Justin_Sane
March 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM
just saw some idiot in a turbo aristo splitting lanes, passing on the inside, and doing no less than 130 in the construction zone on henday at sherwood park freeway.

I was doing 85 or so as the guy split the lane to pass on the right as the jeep beside me pulled offf the henday, andd proceeded to walk away from traffic until he was on the tailgate of the next vehicle.( Among other things)

Douchebags like that are the reason cops hassle everyone withh a sporty car, and people think that were all a bunch of fast and the furious street racer asssholes.

I didnt post his license plate number, or call it in, so maybe im an assshole for not doing so. But i probably should have done both.

ChuckNorrisKicksAss
March 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
How about a description of said vehicle, maybe he's a member.

buyinstuff
March 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM
How about a description of said vehicle, maybe he's a member.

Bro, can't you read?

He said its an aristo.

Cause there's only one in canada.

Bro.

But in all seriousness, stupid to speed that much. Years ago when i had my aristo i found myself driving rather quickly without noticing though. You get going pretty quick and dont feel it until you look at the speedo and go "whoa".

Justin_Sane
March 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah theres a difference between spirited driving and doing 50 over in a construction zone weaving around traffic.

And for a better description it was grey and it looked like every other turbo aristo that ive ever seen.

Viktimize
March 10th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Who cares about the speeding? That is a BS construstion zone since nobody is around working half the time. But the splitting lanes should get him a kick in the nuts.

superspeed
March 11th, 2013, 12:15 AM
its edmonton i get fly bys in suvs, vans, anything that has four wheels going 100+KM and soon 2 wheels that cut me off daily , cut me off slam on brakes , tail gate me. i dont think there is much you can do if you get plate or something report to police ? not sure if police will do much. Maybe there is a number we can call to report to it.

IRON MAN
March 11th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Police won't do anything anyways, unless you say you have reason to believe he/she is drunk driving. They will just ask you if you can come in to file a report if need be and show up to court. I gave up years ago.

One time I called in to report this maniac driver, and the woman starts hassling me about driving while on my phone, making sure I'm on Bluetooth. Like wtf

WhiteOut
March 11th, 2013, 08:16 AM
One time I called in to report this maniac driver, and the woman starts hassling me about driving while on my phone, making sure I'm on Bluetooth. Like wtf

Same thing has happened to me . Bunch of kids were hotboxing their car in rush hour and wandering all over. Called it in and got told by the dispatcher that I'd better not be on the phone in my car since it was an offence and I could be charged.

No point in trying if all you get is hassled over trying to help. Kind of funny since they run their campaigns to try and get people to call them.

AudiInProgress
March 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Especially since the police issued a poster showing all the things that are NOT ILLEGAL to use your hand-held cell phone for... One of the things which was NOT ILLEGAL was calling the police.

Stupid.

Inzane
March 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Even scarier, 630 CHED just this morning was asking about a poll on whether you thought it would be a good idea if police could seize your phone if caught violating the distracted driving law. :blink:

buyinstuff
March 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Even scarier, 630 CHED just this morning was asking about a poll on whether you thought it would be a good idea if police could seize your phone if caught violating the distracted driving law. :blink:

That might be one of the most retarded things i've ever heard.

I'd rather get arrested.

Vdub54
March 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
There is no way i would let them take my phone, i would just call on unlawful search and seizure from the charter, hopefully thats enough lol. but i dont think that law could ever be passed.

superspeed
March 11th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hope the police come up with a way to so we can at least report these douche bags that "work". i dont want to call in then get a ticket for calling

Vdub54
March 11th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure there is still an exception for calling the police that you are allowed to do it, cause i haven't been harassed when i have called someone in yet.

buyinstuff
March 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM
It seems like a lot of you "call people in"

Unless they're drunk, who cares? Mind your own business and carry on with your day.

Vdub54
March 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Unless they're drunk, who cares? Mind your own business and carry on with your day.

That's the only time i call in. That and is i see an asshole that actually is a threat to someones life. i dont bother with any of the other stuff

chorps
March 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM

Called it in and got told by the dispatcher that I'd better not be on the phone in my car since it was an offence and I could be charged.

No point in trying if all you get is hassled over trying to help. Kind of funny since they run their campaigns to try and get people to call them.

Especially since the police issued a poster showing all the things that are NOT ILLEGAL to use your hand-held cell phone for... One of the things which was NOT ILLEGAL was calling the police.

Hope the police come up with a way to so we can at least report these douche bags that "work". i dont want to call in then get a ticket for calling

I'm pretty sure there is still an exception for calling the police that you are allowed to do it, cause i haven't been harassed when i have called someone in yet.

What do you know, 780 teaches me something new every day.

I looked it up and here it is:
http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/TrafficVehicles/AlcoholBreathTesting/CurbTheDanger.aspx
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The distracted driving legislation in Alberta provides an exemption to allow the use of a hand held cellular device to report an emergency which includes a possible impaired driver reported to 9-1-1.

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/TrafficVehicles/DistractedDriving.aspx
Calling 911 in an emergency, or to report an impaired driver as part of the Curb the Danger program, is permitted while driving under the distracted driving law.

I would ask for the operator's badge number to file a complaint that they don't have enough training to deal with the laws. I didn't know this rule existed until now but the 911 operators are supposed to deal with every day.

WhiteOut
March 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM

The time I called in was for a bunch of kids hotboxing their car and wandering across the lanes.

As for seizing your cell phone, I believe that police are currently allowed to seize things that would be considered evidence. A cellphone related to a distracted driving ticket would probably fall under this.

EM2FTL
March 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM
The time I called in was for a bunch of kids hotboxing their car and wandering across the lanes.

As for seizing your cell phone, I believe that police are currently allowed to seize things that would be considered evidence. A cellphone related to a distracted driving ticket would probably fall under this.

They requisition cell phone records if necessary, they aren't seizing phones as a result of the new legislation.

IRON MAN
March 11th, 2013, 09:05 PM

No it wouldn't. Unless its a criminal investigation you will not be having your phone confiscated. Even, in that case, good luck getting through my password to unlock it.

They can only confiscate it, if you are involved in an accident fatality where they believe you are at fault and have reason to believe you were on your phone. Even then, they wouldn't need to, they would just pull your phone records

NisRB240
March 11th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Colour of wheels on Aristo?

AudiInProgress
March 12th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Somebody called me in once (this was like ~10 years ago)... For hopping a fucking curb.

Sure, I suppose, it's technically illegal... But I'm sure the assmunch who called me in was just jealous because he was stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, and I found a way out.

And a couple hours later, 2 cops showed up at my door, with a ticket in hand.

I can't believe that shit.

SantosZ32
March 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Yea I have been on the phone with the police following somebody and the dispatcher asked if I was on my phone I told her straight up yeah I only have one hand and I'm speeding she told me be careful.

ae86dorikin
March 21st, 2013, 10:21 PM
Colour of wheels on Aristo?

We already know, description fits quite well lol

sil_eighty
March 23rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
just saw some idiot in a turbo aristo splitting lanes, passing on the inside, and doing no less than 130 in the construction zone on henday at sherwood park freeway.

I was doing 85 or so as the guy split the lane to pass on the right as the jeep beside me pulled offf the henday, andd proceeded to walk away from traffic until he was on the tailgate of the next vehicle.

What type of Aristo JZS147 or the newer JZS161??

So you were in the fast lane when this happened?
And he lane changed when a jeep was exiting off the henday...
Sounds like you shoulda been in the right lane
:S

AudiInProgress
March 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
What type of Aristo JZS147 or the newer JZS161??

So you were in the fast lane when this happened?
And he lane changed when a jeep was exiting off the henday...
Sounds like you shoulda been in the right lane
:S

It's a fucking construction zone, with some very close quarters to equipment, manpower, and the police... It doesn't matter what lane he was in... Everybody should be doing 80 there.

VTAKLOL
March 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Rules of the road still apply lol, if you're moving slower, stay in the right lane. Notice how they DON'T cover those signs?

asmallrabbit
March 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM

I've only ever called in one person. I don't really care about people speeding and such, only if they seem really reckless. The one time I called someone in it was because they passed someone in the single lane construction zone at the start of henday on the north side after the manning drive ramp. They then tailgated me and tried to get around but I wouldn't let them. They tried to pass me again using the merge lane coming south from Ft. Sask but that (was) outside of the construction zone so I was already speeding up and they couldn't. As soon as the henday opened to two lanes they blow around me in the left lane force me over in my lane then cut in front and brake check me. At that point I decided to call them in because they deserved it. Horrible driving whether or not they were drunk.

sil_eighty
March 26th, 2013, 10:19 PM
It's a fucking construction zone, with some very close quarters to equipment, manpower, and the police... It doesn't matter what lane he was in... Everybody should be doing 80 there.

Actually I drive that route everyday in my Xturtle..
The construction signs are covered and some turned around..
There is no close quarters all the work it being done in the ditches
And I haven't seen a man around since oct..

Scarrumba
March 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Rules of the road still apply lol, if you're moving slower, stay in the right lane. Notice how they DON'T cover those signs?

Last time I went through construction on the Henday, there were "No Passing" signs as well. As if that stops anybody, though.
"Lane ends? Better race to the front of this line and cut someone off!"

Viktimize
March 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Actually I drive that route everyday in my Xturtle..
The construction signs are covered and some turned around..
There is no close quarters all the work it being done in the ditches
And I haven't seen a man around since oct..

I drive through their twice a day as well for work, I have never seen a sign covered up. It is posted at a strict BS 80km/h right from Whitemud all the way to after Baseline rd.

Last time I went through construction on the Henday, there were "No Passing" signs as well. As if that stops anybody, though.
"Lane ends? Better race to the front of this line and cut someone off!"

Only place I have seen no passing signs is once you hit the exit from Henday to hwy 16 east. And then Again from Hwy 16 west onto Henday. And that's all because it cuts down to one lane in those areas.

VTAKLOL
March 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Bingo on all points^

Scarrumba
March 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
The signs I was referring to were at the Calgary Trail/111th areas where they were patching it up last summer.

Viktimize
March 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM
The signs I was referring to were at the Calgary Trail/111th areas where they were patching it up last summer.

That's completely irrelevant to the area being discussed in this thread...................????

Scarrumba
March 27th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Completely irrelevant to the topic of people ignoring signs and driving like douchebags... Yes. How silly of me.
Go die in a fire.

janz3n
March 28th, 2013, 05:21 PM
reading 90% of 780 threads hurt my brain. why is everyone so right?

Victorious Secret
March 28th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I came across this just a few minutes ago.

Would this be the douchebag in an Aristo you were speaking of?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vWkxAD5b9LU/UVT0OOMO3eI/AAAAAAAAUJo/te8YWvgb1HE/s1597/photo+2.JPG

EDISKRAD EHT
March 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM
And look who's parked in front of him. Lol

jtran1993
March 28th, 2013, 09:41 PM
looks like vick's

HLVW Wrecker
March 28th, 2013, 11:15 PM
used-to be vick's

sil_eighty
March 30th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I came across this just a few minutes ago.

Would this be the douchebag in an Aristo you were speaking of?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vWkxAD5b9LU/UVT0OOMO3eI/AAAAAAAAUJo/te8YWvgb1HE/s1597/photo+2.JPG

I believe it was a silver one...