PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint Poll

Xpnsve
August 19th, 2004, 08:39 AM
K, I'm going to start a poll on abtegs.com to see what the best location to get a paint job done in edmoton is... it's in addition to some other info polls I already got running...

but first I need your recommendations.!! :D

So...

Whats the best location to get your ride painted in Edmonton?

Transporter
August 19th, 2004, 08:56 AM
do a search this has been discussed 4 times now

TrevorK
August 19th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Xpnsve
K, I'm going to start a poll on abtegs.com to see what the best location to get a paint job done in edmoton is... it's in addition to some other info polls I already got running...

So...

It's easy. Go to a big car show. Find nice, nice jobs. Ask where they got done.

A lot of places that can be AMAZING paint jobs are unknown to almost all people.

Xpnsve
August 19th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Transporter
do a search this has been discussed 4 times now

You think I don't know that? I did search.

I kinda wanted CURRENT opinions... keep your comments to yourself if u want to be an :asshole:

Last time I checked, this place was a friendly forum.

:beer:

Insomniac
August 19th, 2004, 09:29 AM

So...

Best location? That's like asking "What is the best car?". What are you looking for? Quality, cost, value, etc...

RADRIDE
August 19th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Reflections Autobody in Edmonton painted my Rx-7. I think they did a wicked job. Buts thats my opinion. Talk to Gary or Blain and they will set you up.

R.K.

n0c7
August 19th, 2004, 05:27 PM
National Collision painted my eclipse in Calgary. Complete stripdown of the car, went back in one piece. Few dust particles throughout which is normal with any paintjob, and can be wetstanded out, but I like it. $6000

TrevorK
August 19th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by n0c7
National Collision painted my eclipse in Calgary. Complete stripdown of the car, went back in one piece. Few dust particles throughout which is normal with any paintjob, and can be wetstanded out, but I like it. $6000

If you're paying 6000 and there's no real bodywork involved there shouldn't be dust particles.

2k3Civic
August 19th, 2004, 11:07 PM
6000 is standard price for a good job with jams and pretty much anything visable changed to that color, we did turbomr2's mr2 for more then 6000 with no body work involved, stripped the car and put back into 1 piece, ask everyone whose seen it, it's mint.

n0c7
August 19th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Minor dings and scratches as any 95 would have, complete color change from black to red. And I believe as 2k3civic said, thats about the going price for a decent paintjob.

August 20th, 2004, 02:03 AM
how much would an exterior respray of the same colour cost approximately?

BZZRTN
August 20th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK
If you're paying 6000 and there's no real bodywork involved there shouldn't be dust particles.

hate to tell ya even factory has dust...it just needs wetsand and polish....almost everyone gets dust if you dont they usally got it fixed up b4 you came to get it.

TrevorK
August 20th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by BZZRTN
hate to tell ya even factory has dust...it just needs wetsand and polish....almost everyone gets dust if you dont they usally got it fixed up b4 you came to get it.

What I was getting at is for $6000 they should get rid of any imperfections in the paint.

TrevorK
August 20th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by 2k3Civic
6000 is standard price for a good job with jams and pretty much anything visable changed to that color, we did turbomr2's mr2 for more then 6000 with no body work involved, stripped the car and put back into 1 piece, ask everyone whose seen it, it's mint.

And that's 6000 with just normal paint (No House of Kolor or anything like that)?

Wow. Isn't that like 4000-5000 in labour then?

Transporter
August 20th, 2004, 08:48 AM
You think I don't know that? I did search.

I kinda wanted CURRENT opinions... keep your comments to yourself if u want to be an :asshole:

Last time I checked, this place was a friendly forum.

:beer:

you are a "dumbass' (since you are name calling) i was just stating to do a sereach to find your answer if u had posted in your first post that you had searched, then i wouldn't have said anything.

good look with this poll

Xpnsve
August 20th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys, I wasn't looking to pay 6 grand, maybe 2-3k :dunno:

I'll have to look around I guess.

n0c7
August 20th, 2004, 10:32 AM

I know Carmasters painted orangeteg's teg and its pretty clean. I'm not sure how much he paid though.

TrevorK
August 20th, 2004, 03:31 PM

http://immortaltk.tripod.com/talon.html

I did that for ~$300 in materials - I'm sure you can find an honest bodyman to do a decent job for 2-3000

Xpnsve
August 26th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Transporter
you are a "dumbass' (since you are name calling) i was just stating to do a sereach to find your answer if u had posted in your first post that you had searched, then i wouldn't have said anything.

good look with this poll

Your sad man :bthumbup: