PDA

View Full Version : 240sx problem

blk240sx
March 2nd, 2003, 03:57 AM
I own a 89 nissan 240sx that i have had since september and on the weekend i was arcing down 109st and at the light i was reving my engine and i was reving to about 4500 rpm and when i went to rev again it sounded like hen engine was stalling the next 2 revs after. It had happened liek twice b4 and i have no idea what is goin on. Another problem is i was popin my clutch one time at a light racing a civic and when the tires started spinning the whole car started shaking. The same problem occured wheni was trying to do a break stand b4 the winter and even b4 that i have had no problem doing both of these things i dunno if it is just the cold edmonton weather or what someonbe help..................

redbaron303
March 2nd, 2003, 04:06 AM
I'm not gonna lecture, but this doesn't seem like the weather to race anything... and maybe to solve your problems you shouldn't abuse your car... but it is your car!

As for the reving, maybe it's a rev limiter?! and the car shaking.... road conditions or who knows?! Sounds like something you should consult a mechanic about.... Sumaru's Auto specializes in Datsun/NIssan Z cars and they also do all other Nissans. Check them out, their #'s in the phone book.

1mns13
March 2nd, 2003, 09:51 AM
The wheel hop is cured with stiffening up the subframe bushings. All Nissan RWD cars from 89-02 have the same setup. The cheapest cure is buying washers from a hardware store. The setup I use is the Align and lock bushings from whiteline available through www.pdm-racing.com

blk240sx
March 2nd, 2003, 11:39 PM
ok what do i ned to do about these bushings , is there anything else it could be

ChromeDragon
March 2nd, 2003, 11:46 PM
Shocks, springs, whatever it happens to be that is worn, it is still a wheelhop problem. Check and make sure that your shocks are in good condition(no oil visible on the outside, the damp well when you force them up and down).

I say get some new shocks anyhow, if you intend to go racing(legally) at any local autocross events you won't regret it.

Chromey

chris
March 5th, 2003, 11:42 AM
dude quite beatingthe s##t out of your car. Instead of making repairs you could of been doing up your car

s2oooR
March 5th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by chris@Mar 5 2003, 04:42 PM
Instead of making repairs you could of been doing up your car
whats that mean, dont fix it...but get NOS for your car?

redbaron303
March 5th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Okay, I still think that you ought to take it to a mechanic and have them look at it unless you have a lot of technical knowlege of your car.... I have 300zx and anytime I think there's something wrong with my car I'll have it checked out and repaired if neccessary.... I would rather be safe than sorry, don't need anything falling off or braking on a road trip or on the race track....

Oh and to the guy that said tune vs fix... he could have a point, if suspension upgrades are something that you may be considereing and you find out the problem is in that area then why not up grade to fix the problem?! But to mod the car and not fix the problems first doesn't make any sense.... whywould you want to put a NOS or turbo or anything on your car, even a new steering wheel and some pedals without having it in Aok driving condition?! Seems like a waste of time and money when an unfixed problem has the potential to just get worse! :blink:

s2oooR
March 5th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303@Mar 5 2003, 06:24 PM
Oh and to the guy that said tune vs fix... he could have a point, if suspension upgrades are something that you may be considereing and you find out the problem is in that area then why not up grade to fix the problem?!
I never thought of that...lol good point...in that case, go for it!

redbaron303
March 5th, 2003, 01:31 PM
See Rommel... sometimes it makes sense to upgrade and not fix the problem, but you're right w/ your example of say adding nos over fixing your suspension... just wouldn't make so much sense then.... haha

ChromeDragon
March 5th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303@Mar 5 2003, 11:24 AM
don't need ..... braking on a road trip or on the race track....

What the shit are you babbling about? Why wouldn't you want braking on a road trip? Or the race track? Seems to me like the places that you would want braking the most!!! Are you trying to kill this kid?

Chromey

P.S. Don't get in a hissy fit, I was just making fun of your spelling! :P

redbaron303
March 5th, 2003, 05:36 PM
breaking.... how's that....?! haha... oh and you only need to stop if you get behind some slowazzporsche... hahaha :D