http://imageshack.us/a/img853/6741/stupidtruck2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/9485/stupidtruck1.jpg

Sideways
May 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
What the fuck is that on top of the roof? Solar power lol

Dieseldakota
May 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
What the fuck is that on top of the roof? Solar power lol

Its a wind deflector, you sometimes see them used with big holiday trailers, he obviously kept his on without the trailer.

Hawx
May 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM
So if he hit a deer and the deer made it up the hood, the glass and went flying up that wind deflector, I wonder how much air it would catch.

chris f
May 26th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I don't think there is a dozer around with a blade that small.

Mobius
May 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Yes, you are right, Chris. Bad choice of words on my part. I didn't mean a dozer blade.The blades of this size are used as a utility plow. Very convenient for small jobs, especially when dozer is not avail or long waiting times for it. Truck like that can handle some small plow jobs with those blades. If you ever own a piece of land outside the city, the blade is a must if you want to make it to the highway winter time. Affordable too. Something like that:

http://www.agricover.com/snowsport/hd/

(http://www.agricover.com/snowsport/hd/)

No, it isn't.

Its a wind deflector, you sometimes see them used with big holiday trailers, he obviously kept his on without the trailer.

This is correct. Another clue would be the hitch mount mud flaps, popular with guys who want to reduce the chance of rock chips on their trailer.

maximaj30
May 26th, 2013, 05:14 PM
i think that deflector deflects air above the trailer, otherwise air hitting the trailer on the highway creates alot of drag.

fugu
May 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Wow. I should make a thread calling out all the guys putting HID's on their street cars they rarely take on the highway. Or for their "racing" mods that they don't take to the track.

The truck is multipurpose. Tows a trailer and offroads, geez.

WhiteOut
May 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Yes, you are right, Chris. Bad choice of words on my part. I didn't mean a dozer blade.The blades of this size are used as a utility plow. Very convenient for small jobs, especially when dozer is not avail or long waiting times for it. Truck like that can handle some small plow jobs with those blades. If you ever own a piece of land outside the city, the blade is a must if you want to make it to the highway winter time. Affordable too. Something like that:

http://www.agricover.com/snowsport/hd/

(http://www.agricover.com/snowsport/hd/)

Please tell me this was some elaborate troll attempt and you seriously think none of this.

FiveQ
May 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM
When you see trucks like that its this stupid fucking "western attitude" so many people here have. Ill bet he's wearing boots and a cowboy hat too. Probably speaks with a fake southern accent too.

fitz01
May 26th, 2013, 07:24 PM
FiveQ, where are you from?

FiveQ
May 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I was born in Winnipeg but I lived in Ontario most of my life.

I find the average Albertan is no different from anyone else, but there's of course the scores of people who feel the need to be especially stereotypical.

MrPopular88
May 27th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I think the point of it is that it looks like a stupid, oversized, and oddly placed spoiler without the trailer. It's silly looking.

UberBricky
May 27th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Wow.

This thread is full of face palm.

Look! There is something I don't understand or have a clue what it's for! Better get on the internet and call it out fast!

xxx
May 27th, 2013, 11:08 AM
CB antennas are also a giveaway he probably pulls a lot. Doesn't stop it from looking goofy without the trailer though.

DividedByZero
May 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Maybe he was on his way to get his trailer? Holy fuck guys relax lol.

FiveQ
May 27th, 2013, 07:52 PM
This guy doesn't pull anything. He paid somebody to deck his truck out so he can feel like a hotshot

maximaj30
May 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
lol youve got a bigger hate of rig rockets than me

FiveQ
May 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
I love trucks. Trucks are functional, tough ,sometimes even show quality.

I take one look at this vehicle, and I don't see an ounce of any of those things.

Dieseldakota
May 28th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I love trucks. Trucks are functional, tough ,sometimes even show quality.

I take one look at this vehicle, and I don't see an ounce of any of those things.

Weird because everything on the truck could be considered functional. Wind diverter for a trailer, extra rock guards for a trailer, lights most likely because he does long road trips with.... You guessed it a trailer.
Stop being a douche

Mitchocalypse
May 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM
How functional is the lift?

chrenan
May 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Ummm, super functional to counter tiny dong syndrome.

Dieseldakota
May 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM

depends, on whether he uses it, it could be functional.

chris f
May 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I'm pretty sure moving your body and everything that connects the driveline to the frame further apart does not help the tow rating of the truck.

Dieseldakota
May 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I just looked again cause I wanted to see if it was a body or suspension lift. It barely even looks lifted. bigger wheels sure but look at the front its basically stock wheel clearance. I'm willing to bet he just threw an extra spring in the back to support a heavy trailer. thats why the back looks so high. Very common since some of the newer trucks are too soft in the rear for a heavy trailer.

maximaj30
May 28th, 2013, 07:33 PM
depends, on whether he uses it, it could be functional.

and half of Albertas lifted rig rockets see gravel roads at worst :lol:

Dieseldakota
May 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM
and half of Albertas lifted rig rockets see gravel roads at worst :lol:

How many of edmontons "race cars" see the track. What's your point?

Just because it doesn't fit within your interests everybody who does it must be dumbass stereotypical douchebags?

maximaj30
May 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM
you dont need a track for a suspension modified car to be functional, if youre going to drive a lifted F350 in the city theres no function except for being able to plow over potholes

Dieseldakota
May 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM
you dont need a track for a suspension modified car to be functional, if youre going to drive a lifted F350 in the city theres no function except for being able to plow over potholes

What about lowered cars that scrape?
Different people might like the look, doesn't reduce functionality nearly as much as lowered or cambered cars.

AudiInProgress
May 29th, 2013, 10:40 AM
People lower their cars for looks AND superior handling...

A jacked up truck is purely for looks, unless they're actually using that lift to clear obstacles.

Dieseldakota
May 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM
So mitchocalypse's old integra, that would regularly slow down to 20 in a 100 or 110 zone because there was a "bump". That was done for handling?
All the lowered cars who use a bunch of 2x4 ramps to get our of their driveways, they did it for handling? Even though they drive slower because if the posibility of scraping.

Hmmm weird

AudiInProgress
May 29th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I said lowered... Not slammed...

A vehicle sooooooooooo low that they might not even call it a vehicle... more of a lawn ornament... That's just as useless as a jacked up truck that never drives over anything.

Dieseldakota
May 29th, 2013, 11:51 AM
So every body who lowers their car not stupidly but realistically do it for handling? I doubt it I'd probably guess 95% do it for looks and dont give any fucks about handling.

I don't know anybody with stupid high lifts, but I know a few people with smaller ones do they can run bigger tires, and yes they use them offload

WhiteOut
May 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Guys, it belongs to Suladas. He needs the lift and bigger tires to carry around his massive sand filled vagina and broken shoulder.

Mitchocalypse
May 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM
If you have such a boner for rig rockets, why the hell did you buy and build an rx7?

You could have had a lifted pile of shit with 37 inch tires on it and could already have it on the highway like all the other bros.

For the record, suspension is the first mod people normally recommend because it has by far the best price to performance gain ratio out of any mod.
Oh and it looks cool

Dieseldakota
May 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Highest performance gains on the track maybe on the street I'm sure there are better ways to spend your money if you want to feel performance gains.

Who said I have a hard on for rig rockets? I started out liking diesel engines, and I still do. I just think its stupid that people are bad mouthing something just because it's not their taste? Especially when it's a truck like this that was obviously put together with function in mind.

AudiInProgress
May 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I just want to make it clear... I'm not hating.

I think modding ANY vehicle to the point where it becomes useless... Or modified to suit a purpose that it never gets used for... is pretty pointless.

Mitchocalypse
May 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Highest performance gains on the track maybe on the street I'm sure there are better ways to spend your money if you want to feel performance gains.

Who said I have a hard on for rig rockets? I started out liking diesel engines, and I still do. I just think its stupid that people are bad mouthing something just because it's not their taste? Especially when it's a truck like this that was obviously put together with function in mind.

I it's stupid to mad mouth stuff because it's not your taste,
Does that mean its also stupid for truck people to rip on anyone with a lowered car and label them all as ricers?
Or for you to rip on my car because it has a spoiler?
Or for you to make fun of my old car because it was low?

That seems hypocrititical..

Also, saying that lifted trucks are built with function in mind is complete bullshit. Im not going to go into anymore detail because it isn't needed.

Unless you're the 0.5% who goes offroad once in a while.. Zero function.

And unless you think you'll feel a 15 hp gain more than an awesome suspension setup, your first comment is completely off as well.

UberBricky
May 29th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I see very few lifted trucks with mud on them, ever. Hard parking rig rockets is all.

BrandonDSM
May 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ever stop to think they washed their truck after using it?

MaverickXeo
May 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Ever stop to think they washed their truck after using it?

Exactly... and mud isnt the only thing to go out and play with...

WhiteOut
May 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I see very few lifted trucks with mud on them, ever. Hard parking rig rockets is all.

Are you retarded?

The first stop I make when I get back in town is the car wash. Mud ruins paint, especially when it's left in the sun.

UberBricky
May 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Where I grew up you would wear mud like a badge, and used our trucks hard, not too worried about the paint, it was a bush truck. You're going to build a 4x4 and romp it expecting that to be good for the paint?

I guess I'm retarded. Or Nancy's, either way.

WhiteOut
May 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Heavily used and modified rigs don't NEED to be pieces of shit. They only get that way because their owner has no pride in what they drive and don't care enough to maintain it.

I have pinstripes, but why would I let mud sit on it and ruin otherwise good paint.