PDA

View Full Version : More problems with the beater

Xx D-MAN xX
December 18th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Well, my last installment regarding my 1995 mazda protege was the seized rear brake calipers and non-functioning horn. Well, theres some new problems that have arised.

Lately, the car has been stuborn to start, especially after it has been sitting over night (Cold Start). Since its fuel injected, when the key is turned it usually starts right up. Now, it doens't start when the key is turned. I usually have to turn the key a few times and give it a bit of gas for it to start. Then you have that unburned gas smell which does wonders first thing in the morning. This problem is no longer just in the mornings, its whenever the car sits for a short period of time.

I don't know if its an ignition (ie. starter, distributor, rotor, cap, wires, etc.), fuel (ie. fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.) or something else (ie. belts, pulleys, etc.)?

In addition to the above mentioned problem, there is more. Once the car has been started, I usually let it idle for a few minutes to get it up to normal operating temperature. There has been a few times when I shift into drive and slowly accelerate, the car bogs and almost stalls. I give some more gas and the problem disappears. I don't know what this is?

I think I know the answer to this one. When the car is started and I shift it into gear, the car vibrates like a mofo! when it is in park or neutral, there is virtually no vibration. Is this the engine mounts? If not, then could it be transmission related?

All the help that I can get would be greatly appreciated.

ManHunter
December 19th, 2002, 02:08 PM
I think you need a new beater. :)

MH

Xx D-MAN xX
December 19th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ManHunter@Dec 19 2002, 01:08 PM

MH
Ha! My beater runs fine but my g/f drives it all the time. I'm stuck with her P.O.S.! :thumbsdown:

mr2_import
December 19th, 2002, 09:19 PM
ya i got a pos mustang to hopefully it will last all winter :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx:

gunmetalalloys
December 31st, 2002, 03:15 AM
unrelated - but my friend's '01 protege needs to be cranked twice to start in temperatures lower than say 10C. i went to test drive an '02 pro5 and same problem - it was maybe 5-10C outside. protege - drives nice, but POS quality IMO

REFLUX
December 31st, 2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ManHunter@Dec 19 2002, 12:08 PM

MH
*nod*
new beater

find an older toyota or honda :D