PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer's

Blaine B.
January 12th, 2003, 07:13 PM
So the other thread doesn't get diluted..........

(v8slayer @ Jan 12 2003, 04:18 PM)
Here is what IDRC classes as sport compact racing.

"Only one internal-combustion gasoline engine permitted
in vehicle. All water-cooled engine blocks must be
production based with a production run exceeding 500
units. Cast aftermarket cylinder heads are permitted for
all vehicles. If a water-cooled engine’s cooling system is
utilized, these engines are required to run only water.
No anti-freeze is permitted. Engine manufacturer must
match vehicle chassis manufacturer. Brother-company
substitutions are allowed, such as Lexus/Toyota,
Nissan/Infiniti, Honda/Acura. Domestic manufactured
engines (Ford, GM, Chrysler) are limited to fourcylinders
and OHC six cylinders. Engine must be
located and configured in OEM location. Setting engine
forward or back is allowable when and only when
modified engine mounts attach to factory mounts on the
frame or cross-member assembly. Changing engine
from transverse configuration (East-to-West) to
conventional (North-to-South) is not allowed. Engine
type (# of cylinders) and the number of power adders
will establish minimum weight breaks along with drive
configuration (FWD, RWD, AWD)".

The catch to prevent the Detroit V6's like the GNX and Cyclones to enter is the 6 Cyl engine must be a Over Head Cam type.
It also doesn't mention any Euro cars as legal.

I think I stuck my foot in my mouth when I said we should let them race as sport compacts.
I won't go aginst the IDRC rules since I have been preaching them so much here.
Sorry for sticking my foot in my mouth.

Just out of curiosity where do these rules leave Lino and his thunder bird powered R-100?

Mazda is owned by ford or is it still wrong do to the R-100 being origionally a rotory powered car when Ford didn't own them.

Don't get me wrong , I want to see him at the track if the rules allow it.

I thought this issue would arise. To me, IDRC seems to have drawn a line between the "import" and "domestic" manufacturer's.
Brother company engine swaps are allowed, but I don't think "inter-continental" swaps are allowed, ie. T-Bird motor in Mazda. That would equate to a Mercede's motor in a dodge colt.

I will inquire with the IDRC on this, to see if this issue has been addressed in this years rule book.

In the meantime, what does everybody else think?

Loose
January 12th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Who give a f*ck. It's a four banger. Let the guy race.

SRBURG13
January 13th, 2003, 12:11 AM
I'm with loose.

circle
January 13th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Like I said in my other post... why all the effort in restricting how rides are built?

:gay:

Blaine B.
January 13th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by circle@Jan 12 2003, 11:18 PM
Like I said in my other post... why all the effort in restricting how rides are built?

:gay:
Nobody is trying to restrict anybody's ride. Look at the IDRC rulebook COMPLETELY!!!

There is a class for everybody, what we are trying to eliminate is "cherry picking" of classes. By my interpretation of the rules as they are written, the "lowest" class a domestic powered import chassis can race in is Outlaw.

I applaud people who are assembling these machine's, the payout's for a sanctioned event are higher in the higher class's. However I don't want an "Outlaw" car competing against an "All Motor" car for cash or bragging rights because they are two different animals.

4kruzn
January 13th, 2003, 06:57 AM
I agree, If we were to accept the IDRC rules they should be followed to the letter and not be changed to suit individual needs. if the rules put the car in outlaw than that is what it should be.......

bigpappa
January 13th, 2003, 10:48 AM
firsty of all i checked with idrc and my car is legal micheal ferrea sent me a letter saying it is legal to run and the other flip side is nopi dragz where again i'am legal i have letters from organizers to officals of booth sanctiong bodies.i not that stupid to build a car without reseachering my classes?come on man

Blaine B.
January 13th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by bigpappa@Jan 13 2003, 09:48 AM
firsty of all i checked with idrc and my car is legal micheal ferrea sent me a letter saying it is legal to run and the other flip side is nopi dragz where again i'am legal i have letters from organizers to officals of booth sanctiong bodies.i not that stupid to build a car without reseachering my classes?come on man
Of course you are legal! What class do you mean you are legal in?

bigpappa
January 13th, 2003, 11:17 AM
i'am legal in the pro class but since are scene is so little you put me in a class?i would love to here what class i will be put in?

Blaine B.
January 13th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by bigpappa@Jan 13 2003, 10:17 AM
i'am legal in the pro class but since are scene is so little you put me in a class?i would love to here what class i will be put in?
As I posted in another thread, according to the Tech Director of IDRC, if infact you are the owner of the R100 and are running the same setup as last year, you would be in the Outlaw Class.
Good to see somebody getting the ball rolling in that class.
You are trying to take the scene to new level's and that is to be commended. :bigthumbup:

Loose
January 13th, 2003, 04:19 PM
It's a pro car dude. Not outlaw.

Blaine B.
January 13th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Outlaw Class: New for 2002, a minimum class qualifying time of 10.99 must be met to make the qualifying field.

Pro Class:Still developing, the IDRC Pro Class is wide open to any import and eligible sport compact door slammers running quicker than 9.99.

If an Albertan in a Sport Compact pulls of a 9 Second pass @ Bud Park I will by them dinner anywhere in Edmonton this year. That is only a small token to signify such a milestone for our scene.

By my interpretation, the R100 is eligible to run in Outlaw, but if he can pull off a 9.99 sec pass to qualify for Pro Class, all the power to him! :bigthumbup:

Loose
January 13th, 2003, 05:21 PM
What are you trying to say?

If this car shows up as a pro car and it doesn't run 9's, do you want to punt it out the gate?

Is this what you're trying to imply?

IH8V8S
January 13th, 2003, 05:37 PM
No offense intended but if you pull off a 9. anything I'll crap myself! :blink: I think he'll end up running in the outlaw class. It'll be interesting to see what it runs anyway! :D

Karl

Blaine B.
January 13th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Loose@Jan 13 2003, 04:21 PM
What are you trying to say?

If this car shows up as a pro car and it doesn't run 9's, do you want to punt it out the gate?

Is this what you're trying to imply?
I said exactly what I was trying to say, if you want to read more into it, that's your perogative.

If the R100 is built as a Pro Car he is in a pretty exclusive class, most likely a class by itself.

If I wanted to, I could enter my 92 TSi AWD in Pro Class as well, would I stand a chance, HELL NO!

There is a good possibility of having a few Outlaw Cars this year and the R100, if equipped as last year, is eligible to run in this class.

bigpappa
January 13th, 2003, 07:33 PM
well not to be contrare my car is comin out this year and it is a pro car /outlaw car. :bow: