REDX2NV
April 29th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
Available at any of the local RICE distributors. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist! :p

You mean EZ-motorsports, right?

92_J
April 29th, 2004, 03:32 PM
uhhh!! cant stand seeing rice/slow cars with hood pins...do they expect to being goin fast enough to the extent that their hood flys off...

penance
April 29th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 92_J
uhhh!! cant stand seeing rice/slow cars with hood pins...do they expect to being goin fast enough to the extent that their hood flys off...
i agree
i bet if u could pull em over and pop the hood your reaction would be
"Oh!! Wow man, a CAI and some aftermarket colored peices........ SHIT MAN good thing you invested in the pins!!!"

arabian_ryda
April 29th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 92_J

this is the reson the import car scene is so dead in edmonton cause people except everyone who buys hood pins or body kits or whatever has to have a fully modifeid car to put them on. ohhhhh look he dosnt have 500hp why dos he have hood pins. oooh look that guy has meg but his car isnt lowered what a ricer. ooooh look that guy that has a cai on a slow car hes a ricer. if u want the scene to expand u need to give some leway. everyones so f*cking picky.:mad: im not flaming anyone. just expressing my opinion.

littledan
April 29th, 2004, 06:33 PM
i'm putting hood pins on my car. am i a ricer? i don't think so. i'm putting the pins on because the manufacturer recommends them. i've seen pics on honda-tech of cars whose hoods have flown up and smashed their windshield and roof. i think putting on some $30 hood pins is great insurance.

penance
April 29th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by arabian_ryda
this is the reson the import car scene is so dead in edmonton cause people except everyone who buys hood pins or body kits or whatever has to have a fully modifeid car to put them on. ohhhhh look he dosnt have 500hp why dos he have hood pins. oooh look that guy has meg but his car isnt lowered what a ricer. ooooh look that guy that has a cai on a slow car hes a ricer. if u want the scene to expand u need to give some leway. everyones so f*cking picky.:mad: im not flaming anyone. just expressing my opinion.
i see where your coming from, and i respect that. but they should have their priorities straight.
if u want a 'power' car, then build up the engine, mod the suspension, exhaust and so on. then throw on a set of pins.
if ur cars all 'show' then cool, if it looks 'show' throw the pins on. if its lookin stock and 'shows' what your after.... then kit it or put on new rims, whatever... first!!
just don't chuckem on a near stock car. (whoever started the thread.... if it isn't stock, then go ahead buddy put some on:bthumbup: )

if your going fast enuf that hood pins are a good investment. lemme know where your gonna be so i can stay hell away from your accident. :D

rd_man
April 29th, 2004, 07:07 PM
just so you brains know hood pins are not only useful at 500 miles and hour but if you have a CF hood it is not a bad idea to put them on, unless you dont minf your hood flying open on the highway

and how do you know his car doesnt go 500km/h:p

penance
April 29th, 2004, 08:29 PM
its a forum, so not to many ppl might know him personally. I figured he had a stock hood, since he never specified otherwise?? :dunno:
if its carbon fibre then ya i'd make sure i had them to, cause as far as i know they don't use the stock latching assembly.

REDX2NV
April 29th, 2004, 10:02 PM
read below...

REDX2NV
April 29th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by penance
its a forum, so not to many ppl might know him personally. I figured he had a stock hood, since he never specified otherwise?? :dunno:
if its carbon fibre then ya i'd make sure i had them to, cause as far as i know they don't use the stock latching assembly.

Stop talking now........

Carbon fibre hood utilize stock latching mechanism, unfortunately the lightweight hood matched with the factory latch isnt very supportive.

Yes, i also have hood pins. I fucking hate them, but when i didnt have my hood on, the fucker was shaking like hell and wanted to flip on me...

92_J
April 29th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by arabian_ryda

thats BS...hood pins are made for a reason...to keep your hood from flying off at HIGH speeds...

PDASTYCH
April 29th, 2004, 11:41 PM
OK... HOLD ON EVERYONE....MAn A guy asks a simple question and he gets spat at all over.. Thats not cool guys..Anywho just to clear things up. The hood is a new aftermarket fiberglass hood. I attached it normally and unfortunatly didn't notice that the latch was fucked and I shattered my windshield.. (i'll post a pic ) So thats why I want pins. Plus my car dosen't go 500 Km/h but I do work on improving the performance as well as the look. Im not a ricer. All I love is working on my car because thats what I truly like to do. So how about all you people who think you're hot shyt chattin it up on the Internet just chill and let people do what makes them happy...

PDASTYCH
April 29th, 2004, 11:52 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/474501/2

penance
April 30th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Carbon fibre hood utilize stock latching mechanism, unfortunately the lightweight hood matched with the factory latch isnt very supportive.maybe i wasn't making myself clear....... whatever who cares?

not sure why i phrased it that way, i know they attach like stock. what i meant is that they don't really use the stock latch up front.... the part that locks the hood closed. they do, but its saftey performance is poor compared to stock. thus the point of pins in CF.

Bottem line:
cf hood + pins = yes
stock hood + pins = waste of $$

SaabKraft
April 30th, 2004, 06:39 PM
i'm lucky my hood opens backwards :lol: