PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing!

ehrgeiz
March 28th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I figure with that title I'd get the mods in here. hehe

Anyhow just something I wanted to throw out there for discussion. Not looking to really change any policy here, just wondering if I'm the only one that notices and feels this way about the subject.

That said, onto the rant. The more and more forums I read it seems that meer mention of the word street racing is immediately removed/blocked/banned/deleted. I don't agree with this. I understand that 780tuners doesn't want to be recognized as a supporter of it, and rightly so, but to completely censor the topic all together seems ridiculous to me.

I mean sure I would certainly remove any posts directly promoting local street racing event or any challenges, but it seems that any member even talking about something he saw on the street is warned and the thread deleted or locked.

I really am not a fan of this kind of blind fold approach to the topic. IMHO censorship never did anyone any good.

shorti
March 28th, 2005, 06:03 PM
careful
you might get banned with that opinion

clapbak
March 28th, 2005, 06:09 PM
:rolleyes:

PraxGTI
March 28th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I think the mods do a decent job of sorting through the supporting and not supporting aspects of most "street racing" related posts.

Blaine B.
March 28th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ehrgeiz
I really am not a fan of this kind of blind fold approach to the topic. IMHO censorship never did anyone any good.
:bowdown:

dance_of_curse
March 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
its like the topic of sex in schools if we dont talk about it it doesnt happen...and we all kno thats not true...there should be like a sticky with days/hours of the tracks so they can do it legaly...blah my 2 cents:bthumbup:

Inzane
March 28th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Well, I agree with some of what you're saying.

But think of it this way... there are police that participate on these forums. If by following the "rules" here, it conditions you NOT to post about your street racing interest/activities, it may save you from posting something about yourself or your friends that you might come to regret later.

REFLUX
March 28th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

But think of it this way... there are police that participate on these forums. If by following the "rules" here, it conditions you NOT to post about your street racing interest/activities, it may save you from posting something about yourself or your friends that you might come to regret later.

strictly speaking as a normal user & not as a mod....what Inzane said is very true.
Quick history, when I first got my car I made a couple posts about "testing" it on the streets (was pretty specific on location & time) and honestly, during the next 2 days there was an unmarked police car around the area I "tested" in.

might be something to keep in mind when the street racing rule is enforced.

SketchifisT
March 28th, 2005, 11:11 PM
i was just kinda thinkin about this. There are some nice vids that do kind of support street racing. What iwas thinkin was why dont we let them exist in the Locker Room? Cause not every nice car is takin to the track and filmed we all have some nice vids of a friend or someone havin a fun pull with another car.

I agree wit hthe street racin enforcement and i know what reflux is sayin , i remember on revscence some people posted where they were going to race and cops were sittin there waitin for them to go and guess what both had to get a ride home cause there cars got towed lol .

Imprezzme_STi
March 29th, 2005, 10:20 AM
If you have enough money to drop into your car you have enough money to drop it in for some track time.

ManHunter
March 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Can we talk about the Dodge SRT-4 then? It does stand for "Street Racing Technology" afterall... :D

MH

edmrx7
March 29th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SketchifisT

I agree wit hthe street racin enforcement and i know what reflux is sayin , i remember on revscence some people posted where they were going to race and cops were sittin there waitin for them to go and guess what both had to get a ride home cause there cars got towed lol .

And is this such a bad thing - if people want to post where and when they are going to race, and get caught, maybe they will learn something?

Street Racing is going to happen, whether it gets posted here or not.

ae1969
April 1st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Let them post about it..................

Censorship never works.......... It provides those that follow it a false sense of security. If you don't know its happening it does not affect me.

If you allow them to post there is equal opportunity to educate. If you save one person its worth the effort.......and if you get a few put in jail by them posting there locations I don't see the negative in that???

Markgase2000
April 4th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Also we can "see" the topic and merely suggest that its a bad idea.