PDA

View Full Version : Official List: "2004 Top 10 Imports/scc Cars"

MightyMidget
June 21st, 2004, 11:06 AM
<------, 2000 Suzuki SV650S, 12.5@105mph (budpark)

S

MightyMidget
June 21st, 2004, 11:37 AM
yeah I saw that SO WHAT!!!! :p :blink: just think of it as a VERY SCC ;)

S

Inzane
June 21st, 2004, 01:22 PM
Yesterday, at BOI (during time trials):

Inzane, Nissan 300ZXTT, (93), 12.9@106.6mph (Bud Park).

(I'm hoping to get out again soon with more practice. That slip of mine shows I was already 87mph at the 1/8 mile trap which suggests I should've been higher at the 1/4 mark. I think I grinded a gear or something at the top end. If I get a better slip in the near future, I'll update my info to you.)

In addition to myself, at BOI yesterday there was:
- the black Shelby that ran 12.65 @ ?? (from Pro Drag)
- Ron of course (97 Talon), best pass of 12.03 @ 122 (I think)
- Steve (Talont), 12.4-12.6 I think...

You'll have to get their confirmations to fill in the blanks.

I think that was it for sub-13.5 imports if I recall correctly. I'm not sure what the white Colt in Pro Outlaw ran.

Blaine B.
June 21st, 2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ehos
SHANE CONSTANT 10.866 122.79 65 BEETLE 2332 TURBO 6/04/2004

:)
In Alberta?

v8slayer
June 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
Mark 11.6 @ 120 mph
Green Talon

TrevorK
June 21st, 2004, 06:28 PM
No offense to Ron intended - but did he run the 11.3 this race season? I coulda swore he ran that last year....

Not a flame, just a comment...

Blaine B.
June 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM
One suggestion.
Since every sanctioning body requires a "backup" pass within 10% on the same day, should we also include that into our criteria?
This would eliminate kamikaze runs that sacrifice reliability and common sense in general just to make the list.
So far everybody mentioned has backed up their passes, this would be for future reference.

Inzane
June 21st, 2004, 07:59 PM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/jamcind/interest.htm

It doesn't say Alberta anywhere. But, FYI he's from BC.

Yep, as per your link:

All cars must be street licensed in BC and driven on the street. Yearly insurance is not necessary, permits are permitted. Proof of insurance may be requested. *Special entry may be allowed to cars outside of BC with participants consent*

And if the run was not done in Calgary or Edmonton then that disqualifies it from being on our list.

Inzane
June 21st, 2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
No offense to Ron intended - but did he run the 11.3 this race season? I coulda swore he ran that last year....

Not a flame, just a comment...

Look closer at Insomniac's post. ".eg" typically means example.
:D

drastik
June 21st, 2004, 08:28 PM
don't forget about the ninja team from midtown :)

drastik
June 22nd, 2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ninja III
The 1988 CRX, first time out this year posted a 12.9 @ 109 mph, and the Bue 1989 Civic posted so far 13.2 @ 110 mph. We'll see this Friday(25th of June) if we can get the CRX down the track a little faster. See you guys out at the track.

Stewart
:)

Hey man .. I was hoping you'd pipe up and show em the lil honda's can go fast too :)

Blaine B.
June 22nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Insomniac
The rules are... Import or SCC car, from Alberta, on an AB track, in the year of 2004. I'd love to make sure people backed up their passes, but it's too hard to police, so I'll have to make do one pass.

About Mark and Steve (Talon's), please find the exact times, or even have the owners pipe up in this thread, and I'll add them.
How is it too hard to police?
There is ALWAYS more than one credible witness at the track to watch both passes. Failing that, KEEP your timeslip, we live in the technology era, EVERYBODY has SOME means of getting their timeslip posted onto the 'net for proof.

I will notify Steve to swing by here and verify his actual e.t. and MPH.

talont
June 22nd, 2004, 10:18 PM
At the Shootout I ran a best of 12.599 @ 108.98 and backed it up with a 12.631 @ 110.11

Thanks,
Steven.

Inzane
June 30th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Again, why is there a DODGE DAYTONA on the list?

That ain't no import (in my best redneck voice).

Where have you been? V8Less and 780tuners includes domestic sport compact cars in their turf... events like SCC allow cars like Ford Focus, Cavalier/Sunfire, Neon, etc. as well as the Japanese and European sport compact cars to participate.

The Daytona is pretty much a sport compact car, its an overhead cam engine, and if I'm not mistaken it probably has some Mitsubishi parts on it as well (I don't know my Chrysler/Mitsubishi history too well).

You obviously haven't been around here too long to bring this issue up. Its been hashed again and again.

Blaine B.
August 9th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Here's another submission from the Pro Drag Team:
Darryl B. '91 Talon TSi - 12.83@105.04 (Bud Park)

Inzane
August 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Hmmm... .pretty soon we're going to need TWO top 10 lists... one for the private citizens that fund their project solely from their own pockets, and the other list for shop-sponsored and/or business-related tax-deductable (wholly or partially) cars.

:p

Inzane
August 17th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Funny you mention that since most of the shop built cars have less money in them than a car like your own..

Well if you are talking about the price of the car/platform foundation to start off with (eg. cost of a Z32 vs. a Civic or Talon, etc.) that might be true. But in terms of power mods I have relatively little. My engine is still stock and never been opened, my turbos are stock, and my entire fuel system is stock.

But what does that have to do with my comment? All you've done is point out that I have an expensive car.... no shit, a Z32 is an expensive car to buy and maintain. So what?

[In terms of what the other cars on the list have, I have no idea. The only two cars I'm somewhat familiar with are Ron's Talon, 'cause I've raced and pitted along side him a couple times, and Rage's 944T (seen his posts over the years on other sites). And there's no way I have anywhere close to the money those two guys have in their cars. But again, that's beside the point.]

You could argue that starting off with a higher performing platform is an advantage. Sure. But someone could also argue that starting off with a cheaper platform might be an advantage too. Or a car that was built by a shop instead of a person is an advantage. Or a car that was partially or wholly written off at tax time because of a business is an advantage. And so on.

Blaine B.
August 17th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Let's run a "claimer" series then.
$7500 will claim any of the top 3 fastest sport compacts in Alberta.
We have been offering the Sivik up for sale for $5000 in the offseason for the past two years.

I don't see any series in motorsport that splits up classes between "shop" and "independant". Why should we play by a different set of rules?

Inzane
August 17th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Pro Drag
I don't see any series in motorsport that splits up classes between "shop" and "independant". Why should we play by a different set of rules?

Good point. I wasn't proposing anything btw, just making conversation. (with a smiley)

I was just wondering, what happens if/when the entire list gets stacked with "shop" cars only? I guess one possible answer is: nothing at all.

Inzane
August 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Ninja III
Hey guys

If it's that big of a deal about shop cars and independent cars being on the list, then you can take Midtown Import's listing off.

We were introduced to the forum by some of our loyal customers that thought we could help support the Import Scene in Edmonton.
I am very impressed by the creativity and knowledge many of the guys/gals on the forum have on cars etc...
I would like to see us be a part of all this, but if the member and forum are really against shops having their cars posted on this list, then I'll ask for our to come off first. :)

Good times racing.... Always

Stewart Sim
Ninja III

Hey I'm sorry if my comments were misunderstood. I have nothing against shops and you guys definately deserve to be on the list with the times you're running.

I was just speculating on whether there was any merit in distinguishing between individuals' accomplishments and shops' accomplishments. Based on the majority of negative posts that came after mine, it looks like there isn't so I'll just drop the subject. No worries...
:beer:

Blaine B.
August 21st, 2004, 12:21 AM
UPDATES FROM AUG 20, 2004 Street Legals:
Zippy's / Pro Drag Performance 88 Sivik (season debut, running Hondata) 12.257 @ 118.63

Rob K Daytona 12.661 @ 107.13

Mekanik22
September 13th, 2004, 09:39 PM
<---- 90 Cavalier. 2 hours@8 km/h

ChromeDragon
September 14th, 2004, 07:42 AM
updated, good work.

Was gonna bring the vericom for you to try out but it wasn't working well at all in Matt's car...

:dunno: It might work better in a car that doesn't nearly do a backflip when you accelerate.....:dunno:

Inzane
September 18th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RWD
wow only 1 rwd car in the top 10 ... boooo

I'll be there to try to rep for the RWD guys on Sunday, as well as some other Zs and 240SXs from the Nissan camp. (I hear the RX-7s may be out in force too). But based on the way things are going, I'll predict its going to take at least a 12.7-12.8 to get back on the list and expect to stay there for any length of time.

Even the Quick 8 (SCC Class A) on sunday is probably going to be really tight this year. :fingersx:

Blaine B.
September 19th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Zippy's/Pro Drag '88 Sivik 11.196@114.97 MPH (Bud Park)
JB's Shootout. 18/9/04.
Driver: Blaine B.

I will be the first to admit that I did not get a chance to back up the run as rains came. Will try a repeat performance @ The SCC on the 19th.. I have the run on camera as well for any doubters, the time slip is right here in front of me.

Blaine B.
September 19th, 2004, 09:59 AM
You read it right.:bthumbup:

CYA
September 20th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Zippy's/Pro Drag '88 Sivik 11.196@114.97 MPH (Bud Park)
JB's Shootout. 18/9/04.
Driver: Blaine B.

no disrespect meant but i have a hard time believing these numbers.

even for RWD cars an 11.1 would land somewhere around a 130mph trap speed.

when FWD cars pull the same et's they almost always trap MUCH higher.

so if you let off the throttle or hit the brake on this run to only trap a 115mph this would mean your car would have run a lower-mid 10 second et or there abouts.

i just can't see it.

my 2 cents.

CYA
September 20th, 2004, 10:08 AM
i'm not saying the time slip or the board didn't show what he wrote. i'm saying the numbers don't add up. either an error on the timers or maybe something else besides the car flew across the beams and tripped the lights. either that or the trap speed is the wrong number and it's really supposed to be 141mph? LOL! i tend to think it's the et that's wrong.

CYA
September 20th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by stealth
11.84 @121mph

"sleeper" (Beyond Name) from Calgary

Red Civic Hatch Back.

that's a sweet car! i saw the run and i must say this is the most exciting import i've seen to date.

the "sleeper" name definately suits! :bthumbup:

when your car hit about the 330ft mark i knew it was going to be fast. :bowdown:

i must say in all the years i've been going to the track (10 yrs and counting now) this is one of my favorite cars.

Blaine B.
September 20th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Post the slip breakdown (330, 1/8 mile, etc), and since there is a vid post it too.

This shouldn't be very hard to verify.
:dunno:
Sivik
R/T=1.569
60'=Down
330'=4.126
1/8=6.869
MPH=88.91
1000'= 9.234
1/4=11.196
MPH=114.97

Rob was in the right lane with his Daytona, here is his slip.
R/T=-.053 (redlight)
60'=1.856
330'=5.167
1/8=Down
MPH=Down
1000'=10.376
1/4=12.420
MPH=110.29

I think I know why the MPH is low.
The Sivik needed waay bigger injectors.
It had 500 cc injectors, my calculations after dynoing it were that it needed 800cc injectors at least.
Duty cycle shot to 100% @ 5000 RPM, hitting 120% duty cycle by 6000 RPM.
The car is lean off the chart from 5200 RPM on, no fuel means no power. The car screams down the track up to third gear. Once we shift to 4th, it is lean as fuck, no horsepower being made, the car is essentially coasting about 700 ft down the track to the traps.
The run above, I managed to get zero wheelspin off the line, which contributed to the bottom end acceleration.

The run wasn't backed up on Sunday. The lean condition finally got the best of the STOCK Integra LS Longblock. It put a window in the block at the beginning of 4th gear.
I am a big fan of consistency, if you want to put the 11.19 run up on the list, please put a "*" next to it to indicate it was not backed up.

Anybody want to by an 88' Sivik race chassis?
If not, we got something brewed up for next season.;)

Blaine B.
September 20th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DarrylBleau
If I'm not mistaken, didn't he also crater? (Piston, I think?). Does that mean it was a sacraficial run? I'm not trying to be an ass, it's a real question, I don't know anything about the car.
I thought I heard he did 2 runs that were 11.8's.
He came over to our pit and asked us to come and listen to his car because it "didn't sound right".
When he started it up for us the consensus was that he had scrubbed out a piston. Definite knocking sound.
He packed it in and went back to Calgary.
If he did two runs I say he backed it up, even at the expense of a blown engine. If he only made one run, then :dunno:

The car is definetly a sleeper. Very tastefully put together.
I saw on Beyond that he put 550 to the front wheels on the Mustang Dyno in Calgary. Hope they had a wideband on it.

Adam
September 20th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Change the list....

Apex SRT4 (2003)

12.3@110mph

Done at the scc yesterday

Adam
September 20th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Oh and backed with a 12.5@112mph

Inzane
September 20th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Adam @ Apex
Apex SRT4 (2003)

12.3@110mph

Oh and backed with a 12.5@112mph

Well done Sir.... Well done! :bowdown:

v8slayer
September 20th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Change the list....

Apex SRT4 (2003)

12.3@110mph

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However this proves Blaine would have made his 11.916 @ 114mph if you pro rate the scale as both cars used slicks and are FWD.

Congrats to you also Blaine for an awesome run on a stock LS block.

Inzane
September 20th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by v8slayer
However this proves Blaine would have made his 11.916 @ 114mph

LOL.... if his claim was as you typed it. But he's claiming 11.19, not 11.91, which is why such doubt exists.

Blaine B.
September 20th, 2004, 09:59 PM
I have the timeslip here in front of me.
I have posted both runs from the same timeslip.
Rob left 1.622 second before I did.
I was about a 2 lengths back by the end of the quarter mile.
His car is pretty much dialed in and runs consistent 12.4's, which is exactly what he ran on this run.

Until we get the video digitized, I will leave you with some math.
http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/hp_mph.php
2200 lb car
120 MPH trap speed (what the car has done in the past this season)
15% drivetrain loss.

Around 260 WHP, which is damn close to what the car put down on Stews Dyno last year.

This year with the new setup and running the Hondata, it layed down 348 WHP on Apex's Dynojet.

Using the same calculator as above, it should be good for approx 130 MPH trap speeds. However, due to the severe lean condition at the top 30% of the rpm band, it noses over BADLY in 3rd and 4th.

Just because Andrew never drove the car hard (car has an inconsistent 3rd gear) doesn't mean the car didn't have it in it. I got behind the wheel and drove it like everything else I own, TO IT'S LIMITS. I was able to power shift it all the way down the 1/4 mile. This was only the 3rd time I have ever driven the car.

I can't wait for the video. I still don't believe it myself.

Blaine B.
September 20th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by BSH
Didn't the list last year make a correction factor for Budpark vs. race city due to elevation changes? Could be wrong, but I thought it did.

I backed up my 12.7 at race City and Multiple 12.7's at the latest JB's shootout with a a few 15.9's at the SCC yesterday:D

I should have left well enough alone as the temps yesterday would have made low to mid twelves possible, but when you try to put a much bigger turbo, new headers, new clutch, new intercooler, and new alcohol injection in the evening before the race and find out at 1:00am that you don't have the right gaskets or bolts to get it back together and then find a big whole in the uppipe leading to turbo so it can't make any boost, you're pretty much screwed.

jz
So I wasn't crazy. I knew there were 2 different Silver STi's there yesterday.
The other guy (Bernard) was running a UTEC and Headers for mods and doing consistent 13.4's.

Blaine B.
September 21st, 2004, 12:51 AM
Here is what history will show. (http://www.nacdsm.org/albums/chosenalbum/sivik_002.mpg)
Looks like a low 11 to me.

v8slayer
September 21st, 2004, 10:16 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However this proves Blaine would have made his 11.916 @ 114mph if you pro rate the scale as both cars used slicks and are FWD.

Congrats to you also Blaine for an awesome run on a stock LS block.

OOOH fuck sorry dude.......typo.

I meant 11.196.

Blaine has always been honest and smart about racing so I would say his slip is accurate if he feels it is.:)

CYA
September 21st, 2004, 02:33 PM
lol... this is causing quite the stir.

here's a time slip of a full pass. keep in mind this is a drag car that was optimized for it's power level in order to pull off the quickest et's it was capable of. but it still gives us some valuable info and examples of the laws of physics.

60' = 1.57 (it was spinning, shoulda been a 1.48-1.49)
330' = 4.39
1/8 = 6.81
1/8 mph = 101.17
1000' = 8.93
1/4 = 10.73
1/4 mph = 124.6

for the civic to pull a faster 330' time than the above by a smoking 0.2 seconds this would mean it is a low 10 second car. this certainly does suit the way the car looks appearance wise but given past performance it's just way too far off.

so if all the timing beams and what not were not faulty on your run this means you let off shortly after 330' mark and coasted down almost 3/4's of the track to run a low 11. LOL. sorry... just no way that is possible for your car.

also take note the MPH on that time slip. you're looking at 101.17MPH at the 8th mile to pull a 124mph on a good launch. although the trap speed is a bit low for that ET it is possible with almost perfect launches. you only ran 89mph at the 8th mile. your speed at the 8th mile mark is indicative of a 12 second run.

for my car to run the 124mph it was in the low 11's. so if you coasted to a low 11 your car should trap much higher than the 124mph. how can you run 89mph in the 8th and and coast to a low 11? just think it through. you'll see that it's just not possible and something was wrong with the run.

Blaine B.
September 21st, 2004, 03:36 PM
Upon further review:
The way to measure the e.t. would be to time the car from the moment the "Staged" light goes out. Rob's car trips the lights on his side. The Sivik does not. However the Sivik does flicker the Pre-Stage Light momentarily. I would estimate that Rob had about a car length on me off the line.

This is not an low 11 second pass.:(
I only have WMP 10 to review the video, so I cannot view the run in .001 of a second.

If Insomniac could review the video once more and time the Sivik from when it trips the pre-stage beam (even though I have 4" of travel before I should trip the stage beam)to when it trips the lights on the tower, I would appreciate it. Just because I am curious.:p

v8slayer
September 21st, 2004, 04:49 PM
You can't judge a time by when the win light goes on because its not instant.

Blaine B.
September 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by THEONE
What????:dunno: That looks like a 12 second run to me!
If you READ the thread:

The run wasn't backed up on Sunday. The lean condition finally got the best of the STOCK Integra LS Longblock. It put a window in the block at the beginning of 4th gear.I am a big fan of consistency, if you want to put the 11.19 run up on the list, please put a "*" next to it to indicate it was not backed up.

Blaine B.
September 21st, 2004, 05:52 PM
Why did you change your original post Ron?

Blaine B.
September 21st, 2004, 11:57 PM
What does everybody else think of the "*" idea next to unbacked up runs?
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Blaine B.
September 22nd, 2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by vr6T
If a car went out and ran 10.0@142mph and broke in the last 10 ft. of the pass I'd think the idea of a '*' for unbacked up run is a fine idea, but a '*' beside an unbacked up time because of a timing error is a different story ;)
To clarify, I TOTALLY AGREE.
It is clear to me and everybody else that the Sivik didn't do an 11.19. The proof that the lights didn't trip is right there in the video.
I am still an advocate of consistency. What does everybody else think of the " * " beside runs that were not backed up?

Blaine B.
September 22nd, 2004, 05:23 PM
I have a handfull of slips here to back up the 12.25, it was backed up by a 12.3 on the same day.

Blaine B.
September 23rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
I looked at the video again. The Sivik's Stage bulb goes out at 20.26 seconds. Way late. The car's back tires are well past the beams at this point. The Pre-Stage bulb stays on until the tree is out of the camera's view (21.10+), AFTER the back tires have crossed the 60 foot marker. Something was way wrong.
Watch more carefully, the pre-stage bulb flickers when the Sivik starts it's forward motion. That is the moment that I would like an E.T. from.
Edit: it looks to me to be around the mid to late 19 second mark.

Blaine B.
September 23rd, 2004, 06:07 PM
I see no problem with a *** on a unbacked up run. I hope that bud gets this straight because it would be a shame to loose a good run because of a timming error!:(
Did you back up your 12.0 in Calgary?

Blaine B.
September 24th, 2004, 11:31 AM
For one thing I didn't run a 12.0 in Calgary? I ran it in Edmonton and yes it was backed up I'm ashamed to say!:( One other idea might be some kind of recognition on the list for street cars compared to race cars. For people who don't know much there is a big difference between making a heavy street car go fast on street, compared to making a light wieght race car go fast? Now that there is a couple of "shop" cars they should maybe even have there own list. I know Apex is gunning to be the fastest shop car in town:bthumbup:

I think that having "Zippys/Pro Drag" or "Apex Modified" as the owners of the car identifies it as a sponsored car and more than likely a "Race Car". What does everybody else think?

I agree that there is more involved in making a "Street Car" as fast as a "Race Car". Darryl's 11.96 on pump gas and street tires wasn't a fluke. There was a lot of TIME and money spent in the right places to pull that off. Don't look for us to stop there either.

It is nice to see another shop finally step up and offer some competition for the Sivik. Adam and the Apex guys were the first FWD competitors to actually line up against the Sivik, instead of hiding in the pits when it was time for eliminations like in years past.:bthumbup: :beer:

CYA
September 24th, 2004, 11:50 AM
It is nice to see another shop finally step up and offer some competition for the Sivik.

what do you mean finally?

the midtown crx was running 12's at 115-118mph before the civic ever did. and it was never stripped down... always full interior and even a stereo.

i see a lot of the crowd giving thumbs up for all the other shop cars but the midtown crew hardly gets the recognition they deserve.

bottom line is that the midtown crx is a street car... not a race car and they're neck and neck with you guys.

Inzane
September 24th, 2004, 09:56 PM
One other idea might be some kind of recognition on the list for street cars compared to race cars. For people who don't know much there is a big difference between making a heavy street car go fast on street, compared to making a light wieght race car go fast? Now that there is a couple of "shop" cars they should maybe even have there own list.

Ron, I made a similar suggestion on Page 3 of this very thread, and I got slammed by almost everyone for even mentioning the thought.

:dunno:

Blaine B.
September 26th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by CYA
what do you mean finally?

the midtown crx was running 12's at 115-118mph before the civic ever did. and it was never stripped down... always full interior and even a stereo.

i see a lot of the crowd giving thumbs up for all the other shop cars but the midtown crew hardly gets the recognition they deserve.

bottom line is that the midtown crx is a street car... not a race car and they're neck and neck with you guys.
I think you are wrong on the timeline CYA.
What I mean when I say finally:
Up until Apex lined up against the Sivik, no other shop in Alberta had lined up there car against ours. We were scheduled to line up against a couple Midtown cars in the past and they failed to answer the call in eliminations. This resulted in a # of "bye" runs for us. No real reason to push the equipment that hard on a "bye" run.
In fact, up until this past weekend, Mitsuman was the only car to line up against us in competition.
The Sivik finally stretched a rod bolt after 3 seasons at the track. 1.5 of those seasons were in the low 12's even dipping into the high 11's trapping between 118-120 MPH.
It has never really broken on us, we starved it of gasoline a couple times (forgot to put gas in it) but other than human error it has been very reliable. The same can't be said for the other "shop" cars.
I do commend Ninja III on it's performance, it is time for us to step it up a notch. I sincerely look forward to that showdown at the track, it has been a long time coming.:beer:

Adam
September 27th, 2004, 01:10 AM
October 10th Blaine.....I'll be there with our car will you have yours done??????:p

Blaine B.
September 29th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Me too! But wait I had my car a JB's this summer and Blaine was talking about racing and never even showed up? Since I have my own shop up here in McMurry I guess you can't say no shop in Alberta has wanted to line up against you. Then again all I have to race is my daily driver:dunno:
I'm sure Black Sunshine would love to line up against you.
2 full interior street cars on street tires, and pump gas. October 10th, whaddya say?

Blaine B.
September 29th, 2004, 12:06 AM
October 10th Blaine.....I'll be there with our car will you have yours done??????:p
We're working on it. We really don't want want to simply replace the shortblock with another stock LS shortblock. That is about the only thing that could be accomplished in time. Then again I would like a remach.:bthumbup:
1.8L turbo vs. 2.4L turbo/nitrous.:beer:

Adam
September 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM

1.8L turbo vs. 2.4L turbo/nitrous.:beer:

You make it sound as though we have something more.:asshole:

I think youre turbo is actually 3 or 4 times the size of ours.

Pretty much the same power outputs...you got a bit more horse and I got a little more torque but I'm also a a few hundred heavier....we'll see. It'll be a good match.

Oh well...if you dont make it out theres always next year. But if you dont come out you know its my responsibility and duty to razz the hell out of you. Right?

:p :p :p

Blaine B.
September 29th, 2004, 12:11 PM
You make it sound as though we have something more.:asshole:

I think youre turbo is actually 3 or 4 times the size of ours.

Pretty much the same power outputs...you got a bit more horse and I got a little more torque but I'm also a a few hundred heavier....we'll see. It'll be a good match.

Oh well...if you dont make it out theres always next year. But if you dont come out you know its my responsibility and duty to razz the hell out of you. Right?

:p :p :p
It's all in good fun and sportsmanship.:bthumbup:

v8slayer
September 29th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Doh except I won't be here Oct 10 otherwise I'd jump at the chance. How's about, you race my best timeslip this year? Remember, street tires, pump gas! :). I was running Petro Can 91 if you want to make it exactly the same.

Why do all you AWD guys keep bragging about STREET TIRES.
Little"D" you have R-comp Yokies that broke an axle.
Your saying it's only fair if he uses street tires on a FWD when your tires basicly are slick performance.

How about you both do a 1.7* 60' and then see who was faster.
As for the 91 octane I think thats fair if both cars are confirmed with that.

I'm really curious to see how a full blown 4G64 race engine with e-manage , water injection and the best boltons money can buy all bolted into a semi race prepped chassis does against a BONE STOCK FWD SRT-4 with a small shot of NOS.

Should be interesting at the least.

v8slayer
September 29th, 2004, 03:22 PM
my bad sorry

v8slayer
September 29th, 2004, 03:24 PM
You should still race the APEX SRT though now that I think of it.

I'm curious ;)

Adam
September 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Bring whatever you want I'll beat your ass down HARD!!!

:p :p :p :p

Prolly not but I can try and act tough at the same time:lol:

Hey Blain will the car be ready??

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 07:45 AM
That race has been on since he got his SRT4. But for some reason he won't come out.

That's new to me.

Should have made a date before I sold all my shit I guess eh!

OH I remember now, you wanted me to use 205 wide tread street tires against your monster awd r-compound tires.

I said slicks and its on and both you and Blaine cryed foul.

Why is Blaine always in your decission making?Are you guys more than friends.;)

Don't worry next year my friend!

Inzane
September 30th, 2004, 08:25 AM

That sounds familiar.

BTW, what's with all the recent talk of your SRT-4 vs. ____? What ever happened to your TALON vs. "whatever"?? Hasn't that been a big question some have been waiting to see answered since, oh... 2001 at least? Just curious.

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Inzane
That sounds familiar.

BTW, what's with all the recent talk of your SRT-4 vs. ____? What ever happened to your TALON vs. "whatever"?? Hasn't that been a big question some have been waiting to see answered since, oh... 2001 at least? Just curious.

I WAS RACING IN 2003. I think your just trying to start something but just incase your serious best read below.

The speed in which I work on my car is my business.

My family life will always come first and I'm sorry you don't agree with that. Hopfully you will understand some day so you can become a good parent instead of one thats not there for the kids and is always comming up short with cash for the kids needs because you sank it into the car.

I feel sorry for people like yourself that think cars come before family.

Inzane
September 30th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I WAS RACING IN 2003. I think your just trying to start something but just incase your serious best read below.

The speed in which I work on my car is my business.

My family life will always come first and I'm sorry you don't agree with that. Hopfully you will understand some day so you can become a good parent instead of one thats not there for the kids and is always comming up short with cash for the kids needs because you sank it into the car.

I feel sorry for people like yourself that think cars come before family.

WTF was that all about? You're lecturing a guy who just got married, and didn't put hardly any money at all into his car this year, about family and values? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was trying to "stir the pot" a little, but I was also just curious. I didn't know you were racing the Talon in 2003, honest. Sorry I missed it. I don't recall seeing it at SCC, what event(s) did you compete in? JB's?

I don't care about your family life and nor did I ever imply that family doesn't come first. (where the hell did that rant and/or accusation even come from??) But if ya want to talk seriously, why don't you get your story straight? Oh wait... so now you've been spending some time and money on the Neon... what happened to spending time with your kids and saving for their college funds?

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Well becuse you just mumbled about shit with no time line I guess I will have to waste my time setting you straight.

My AEM and Break issues were before the 2003 race sesson.
I got them fixed and showed first race of the year!
HMMMM.

The head issue later that summer was ABSOLUTLY no fault of my own and I got screwed by over 4500.00 by it being all said and done. That was like building a second motor $$$ wise!

To compound the problem I also suffered by a Cometic Standard gasket being shipped in a HP wrapper causing more problems.

The SRT-4 was bought as a work car because I spend 50% of my job in my car travelling so I wanted a fun car that was mid priced , infact it was cheaper than my Sebring from before.

In the last 2 years my wife was off work 1 year do to a birth and I still managed to put down 12000.00 dollars to reserve private schooling for my oldest and put enough money into RESP's to fully pay for both kids university education in full. The little bit I spent on the SRT mods was actually minut compared to those!

Like I said you were stirring it up so I replied how I percived your post. TO BAD SO SAD!

People like you who purposly take a Known situation and infame it are scum!

Say what you want but your post started this.

Inzane
September 30th, 2004, 11:03 AM
People like you who purposly take a Known situation and infame it

It was not a "known" situation to me, which is why I prompted for more info. As I said before, "just curious".

But my point goes back to... why poster like this?:

If you think there's a chance family or work or health or something else is going to get in the way of demonstrating your SRT-4 next season, then simple retract this statement (and statements like it), sit on your hands, resist the urge to type, speak, brag, etc. and otherwise shut the hell up and just show up next year and surprise people with... results. (what a concept) You're continued spouting-offs about how great you are are becoming tiresome.

And if its not enough that you not step up to the plate yourself, you have to continue to put down everyone else on this board that actually does participate and does try. Nice. Good day, sir.

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 11:11 AM
[If you think there's a chance family or work or health or something else is going to get in the way of demonstrating your SRT-4 next season, then simple retract this statement (and statements like it), sit on your hands, resist the urge to type, speak, brag, etc. and otherwise shut the hell up and just show up next year and surprise people with... results. (what a concept) You're continued spouting-offs about how great you are are becoming tiresome.

A [/B]

See this is what i'm talling about your making uneducated comments.
The my "friend comment" was directed to a person that is actually a friend! The comment was humour meaning my car is fixed(Talon) and I can't wait to race next year.

See Darryl knows I won't even have my SRT next year did you?

Did you even know Darryl and I are friends?
Did you consider anything or are you just being the cunt we're used to seeing on here.

My god man do you even think before you type!

Inzane
September 30th, 2004, 11:22 AM
or are you just being the cunt we're used to seeing on here.

Pot calls the kettle black... :dunno: Wow.

Oh well, guess that's what I get for stirring a hornets nest without wearing a net. :p

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Pot calls the kettle black... :dunno: Wow.

Oh well, guess that's what I get for stirring a hornets nest without wearing a net. :p

:lol: DONE ARE YA

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Some of them due to a deal I couldn't resist.
Bigger badder plans if my new car this spring flops on me.

Sorry thats all I can say for now.

Inzane
September 30th, 2004, 12:46 PM
:lol: DONE ARE YA

You win.

v8slayer
September 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
You win.

you to.