View Full Version : Pod/Gauges

Darkrid3r
April 19th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Anyone done a pod and gague install?

I have 3 to go in my Mazda
Oil Pressure
Voltage
Fuel/Air

Anyone done it, i booked @ matrix but they aint got room till the 4th of May.

Anyone wana do it sooner?

Dark

AstroBoy_2004
April 19th, 2004, 12:52 PM
it easy to install those gauges... what brand are they? Autometer's are extremely easy.. is the oil pressure electrical, if so even easier... Just follow the instruction, its pretty basic stuff...

Transporter
April 19th, 2004, 02:03 PM
bring to fulblown Motorsports you can probably get it done before tomorrow..or wednesday

number to call 953 5674..

Rahul

BZZRTN
April 19th, 2004, 03:09 PM
wally give me a call
i got the guy that installed my pod in the pt

Darkrid3r
April 19th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Jay,

I need the pod painted gray or have the other side painted black, I will stop in on the way to work tomorow.

You talking about the guy across the street? I want to be fully involved in the work. Pictures and doing the actual work itself. I want to know how tis done and where to conect the shitz to.

Dark

Darkrid3r
April 19th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Did i mention that I dont want to pay 85 bucks an hour for the install :)

Its time consuming, so im told.

D

Xcessive
April 20th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Before we were Fulblown Motorsports all we did was gauges....give me a call and I can help you out....and no ludicris $$/hour.... you can be involved in the work too.

I have gauges at near give away prices too.

We specialize in gauge installations for street and track.

Thanks

Joshua

Darkrid3r
April 20th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Josh,

I pmed you.
But i want to still talk with Jay first, I need the pod painted proly.

Dark

JeffZ28
April 20th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Darkrid3r

Oil Pressure
Voltage
Fuel/Air

Why did you pick those three from all the other gauges out there?, dont take it the wrong way, I'm jsut asking.

Also, they are so easy to hook up, save yourself some money and do it in your garage with a buddy.

Also I would hook them up to your dimmer aswell, cause as night they can be real bright being at eye level and so close to where you are looking.

SilverZ24
April 20th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by JeffZ28
Also I would hook them up to your dimmer aswell, cause as night they can be real bright being at eye level and so close to where you are looking.

Funny you mention that because I tried that very thing for that very reason and for some reason, in my car, as soon as you splice into the dash lights with the gauges, my dash lights stop working. Only the gauges would light up but you would have to turn the dimmer to the lowest setting to get the gauges to go bright and vise versa. Very wierd. :blink:

JeffZ28
April 21st, 2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by SilverZ24
Funny you mention that because I tried that very thing for that very reason and for some reason, in my car, as soon as you splice into the dash lights with the gauges, my dash lights stop working. Only the gauges would light up but you would have to turn the dimmer to the lowest setting to get the gauges to go bright and vise versa. Very wierd. :blink:

wire it backwards?
I've never heard of that befor...???

Darkrid3r
April 21st, 2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by JeffZ28
Why did you pick those three from all the other gauges out there?, dont take it the wrong way, I'm jsut asking.

Also, they are so easy to hook up, save yourself some money and do it in your garage with a buddy.

Jeff, I actualy wanted to monitor voltage from my batt and from the alternator. I was told by 2 sources that it could NOT be done. SO i went to matrix motorsports and talked with Lee. He sugested the ones above as the mods im doing in the near future will benifit the above gagues.
I also got a 3 gague pod and did not want blank spaces as they dont make nice caps to put in them as a "finishing touch" I guess they expect people to fill them up.

Did I also mention that I have no clue what so ever on how to hook them up. Hell I dont even know what tools I would need and what meterials.

Why what would you have sugested for gagues?

Dark

JeffZ28
April 21st, 2004, 01:13 PM

Why what would you have sugested for gagues?

Dark

What are you plans?

I'm from the group that thinking knowing your voltage is useless, even with a stereo, either its getting enough power or not, knowing so doesnt really change anything does it?

oil pressure, ok thats a good one, theres some use in it, providing you look at it (buddy has one, and when it went to 0 he thought it broke and didnt do anything, turned out the pump shaft broke, cost him an engine)

a/f on a NA no funny gas its useless, moreso if your not even carb, on FI it has a good use, again providing you know what to do with it and that you look at it.

but what your plans are has bearing on what gauges are good.

if you are going FI, then a/f (or I prefer a pyro meter, its easire to keep an eye of) and fuel presure (expensive to bring into the car though) and water temp (unless your car already has one stock) then if your an auto a tranny temp gauge is always a good idea.

Darkrid3r
April 22nd, 2004, 08:24 AM
JeffZ28,

Im looking at the following mods by the end of the summer.

Compleation of the hyper wire ground kit.
CAI
Exhaust
Springs,

If i have extra cash i might skip springs and go Turbo/inter cooler.
if thats the right combo hahaha. IM A CAR NEWBIE.
Body kit,
Grill changes,
spark plugs,
wires,
blah blah.

Bang for the buck, hard to say.

I can bull shit my way through but hummmm.....No clue.
I kan't even spel kar! let alone work on one. Now give me a computer and a VCR and let me tell you, you clock will be dam accurate!:D

Sure i can say yes this is the air intake, air res, oil dip, etc. but hey when it comes to the actual nuts and bolts, :mad:

I'm learning, but its going to take time.

JeffZ28
April 22nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
JeffZ28,

Im looking at the following mods by the end of the summer.

Compleation of the hyper wire ground kit.
CAI
Exhaust
Springs,

If i have extra cash i might skip springs and go Turbo/inter cooler.
if thats the right combo hahaha. IM A CAR NEWBIE.
Body kit,
Grill changes,
spark plugs,
wires,
blah blah.

Bang for the buck, hard to say.

Well the difference between springs and a turbo with a FMIC is like 3500 +,

Dont ever let someone tell you that you will gain power from plugs and wires, they are blowing smoke up your ass, they are a maintenance item, and with a 02 I see no reason that anything would be wrong with them already.

IMO all three of your gauges are jsut "they looked cool" and have no real purpose for your aplication unless you get the turbo, then get a boost, a pyrometer, and an oil pressure or water temp (but if your car has that stock I wouldnt worry about that)

Also and FYI, when you do high rate lowering springs they will wear out your stock shocks/struts really fast, and will not give a very good ride.

Darkrid3r
April 22nd, 2004, 01:22 PM
See now these are the little things that no one mentions :)
But I have hurd that they will wear the stocks out quickly.

Its all good i guess.
Perhaps less bling and more zing eh?

CAI will most likely be my next target, however gagues mean little. Perhaps the fule/air one might change :D

Voltage is important to me, If it drops below a certin point i wont jam the stereo. Or am i wasting my time.
I do agree it either has power or it dont. Perhaps i should hold off the CAI and pickup my new alternator from blaine at prodrag.

Dark

JeffZ28
April 22nd, 2004, 05:11 PM
See now these are the little things that no one mentions :)
But I have hurd that they will wear the stocks out quickly.

Its all good i guess.
Perhaps less bling and more zing eh?

CAI will most likely be my next target, however gagues mean little. Perhaps the fule/air one might change :D

Voltage is important to me, If it drops below a certin point i wont jam the stereo. Or am i wasting my time.
I do agree it either has power or it dont. Perhaps i should hold off the CAI and pickup my new alternator from blaine at prodrag.

Dark

These are things that should be asked.

Have you bought the gauges already? if you have I wouldnt worry about it, jsut break out the instructions and learn a bit and install them yourself.

CAI if your going turbo I wouldnt worry about it right now, cause the turbo one would be different anyways.

With the a/f gauge it always bounces around, so at least it will be kidna entertaining.

Darkrid3r
April 22nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Jeff,

Yup already purchased the gagues. To bad tho, live and learn hehe.

I could do the install myself but have no clue where to start. I was going to do it this saturday but am unure now because i might still have to work.

You intersted in helping me out?
If i dont go to fullblown and get it done with Joshua.

Dark