PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Speed Shop Needed!

Xx D-MAN xX
October 16th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Okay, I'm new to Edmonton and have been looking for a good speed shop to give all my business too.

I've already dealt with Matrix Motorsports and have been disappointed overall. I've also dealt with JB's but their prices seem expensive to me. I would really like to deal with a shop in Edmonton rather than going to Calgary or doing the whole mail order thing.

I was wondering where I can purchase all of my performance parts for my 2001 honda prelude? I'm looking for a place with competitive pricing, good customer service and knowledgable staff.

Also, where do people take their rides to get installs done? I know about Tunerworks in Calgary but I'm looking for a place in town. Has anyone had an install done at Matrix Motorsports? If so, how was your overall experience?

cflude
October 16th, 2002, 12:08 PM
what kind of stuff are you looking for?

Xx D-MAN xX
October 16th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cflude@Oct 16 2002, 12:08 PM
what kind of stuff are you looking for?
Well, I'm hoping that Santa will bring me a big bag of cash so that I can get the following items next spring:

1) AEM CAI
2) Header
3) GReddy Evo or Apexi N1 Exhaust
4) Apexi VAFC
5) ST Rear Sway Bar
6) Koni Neuspeed Edition Shocks
7) H&R Springs
8) Tires - Toyo or Yokahama
9) Misc - Spoon Oil Cap, Spoon Rad Cap, Spoon Resevior Covers, Cusco Oil Catch Can, Racing Pedals, Assorted Signal & Head Light Bulbs, Etc.....

h22civic
October 16th, 2002, 12:42 PM
All of Matrix's install is done by the dealership.....Mayfield Toyota. If you have faith that the dealership mechanics can install specialty items then I would say O.K. Anything like v-afc's I don't know if I would go there. Unfortunately there are very few if any shops in town I would trust. I do all my work myself....then I know what has been done to my car......instead of letting someone else fool with my ride.

fly_rice
October 16th, 2002, 01:26 PM
True true Edmonton needs a shop with MECHANICS a few shops in the city care only about ur money not quality of the work they do. I've seen too many hack jobs, cars caught on fire, and engines blowing up

Xx D-MAN xX
October 16th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by fly_rice@Oct 16 2002, 01:26 PM
True true Edmonton needs a shop with MECHANICS a few shops in the city care only about ur money not quality of the work they do. I've seen too many hack jobs, cars caught on fire, and engines blowing up
Well, firstly I would like to know where I can buy my performance parts before I think about taking my car anywhere.

ManHunter
October 16th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by h22civic@Oct 16 2002, 12:42 PM
All of Matrix's install is done by the dealership.....Mayfield Toyota. If you have faith that the dealership mechanics can install specialty items then I would say O.K. Anything like v-afc's I don't know if I would go there. Unfortunately there are very few if any shops in town I would trust. I do all my work myself....then I know what has been done to my car......instead of letting someone else fool with my ride.
Err... actually, a lot of Matrix's installs are done by steve at midas 75th & 65av. He can install your whole list.

But where to get the stuff from... I don't know. I haven't had too much luck with any shop so far getting stuff on time, with a good price.

MH

Cyanide Ride
October 16th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Anyone try Extreme Velocity yet?.

Freddies got a pari of mechanics in the shop...

9807 - 47Ave.
its about a block east of tire warehouse on 99 Street.

(780)989-8852 and the fax is (780)989-8895

I just haven't had time to run out there yet :(

Bimmer
October 16th, 2002, 02:38 PM
His site is hosted on my servers, but it's not up yet. It's being designed by another company, you can check it out when it's up.

Scintillater
October 16th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Go to Extreme Velocity. They're good guys there, good quality, and prices i heard are very competitive. THey're doing my car.

Xx D-MAN xX
October 16th, 2002, 03:42 PM
ManHunter! If you don't mind me asking, where have you bought all of your performance parts from?

h22civic
October 16th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Manhunter,
I guess I should have not assumed that Mayfield Toyota did all the work....but it seemed every time I was around and someone asked about install , Dieter said he had to check with the service side of the dealership to see if they could do it. Maybe the dealership got too busy to handle the extra load and they decided to find another source for installation help. I was unaware. :)

FOCUSFOOL
October 16th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Please don't get me wrong but if you want the best price, service and delivery's on time you'd better move to cali and deal with the small shop around the coner to the AEM warehouse! Most guys that give a shit about there rides in this city do it there selves or only let people they trust do the work. You can't trust a guy or gal at at shop counter to do the best possible job for you just because youre you. Yes it sould be expected but it dosen't happen. If you want the best price then buy the part from the guy with the best price. If you want sevice you can trust and will will be done right then ask as many people as you can one question. " who can i trust to work on my car and do a good job?" Some of the smartest people i have seen over the years will bring you a few shit jobs on there beater so that they can get the feel for you. We have made some of our closest friends from our customers, but that sucks then you feel guitiy taking money from them to fix there car. :bigthumbup:

ManHunter
October 16th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Xx D-MAN xX@Oct 16 2002, 03:42 PM
ManHunter! If you don't mind me asking, where have you bought all of your performance parts from?
I haven't had the time to check out Extreme Velocity yet. I should do that soon. :)

I got my parts from all over. The first parts I got for my car (air intake, wheels, tires, body kit, turbo) were from Treshold Racing which doesn't exist anymore. I got stuff from EZ, Racing Direction, Street Gear, JB's, Warehouse Services, the Internet.

None of them wowed me enough to stick with them.

MH

Cyanide Ride
October 17th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Well that's just it though, noone can really hold my attention so far...

Each company has a good relationship with atleast 2 or three manufacturers and most shops never have the same good sources.

I dunno, maybe that's why some places get stuff faster than others... It's a mix of pricing, availability, and how patient you are.

Hey Scin, so you bought a car huh?, what are you doing to it?... :0

RF134A
October 17th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Just remember: ANY car + NOS + heater + 12V constant = BAD!

http://www.dragracing.com/phx/photos/2002-10-03/images/story03.jpg

:o :o Don't let this happen to you! :D

Blaine B.
October 17th, 2002, 10:45 PM
I humbly invite you to give Pro Drag Performance a call at 443-3575 and talk to Blaine.

Pro Drag has come under new ownership/management and they are looking for a few good customers. :bigthumbup:

Mark Seto
October 18th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Interesting PearlyWhiteTSI,

Tell us more about these changes...

Blaine B.
October 18th, 2002, 01:55 AM
Pro Drag Performance Inc, located at 10031 - 167 St. has come under new management/ownership, namely, ME!:D

With the change in management/ownership comes a new attitude and commitment to customer service. No more "my hands are tied" or anything like that, I am in total control of the business. :bigthumbup:

We are committed to rebuilding our reputation around customer satisfaction by supplying parts and installation in a timely manner at competitive prices. B)

Feel free to swing by the shop before we remodel and check out our renovation sale prices on everything in stock. Don't be shy of Onyx the scorpion, he can't get out, and beside's, he thinks cricket's are more tasty than people. :)

Xx D-MAN xX
October 18th, 2002, 08:55 AM
So, when is this renovation sale going to be happening?

brandon
October 18th, 2002, 09:15 AM
PearlyWhiteTSI :bigthumbup:

Good to see a forum member who we know running the business. Most shops are too chicken to come onto these forums they get flamed immediately.

Good luck man, let us know when you have your grand opening.

Blaine B.
October 18th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Xx D-MAN xX@Oct 18 2002, 08:55 AM
So, when is this renovation sale going to be happening?
The sale is on right now on everything in stock!
We'd rather sell it than move it.

We hope to be finished remodeling by Christmas.

Thank you for the warm reception Brandon. :)

Mark Seto
October 18th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Congrats on your new endeavor PearlyWhiteTSI

Cyanide Ride
October 18th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Someone say sale?!, I'm there :)

Thumbs up on the promo PearlyWhite TSI :)

Xx D-MAN xX
October 18th, 2002, 02:52 PM
PearlyWhite TSI, Just a question. Will you be having special discounted pricing for club members such as V8less, Albertacars, etc.....?

It would be nice for myself to shop locally instead of buying my items from Toronto and getting them shipped here.

Xx D-MAN xX
October 18th, 2002, 02:53 PM
PearlyWhite TSI, Just a question. Will you be having special discounted pricing for club members such as V8less, Albertacars, etc.....?

It would be nice for myself to shop locally instead of buying my items from Toronto and getting them shipped here.

BTW, what kind of items are on sale?

Blaine B.
October 19th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Xx D-MAN xX@Oct 18 2002, 02:53 PM

BTW, what kind of items are on sale?
I'm sure we could work out something for "active" members of the clubs. Registration alone on the message boards wouldn't necessarily qualify you for discount pricing. Participation in V8less events as well as the total amount of parts you are buying would lead to discount pricing.

Quick list of in stock items:
AEM Tru Power Under Drive Pulley Kit
Apex-I AVC-R
Autometer Gauges, A/F, Monster Tach, Boost/Vac, Nitrous Press., Fuel Press.
DSM 1G B.O.V.
DSM 2G Exhaust Manifolds
DSM 1G Window Air Deflector
HK$ Super Sequential B.O.V. General Application Kit
Mechanix Gloves
Momo Steering Wheel Hub Kit
Momo Universal Seat Sliders
Raactive Hose Sleeving Kits
Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controllers.
Turbosmart Fuel Cut Defender
Turbosmart Progate Wastegates.
Turbo XS B.O.V.'s
Turbo XS Dual Stage Boost Controllers.
Turbo XS Racing Bypass Valve
Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley
Wings West Front Bumper for 88-91 Civic Hatchback
Xenon Bulbs 9006 & H4

Mark Seto
October 20th, 2002, 01:30 AM
I'm sure we could work out something for "active" members of the clubs. Registration alone on the message boards wouldn't necessarily qualify you for discount pricing. Participation in V8less events as well as the total amount of parts you are buying would lead to discount pricing.

:bigthumbup: :bigthumbup: :bigthumbup:

Not that I don't want everyone to get a good deal, we have to be fair to the vendors, and to those who actively support the events.

PearlyWhiteTSI, I'll leave it to your descretion.