PDA

View Full Version : Custom Decals?

Xx D-MAN xX
November 4th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Well, I want to get a custom back windshield sticker made for my 2001 honda prelude. I was wondering where I can get one made at a reasonable price?

All I have for info is a digital image I took from a small label and printed it out. I'm unsure if it can be scanned or not.

I contacted a place called Hot Plates & Signs at the west edmonton mall and they want $36 to do it. The sticker will only be 3 feet long by 6" high. That seems a little pricey to me.

Benny
November 4th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Decal Vinyl is expensive, I would expect to pay 20-30 depending on who you go though...there is a guy in Calgary that does alot of decals, and pretty reasonable...hes the one Selling that 99 white supercharged lude in the market place section.

Scintillater
November 4th, 2002, 02:45 PM
that is a reasonable price. Think of it this way...if you only have a digital image for someone, they have to vector the image, and depending on how complicated it is, it could take an hour or two of work. That alone in labor will be expensive. You know the little car stickers people buy in a pile of 100? you're looking at paying about $1 per custom made sticker that's only 4inches by 3 inches. Custom is expensive. You want cheaper, buy something common. Otherwise, that's the market today. :(

Xx D-MAN xX
November 4th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the check! I just didn't want to find out later that I got ripped off and that I could have got it done somewhere else for cheapier.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

siopao
November 4th, 2002, 05:01 PM
hey, i was wondering who i can ask for one of those v8less decals from.. any chance i can get a really tiny one?

masterv
November 4th, 2002, 06:59 PM
pao..i have tons..u want one just lemme know where to give to u..

FOCUSFOOL
November 4th, 2002, 07:30 PM
For the best service and price in decal and signs, give Tim at sign source a call he is the owner operater. He was the asian guy that worked at decals and signs.com or hot plates a year or so ago. He does all my personal and bussiness stuff. I think his number is 421-1451 but not ot sure.

Genki
November 5th, 2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Scintillater@Nov 4 2002, 01:45 PM
Think of it this way...if you only have a digital image for someone, they have to vector the image, and depending on how complicated it is, it could take an hour or two of work. That alone in labor will be expensive.
Do it yourself or ask someone who knows how to do it to do it. As scint said.. it will take some time depending on the image. But if you can do it yourself or know someone who can do ask them to do it first.

I know in Corel Draw 8 (very old) they had a trace bitmap option.

Hmm or u can do this.... if u ahve photoshop and illustrator. if the image is one colour, select the image.. then select similar with a tolerance of abt 5 or so. Then trun that selection into a path.. then bring it into illustrator and touch it up.

That should save a lot of time tracing it manually.

Scintillater
November 5th, 2002, 02:08 AM
well, the second and third set that Mark got of the V8less decals, we made for him. I don't know how much smaller they can get just because it's a matter of how small a vinyl cutter can cut the vinyl.

Benny
November 5th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Hook me up wth some V8Less Decals, my car will finally be worthy of one next spring B) :rolleyes: :lol: :ph34r: :owned:

ClubEL (AzNBonD)
November 5th, 2002, 10:59 PM
how do the v8less stickers look like?

Scintillater
November 6th, 2002, 01:08 PM
u'll have to ask mark for decals. when he comes back that is. right now, they just look like the logo on the main page of the turbo. but i think there maybe a logo competition in the works...soo....we'll see .

Xx D-MAN xX
November 10th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Well, I got my cusco rear windshield banner sticker made at decals & signs located at WEM. It was a little pricey but they did a good job with what they had to work with.

Since I went to pick it up and it wasn't ready, they gave me 2 free smaller stickers for the inconveince. :D

siopao
November 10th, 2002, 06:22 PM
yeah i've seen the v8less decals... bigger than i want it tho.. is there any chance he has smaller ones?

Clem
November 10th, 2002, 11:53 PM
You can always try Silent Rage in Calgary

Scintillater
November 11th, 2002, 12:42 PM
we also do decals here, so if you're interested and have a project, gimme a shout:

eDG Design Group Inc.
edg@edgdesigngroup.ca

we're in edmonton.

silentrage
December 24th, 2002, 01:40 AM
Actually $36...seems a little high. Would have done it for cheaper. :) But I'm all the way in calgary...lalala...

Xx D-MAN xX
December 24th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Scintillater@Nov 11 2002, 10:42 AM
we also do decals here, so if you're interested and have a project, gimme a shout:

eDG Design Group Inc.
edg@edgdesigngroup.ca

we're in edmonton.
Do you do custom graphic design such as logos, business cards, post cards, stickers, decals, flyers, etc.....

If so, I'm interested and would like to see some samples of your work.

Scintillater
December 24th, 2002, 01:37 PM
yessir we do... :P

PM me and we'll set up a meeting sometime to see what sort of projects you'd like to have done.

Xx D-MAN xX
December 25th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Scintillater@Dec 24 2002, 11:37 AM
yessir we do... :P

PM me and we'll set up a meeting sometime to see what sort of projects you'd like to have done.
Check your pm!