PDA

View Full Version : My suggestion for the forum

2003specv
January 7th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Could we got a Street Sightings sub-forum?

It was great while we had that huge thread pinned like a year ago. I'd like to see it return as a sub-forum. Maybe at the top of RU Bored.

RSready
January 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I second that. Beyond has a whole forum dedicated to it.

780Tuners
January 8th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Good idea. Before we can do this, does anyone want to try writing up Guidelines for this forum?

Keep in mind we need to be sensitive about the "S" word.

REFLUX
January 8th, 2005, 01:30 AM
"S" word = Street Racing

I think the sightings subforum would be better suited in the General Auto Chat since it's sighting cars :)

After reading the guidelines for Beyond's Sighted forum, here's my suggestions:

-Approximate location, time, day
-A picture with the plate blurred if possible
-If they talked to the owner
-Detailed description of the car, not something like "blue S2000 with shaved emblems"
-No street racing related sightings
-If you see a car that always parks at a certain place, don't report that. There is a greater chance of theives looking out for cars to steal.

2003specv
January 8th, 2005, 01:40 AM
I think it should also be restircted to board members only.

One thing I wonder is, should bashing of ricey cars be allowed? Like if I see a car with 3 wings, altezza's, NAWS decals, and stock hubcaps.... can we bash on them? Or will someone cry about them getting cut down here and we won't have fun?

And about street racing, can we post a sighting if we're bashing someone doing something stupid?

REFLUX
January 8th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by 2003specv
I think it should also be restircted to board members only.

One thing I wonder is, should bashing of ricey cars be allowed? Like if I see a car with 3 wings, altezza's, NAWS decals, and stock hubcaps.... can we bash on them? Or will someone cry about them getting cut down here and we won't have fun?

And about street racing, can we post a sighting if we're bashing someone doing something stupid?

1) I'm indifferent as to whether or not it should be restricted to board members only. Any reason why you want it restricted?

2) Bashing usually turns into flame wars because someone will get offended and try to argue that bodykits help aerodynamics or whatever. Some jokes here & there are fine but once the posts start crossing forum rules (disrespecting of members, flaming, trolling, etc) , they will be deleted or the thread will be locked...people may even get suspended/banned due to their conduct.

3) As long as the sighting does not promote street racing.

let's hear more suggestions for rules!
I couldn't have covered them all....:D

2003specv
January 8th, 2005, 03:01 AM
I think restricted because if were poking fun at a car we don't want every tom dick and joe to see it. That way we don't get trolls coming on and bitching about us laughing at crappy cars.

stealth
January 8th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by 2003specv
I think restricted because if were poking fun at a car we don't want every tom dick and joe to see it. That way we don't get trolls coming on and bitching about us laughing at crappy cars.

or theives who come onto automotive forums and browse for areas where they see these cars.

REFLUX
January 8th, 2005, 04:11 AM
good points :bthumbup: