PDA

View Full Version : R6 Insurance

Ae86edm
June 19th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Hi there im just wondering if there is anyplace in edmonton that does monthly payments on insurance for bikes? and what you think insurance will be for a new class 6 driver with a 2004 r6?

Flex
June 19th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Most places will do monthly payments on your insurance. Some even have a pay as you go plan its called where they divide the payments over the months you ride so your not paying for 12 months.

Im guessing you will be around the $1500 - $2000 range for full coverage.

Ae86edm
June 19th, 2004, 11:21 PM
wow thanks for the response I cant wait to get my bike on the road... next week :)

Seks
June 20th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Flex
Most places will do monthly payments on your insurance. Some even have a pay as you go plan its called where they divide the payments over the months you ride so your not paying for 12 months.

Im guessing you will be around the $1500 - $2000 range for full coverage.

I'm really curious which broker/insurance company will let you pay monthly and also let you drop the insurance when you're storing the bike for the winter.

I've seriously called 25+ insurance companies/brokers and ALL require you pay the yearly premium in full, regardless of how many months of the yr your bike's gonna be on the road. Most will need you to pay the full premium up front while there are the odd ones that will divide it into 2-3 payments.

Mind you, I'm speaking from my point of view of being a 1st yr rider and owner and have full coverage.

Flex
June 20th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Primmum will let you make monthly payments, AMA will let you make monthly payments, drayden insurance will let you make monthly payments.....Meloche monnex will let you pay as you ride, they divide your payments up over the months you ride instead of the whole year.

should I go on???????????...............;)

Flex
June 20th, 2004, 08:14 PM
so there are a few out there.....just gotta look a little harder.

Seks
June 20th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Flex
Primmum will let you make monthly payments, AMA will let you make monthly payments, drayden insurance will let you make monthly payments.....Meloche monnex will let you pay as you ride, they divide your payments up over the months you ride instead of the whole year.

should I go on???????????...............;)

Primmum and Monnex are the same. Maybe because I'm not an alumni that I can't get the monthly payments plan cuz I did speak to them.

AMA will not take me in unless I have a car insured with them. They want too much for my car.

I called Drayden and they said pay all in full :confused:

I wonder if different agents are telling every customer different story? :confused:

Ae86edm
June 20th, 2004, 08:42 PM
yea i think flex is right about premium being monthly cause i have been told that by 2 different people either way I still cant wait to get my bike on the road :), btw do you guys have bikes? if so what kind

Flex
June 20th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Primmum and Meloche are sister companys but they keep things seperate. Like Primmum will ensure sportbikes but Meloche won't.

I ride a CBR 929 and it is with AMA right now, but am probably going to have to move it in the neww year as I dont have my vehicles their anymore, and I pay monthly there.

My girlfriend rides a Ninja 250 and it is insured with meloche monnex (because its so small they dont class it a sportbike) and we are on the pay as you ride plan. We make the payments for 7 months instead of 12

Seks
June 21st, 2004, 12:06 PM
Called Primmus. They want $1885 for full coverage and the bike has to have an alarm installed professionaly with proof of receipt. That's more than double of the $904 full coverage that I have right now for insurance.