PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Slingshot

krea.tion
July 28th, 2014, 04:55 PM
http://jalopnik.com/the-polaris-slingshot-is-your-amazing-new-three-wheeled-1611957460?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebo ok&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"Slingshot is a 3-wheeled motorcycle. It is not an automobile." :lol:

Still looks like mega fun, its like a 3 wheeled Atom or Xbow.

Macman
July 28th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't mind taking one for a demo ride, could potentially be a lot of fun.

krea.tion
July 28th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Agreed, I wonder how much it will cost..

Macman
July 28th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I think its just shy of 27K

krea.tion
July 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
That would actually be very reasonable if they can make it reliable.

Macman
July 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Will be interesting to see, I have a Polaris RZR XP1000 and it has a couple issues from the factory and polaris typically uses consumers as their R&D... I would wait until the second or third model year if I was to buy one.

krea.tion
July 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Totally agree, I would never jump on this until atleast the 3rd or 4th year.

Masked Bandit
July 31st, 2014, 10:58 AM
That thing looks like a blast to drive (ride?)! I wonder how long it will be before we actually see a few of them here in Canada?

Macman
July 31st, 2014, 11:42 AM
Normally once Polaris announces something it will roll out pretty quick. I foresee Riverside Motorsports in St. Albert bringing them in and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a demo day with them.

xCONCR3T3
January 21st, 2015, 07:26 PM
Finally seen something mentioned on fb about this. Looks fun. Sucks its classified as a bike tho.

SilverNeonRacer
January 21st, 2015, 07:55 PM
All I know is there were two at the bike show

Danger
January 21st, 2015, 08:13 PM
Cycle works west has them. They drew a big crowd at the bike show but I don't know. If it had 4 wheels I would like it more. I've never been a fan of these things. The last one had some sort of dinosaur name or some crap.

xCONCR3T3
January 21st, 2015, 11:40 PM
I've never been on those spyders but I'm curious how the balance would be on this thing. I feel like if the back wheel took a pothole I might tip

stybscelica
January 28th, 2015, 11:44 AM
I had a pretty serious look at these, Sat in it, talked to people that demo'd it, One big problem. A semi wheel is taller than you are sitting in it.. You are seat belted in and in a collision rear end, front or left turn, be prepared to be pinned underneath anything that hits you.... I for see a ban as soon as someone is killed by being driven over.

Slow Cruiser
January 28th, 2015, 12:31 PM
There is a reason why these are classified as a bike. Less restrictions / safety to deal with. Look up a Morgan 3wheeler, same thing and that has bin around since early 1910s i think.

AudiInProgress
January 28th, 2015, 02:00 PM
You guys are kidding right?

I'm so sick of all these goddamn trikes. So fucking lame.

Buy a car. Or a bike. Not some vehicular hermaphrodite.

This is one scenario where you should NOT be able to have your cake and eat it too.

Trikes are dangerous. That's why they stopped making them. I don't care about the wheel configuration.

And $30K? No thanks. I'll buy a motorcycle and a car. Or two motorcycles.

Just... Ugh.

Frostflowz
January 28th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Polaris junk

Danger
January 28th, 2015, 05:25 PM
You guys are kidding right?

I'm so sick of all these goddamn trikes. So fucking lame.

Buy a car. Or a bike. Not some vehicular hermaphrodite.

And $30K? No thanks. I'll buy a motorcycle and a car. Or two motorcycles.

Just... Ugh.

If i could like this 700 times I would.

04V10
January 28th, 2015, 10:53 PM
That thing isnt even I the same realm as a ktm crossbow or an atom. Motor is too weak for any "real" fun, plus its belt driven... you cant even compare it to the campagna t-rex. However, for someone with a disabling issue and cant ride anymore, this is a good way to getting back on the road with the bikes.

not my cup of tea though.

befarrer
January 29th, 2015, 04:25 PM
That thing isnt even I the same realm as a ktm crossbow or an atom. Motor is too weak for any "real" fun, plus its belt driven... you cant even compare it to the campagna t-rex. However, for someone with a disabling issue and cant ride anymore, this is a good way to getting back on the road with the bikes.

not my cup of tea though.

Except it has a steering wheel, dash board, and hood.

Danger
January 31st, 2015, 07:11 PM
Except it has a steering wheel, dash board, and hood.

And good luck getting out of it your disabled in any way. A can am is better for that. This thing is ass on the ground.