PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Beauty at the track

Stardust
May 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
edited by OP

B*Town
May 15th, 2013, 09:01 AM
It's no baby blue lambo, but those are still pretty cool.

FiveQ
May 15th, 2013, 09:17 AM
It's no baby blue lambo, but those are still pretty cool.

This.

Lol

FiveQ
May 15th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Do you even lift, volvo boy? :)

Volvo boy? Okay that's new. At least I actually own it hahaha.

IRON MAN
May 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Saw this on henday last night

bung
May 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Saw this at South Edmonton Common last weekend

nismomaniak
May 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I work next door. I got to listen to it. Booo. I want to be out there.

fugu
May 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Oddly enough it's the one car at strato tech I paid zero attention too. Was fast for sure but compared to some of the other hardware out there and what it takes to drive those cars fast I cant pay attention to a car that thinks for you. Sorry.

chrenan
May 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Oddly enough it's the one car at strato tech I paid zero attention too. Was fast for sure but compared to some of the other hardware out there and what it takes to drive those cars fast I cant pay attention to a car that thinks for you. Sorry.

Brah? ...........................

FiveQ
May 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
:facepalm:

EM2FTL
May 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Imho thats the difference b/w a mechanic and an engineer. Quite opposite things make each to go "wow" :) See my sig? Thats huge "wow" in my books.

Not sure why you're singling him out as a mechanic.. you'll find similar sentiment amongst many driving enthusiasts.

The funniest thing about R35s is i've yet to see one actually driven well on track here in Alberta, and i've been on track with them several times now. I'd actually like to see what one could do at Laguna Strato or even Namao with a fast driver. I wasn't able to make it out last night though, what kind of times did that one put down?

raceready68
May 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Yawn I was expecting something cool.

Fizz
May 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Sooooo what time did it lap?

Brah? ...........................

If we put M3 badges on this Nissan maybe it would get its shit together.

L8ApexRE
May 15th, 2013, 11:46 PM
It's not the first r35 at a speedway event. The first one actually had its brakes done right before the event. I remember standing at pit out thinking is that guy cleaning the brake dust off his wheels between runs ? Turns out they didn't tighten the bleeders fully. The car sprayed brake fluid all over the wheels and down the sides of the car... Epic fail.

B*Town
May 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
The car sprayed brake fluid all over the wheels and down the sides of the car... Epic fail.

Oh god.. that sucks.

apecush
May 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I wasn't able to make it out last night though, what kind of times did that one put down?

the fastest of the night...65.XXX

EM2FTL
May 16th, 2013, 09:03 AM

Not bad, right up there with the quicker STi and Evo drivers and Chris' LS1 FD. Was it on OEM tires?

chrenan
May 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Crap that's fast. Hate to tell the haters, but that all can't be car.

Perfect_Dark
May 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM

I believe that is Tom's GTR...he also auto-x's his STi and places consistantly near the top so it's definitely not all car.

rokubes
May 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah that's Tom. At ASA he's earned the moniker "f'kin Tom" for consistently getting FTD at every event.

R

zhao
May 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM

it can be like 95% car.

correct me if i'm wrong but that car isn't oem power. 65.99 is not impressive that car. GT-Rs with stock power have ran 62s from what i remember (cscc event).

And the car can most definitely account for a lot of that as long as the driver knows how to push the gas pedal to the floor on straights and use the brake pedal at the end of the straight. i've driven a car that wasn't even set up properly (random guesswork on the aero settings after we had the front cranked as high as possible for ground clearance making it understeer like crazy) before winter when the track was not warm, and did low 62s (and then promptly crashed it when I decided to start pushing it). but my point is, my warmup and cooldown laps were 64/65s without even slightly pushing it.

again, my FC with 150crank hp on 225 wide tires ran 68s. this thing with steam rollers and 4x+ the hp twice the brakes, and infinitely more drivers aids ran only 2-3 seconds faster, when on just hte back straight alone it will pull 3 seconds on my fc just from the power advantage, to say nothing of the other straights, or its extra corner grip it has, or advantage in braking? so are we to assume i am god on a track? and if thats the case, what do we say about people like conroy who can blow my doors off without any effort? he is god's god on the track? conroy actually ran 2 seconds faster then this gtr in his daily driver FD with probably half the hp on old yokohama street tires he found in his shed.

So ya, It kinda actually annoys me when people say omg 65, that means you're good no matter what cuz 65 is fast no matter what car you have!!! Which couldn't be further from the truth. Some cars should run 65.99 on their cooldown lap, like i said already.
If anyone wants to be impressed wiht a time, justin lewicke's time in his 944, that's far more impressive.

chris f
May 16th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Interesting facts. You left out that your FD is probably 2000lbs lighter. If you were comparing a mostly stock Evo X or. STI then I see where you're coming from.

zhao
May 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Fc, not fd. 2600-2700 pounds. Cut springs on oem suspension and 26 year old bushings. Ya that'll out handle a gtr...

chrenan
May 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
If anyone wants to be impressed wiht a time, justin lewicke's time in his 944, that's far more impressive.

Not to mention he did it while dealing with a shift linkage problem that left him without 2 gears for one session and needed to shift very slowly thereafter, was playing with damper settings during the evening and was running on an alignment I did by eye. Add to that he built the engine himself using barely anything more than a spark plug wrench and you have to be impressed, dude is made to go fast.

JustinL
May 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Add to that he built the engine himself using barely anything more than a spark plug wrench

LOL leave my spark plug wrench out of this! That thing is versatile.

chrenan
May 16th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I think the point is there's a car guy out enjoying his car, whatever it is, in an enthusiastic manner in a fun safe environment. Could be in a VW Bug or Bugatti, as long as he's having fun that's cool. To mere mortals his time is impressive.

apecush
May 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
it can be like 95% car.

correct me if i'm wrong but that car isn't oem power. 65.99 is not impressive that car. GT-Rs with stock power have ran 62s from what i remember (cscc event).

And the car can most definitely account for a lot of that as long as the driver knows how to push the gas pedal to the floor on straights and use the brake pedal at the end of the straight. i've driven a car that wasn't even set up properly (random guesswork on the aero settings after we had the front cranked as high as possible for ground clearance making it understeer like crazy) before winter when the track was not warm, and did low 62s (and then promptly crashed it when I decided to start pushing it). but my point is, my warmup and cooldown laps were 64/65s without even slightly pushing it.

again, my FC with 150crank hp on 225 wide tires ran 68s. this thing with steam rollers and 4x+ the hp twice the brakes, and infinitely more drivers aids ran only 2-3 seconds faster, when on just hte back straight alone it will pull 3 seconds on my fc just from the power advantage, to say nothing of the other straights, or its extra corner grip it has, or advantage in braking? so are we to assume i am god on a track? and if thats the case, what do we say about people like conroy who can blow my doors off without any effort? he is god's god on the track? conroy actually ran 2 seconds faster then this gtr in his daily driver FD with probably half the hp on old yokohama street tires he found in his shed.

So ya, It kinda actually annoys me when people say omg 65, that means you're good no matter what cuz 65 is fast no matter what car you have!!! Which couldn't be further from the truth. Some cars should run 65.99 on their cooldown lap, like i said already.

jeez, thanks for making me feel even slower...

chrenan
May 16th, 2013, 06:08 PM
jeez, thanks for making me feel even slower...

You're doing great. The M3 run group last night looked great. Courteous too. You guys are smashing stereotypes!