PDA

View Full Version : Certified Radio Sale Comments

RSN CRX
June 11th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Hey i was just wondering what everyone thought of the sale and if they got some good deals. It wasn't too bad overall...too much clarion stuff though and i was hoping to see some alpine. they also should have let in bigger groups of people cuz i was like there before the doors even opened and it took me an hour to get in cuz they were doing like the one person out=one person in thing.

Peace

is300 fanatic
June 11th, 2004, 10:44 PM
My buddies have gotten deals from them, I don't have the exact details, but you really need to do your research before going in to talk to them. Make sure you know all the prices around town so you can actually tell if they are giving you a good deal at all. I tried to get a car starter package for my car when I first got it, but they wouldn't touch my car. They weren't comfortable installing it because of the complexity of my car's electrical system since it was new to the market back then...

Dopey88
June 11th, 2004, 11:06 PM
When did you try to get your is300 done??? And who said we would not do it??? We have done quite a few of them.

Ralphie

is300 fanatic
June 11th, 2004, 11:10 PM
It was when bought it in 2001. I even asked Quinn and they wouldn't touch it either... No biggie, the car was new to the market and there weren't many people who have installed starters on them yet. It's different now, everyone out there is willing now :)

energie
June 11th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Thats just like my vw, nobody wants to touch or have anything to do with the electrical systems...anyways the sale was good, it's nice to have some of these events happen every so often.

quiksilver
June 12th, 2004, 12:38 AM
meh i waited for about n hour or so outside to get in, but i was pretty damn empressed with the PG car, that was crazy when he was testing it out... but i was into looking at screens and stuff n didn't find any good deals with those...

98 teg
June 12th, 2004, 03:21 AM
any deals on tires

RSN CRX
June 12th, 2004, 05:56 PM
i didnt check out the tires but like most of their motegi rims were between 20-40 dollars off per rim.

stealth
June 12th, 2004, 07:46 PM
i got rims there.

alot of clarion stuff.

good deals on systems.

98 teg
June 13th, 2004, 03:01 AM
checked out the tires and well found a shop that would match the online store and it was cheaper than tirewharehouse... go figure that shit out. good deals on rims thought but the tires they give well gotta cut some where.

but then I look around for deals any ways cause I hate paying more for stuff than iits actually worth.

Batgirl
June 13th, 2004, 05:11 AM
What are you talking about on the touch screens deals, the clarion one was $1299, if you looked in the paper you would've seen that A & B had it on sale for $1999, how much more do you want. Plus if you had done more research you would've known that the Pioneer and Panasonic in dash were way lower to. So unless your buying some poor guys stolen gear I don't know where your getting your stuff, maybe you should share with the rest of us.
Batgirl

Hot_Wheelz
June 13th, 2004, 06:18 AM
I agree, the deals in there were AWSOME, and even tho the PG car looked []D[][]\/[][]D it didnt stand a chance aganst that Volvo with the 2 dub7's .. that car was insane loud! but then again Dub7's pound pretty fuckin hard!

The Pioneer guy was pretty nice to me as everything in my car is pioneer... had a good deal on Components but im so low on cash right now i still couldnt afford the ones i really wanted.. but whatever ill pick up some up later when i really need them..

Dopey88 Say thanks to your assistant manager for me, i can't wait to bring my car in and see what kinda SPL it can push..

bigmack000
June 13th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Batgirl
What are you talking about on the touch screens deals, the clarion one was $1299, if you looked in the paper you would've seen that A & B had it on sale for $1999, how much more do you want. Plus if you had done more research you would've known that the Pioneer and Panasonic in dash were way lower to. So unless your buying some poor guys stolen gear I don't know where your getting your stuff, maybe you should share with the rest of us.
Batgirl
yeah your totaly right thats a killer deal.

do you live in st.a? i swear i was drivng beside you a week or 2 ago
joel

quiksilver
June 13th, 2004, 10:07 AM
batgirl if u were talking to me, don't get me wrong that clarion was a kiler deal, but i was looking at just screens, like a 5" screen or so for a couple hundred

dogstar
June 13th, 2004, 02:50 PM
i had a lotta fun... wasnt really in the budget to buy anything, although i was looking pretty hard at some tires and a nice 4 channel clarion.

im pretty unimpressed that the clarion demo board wasnt working.
you guys lost a sale with my brother over that one, but nothings perfect and a wire could have easily come loose while it was being moved, so whatever, shit happens.

hmm, found a great deal on some falken ziex, even in my cars size, for $49 bucks, i was tempted, very tempted.

good sale, have it again next year
:)

SplineZ
June 13th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I was sooo tempted to burn up my plastic there..

there were a bunch of nice wheels and tires.. plus a PG titanium 600.2 amp that I really really wanted..

too bad im so broke :)

btw, did anyone see that HUGE ass pioneer sub? that 12" thing weighed more than my fuckin tv! I originally thought the JL w7 was huge... damn, it aint got nuthin.

James Z

SilverZ24
June 14th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I noticed a few good deals and it was nice to see alot of product in one place.

But... overall I think it was just a bunch of exaggerated regular prices and sales prices you can get almost anywhere anytime. For instance, some of the JL Audio speakers that looked deeply discounted were actually the exact same price that FX Audio has them marked on their sound boards in the store. So no savings there.

And tire warehouse seemed even worse. I was looking the other week at Fastech for some new wheels and I got a price from them and sure enough, they had the exact same ones at the sale, and they were about 40% off according to the sticker, but the price was actually $1 more than I was quoted at Fastech.

Some prices did seem good (and the door crashers on the first page of the flyer were obviously good), but I'm not overly familiar with some of the product so maybe it wasn't either.

I do think though that Certified Radio should basically build a store the same size as the sale and set up similarly.

tim
June 14th, 2004, 03:11 PM
i got 18 riax rims and tires for a grand. not a bad deal but wish they had some nicer rims on for a good deal. line outside was too long!!!!;)

tim
June 14th, 2004, 03:17 PM
just wondering if it was stealth that got the rims for his car had two in the trunk two in the front seat and no place for the little guy with him? :p

Spyder
June 15th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Fastech may be cheaper, but you get what you pay for. I purchased a set of rims from them 2 years ago. Called most konig dealers in the city and Westend Fastech was the cheapest. However, they sold me rims that I am pretty sure had been used. The 18 yo lackeys who put them on my car broke 3 lug caps. It took them 4 months to replace them and they only replaced two of the caps. At one point I wasn't to sure if the rims were even Konigs, I thought they might be some eagles with Konig stickers.

Like I said you get what you pay for with Fastech (westend).

SilverZ24
June 15th, 2004, 02:13 PM
While I haven't been to the westend one before, my last 2 sets of wheels and tires have been from the southside store and I have had no problems.

stealth
June 16th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by tim
just wondering if it was stealth that got the rims for his car had two in the trunk two in the front seat and no place for the little guy with him? :p

haha that was me!

ended moving down a bit, then thought hey i can fit them behind the back seat, one in the trunk and one on my brothers lap lol.

Sam:bthumbup:

quiksilver
June 18th, 2004, 02:36 AM
ya i got their like 5 mins b4 stealth pulled up, me n my friend were saying u should have put the little guy in the trunk then the tires inside hehe

stealth
June 23rd, 2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by quiksilver
ya i got their like 5 mins b4 stealth pulled up, me n my friend were saying u should have put the little guy in the trunk then the tires inside hehe

lol i tried scaring him by saying ill pick him up later :p