PDA

View Full Version : *New feature: Post thank you.

iAvery
November 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Added a new feature on the forum. At the bottom of each post you will now see a option to "thank a user". Please test this out.

If any errors/issues please post up in here. :thumbup:

Please don't abuse it or you will lose the ability to give thanks.

ChuckNorrisKicksAss
November 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
That's basically the same as the rep points.

iAvery
November 24th, 2013, 06:35 PM
That's basically the same as the rep points.

Yes / no. It takes away the negative aspect of it and shows publicly which user gave thanks.

GavintheGiant
November 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Initiate Initiate troll posts to see who gets the most thanks

iAvery
November 24th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Initiate troll ban :p

The nice thing about this new feature is I can remove specific users from having access to it.

ChuckNorrisKicksAss
November 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Initiate troll ban :p

The nice thing about this new feature is I can remove specific users from having access to it.

You are more than welcome to remove me from having access to it, as I only ever go on here in Mobile.

BrightWhite
November 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Doesn't work on mobile...

ChuckNorrisKicksAss
November 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM

Don't work on mine anyways.

iAvery
November 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM

Nope, that style is limited to minimum addons sadly. I'll see what I can do, no promises though. :p

fugu
November 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Great fast work on this one.! Any idea how hard it would be to install an autoban feature for when someone types in V6Mustang?

KLZCYA
November 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Just wanted to test mobile use; works fine for me.

beans333
November 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I want to be able to down vote

iAvery
November 25th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I want to be able to down vote

Working on a different feature similar to something like that, without having members abuse it like the rep system.

Thanks for the feedback though.

bossmangunit
November 25th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Why can't I give negative thanks? It's like you are giving us the option to pat people on the back and say good job but we don't have the option to backhand them across the face for being idiots.
This makes me sad

Can we have a feature to all hold hands and sing kumbaya?

iAvery
November 25th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Why can't I give negative thanks? It's like you are giving us the option to pat people on the back and say good job but we don't have the option to backhand them across the face for being idiots.
This makes me sad

Can we have a feature to all hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Again, something like this will be coming. As already discussed if you read the above post.

btw, I like your ninja edit to add the last sentence in. Not needed in this sub-forum as I was trying to make sure it works. But thank you for being the test subject in allowing me to remove your abilities to give thanks. :)

PM me if you'd like to have this option back.

bossmangunit
November 25th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Again, something like this will be coming. As already discussed if you read the above post.

btw, I like your ninja edit to add the last sentence in. Not needed in this sub-forum as I was trying to make sure it works. But thank you for being the test subject in allowing me to remove your abilities to give thanks. :)

PM me if you'd like to have this option back.

Lol I was mostly kidding, don't really care tbh though, you can leave it off. You could at least thank me once, I feel like a 3rd class citizen with 0 thanks :'(

iAvery
November 25th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks for your help in making sure it worked in removing your ability to like. :) ... i gave you a like for helping me.

It seems to be working 100%, if anybody has any problems with it please PM me.

(Thread closed)