PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Guys with class 6

sajosh
May 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I just recently bought a bike and I want to practice riding it before taking my road test. So if anyone wants to ride with me during the weekend let me know.
Thanks

easy16v
May 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'd recommend taking a motorcycle course.
Just riding and thinking you can pass is not enough for the road. Not saying you're not a fantastic rider and had years on a MX, or mountain biking freestyle... But there are things that an qualified instructor can teach you that cannot be replicated by cruising with bros from 780.

ChuckNorrisKicksAss
May 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
The road course test is easy, but I still recommend taking the course.

I'd probably be down for a ride the weekend, depending on my work schedule.

theamsoilguy
May 13th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Ive been riding almost 30 years, the course is a must, but also riding with someone who will talk to you about where in your lane to be under what conditions and things like that is really important also. I might be able to go for a ride on the weekend for a bit.
Al

4thGenLude
May 13th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Don't mean to play devil's advocate, but I don't think the course is really necessary. Depends how smart you are though.

sajosh
May 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I'm taking the course mid June regardless but Id like to get my license before that.

shortie
May 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I am a total noob. Just finished my course and will probably be taking my test in June after some street experience.
To me the course was absolutely imperative, since I had never in my life been on a bike or even a dirt bike. I would not have wanted to go riding without that. But if you were a dirt bike rider or have been on bikes before, then it probably wouldn't be completely necessary? But good nonetheless to pick up the good habits and not the bad.

DCRyan
May 14th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I have never touched a motorbike in my life before a month ago. Bought a gsxr600 and rode with friends to learn. Pretty simple to get the hang of it.

Mustard
May 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I'm taking the course mid June regardless but Id like to get my license before that.

Man... if I had a dollar for every time I've heard this, from a guy who then went on to crash his bike.

I'd have enough to buy a car.

Not a nice car... but a car.

nismomaniak
May 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
everyone crashes. everyone.

fast316
May 14th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I have never touched a motorbike in my life before a month ago. Bought a gsxr600 and rode with friends to learn. Pretty simple to get the hang of it.

Wow, good for you. You should still take a course. Like ppl have said on here before there are many lessons you can learn from proper instruction, lessons you won't get riding around with a bunch of friends.

Corey06
May 15th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Take the course! The guys at CTEC are wicked. They let you use their bike for the road test, and you can go back for refreshers at any time.

They'll teach you the basics and the stuff you actually need to know for the road -- anyone can ride in a straight line quickly, they'll teach you clutch slipping so you can control your bike 1-3 km/h without any issues.

Other than that, I'm always down to go for a ride.