PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Gauges

smooth
January 8th, 2002, 10:05 PM
I'd like to pick up some gauges for my Probe GT. What gauges do you recommend?

I was thinking
- Boost
- A/F

Cyanide Ride
January 9th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Go with a Boost gauge or an EGT, both are useful.

An A/F gauge don't do awhole lot, I don't feel that you can accurately measure A/F ratio with a 4 wire O2 sensor.

CYA
January 10th, 2002, 12:15 AM
fuel pressure... very important. http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Swifty
January 10th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Along with the fuel pressure...oil pressure, Water temp and Volt meter, all are important for everyday driving as well as Race situations, *The boost and EGT are good for tuning but in a race situation your pretty much stuck with how much boost you are running, but it is a cool guage cause it move alot:biggrin::cool:

(Edited by Swifty at 1:12 am on Jan. 10, 2002)

test
January 10th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Where do you guys mount all these Gauges???

Swifty
January 10th, 2002, 01:30 PM
I've got 2 on my A-Pillar, Air Fuel and Boost....Fuel Pressure on my Cowl....Tach on the right of the factory Guage pod....Shif Light on my Steering Column...and Oil press, Water temp, volt meter where the factory head unit used to be in a custom guage pod...

CYA
January 10th, 2002, 05:07 PM
i've got vacuum/boost and now fuel pressure on the a-pillar. i have oil pressure and water temp in the middle of the dash. if you go on the autometer sight you can see a picture of the kit they sell for mustangs to mount these there. that's all the gauges that i have, other than the stock ones of course.

Talonts96
January 11th, 2002, 11:56 AM
If its a turbo car. First guage to get is boost because unlike a supercharged car you can tinker with the boost and raise it or lower it with a boost controller. the second guage I would get is the EGT guage, I agree with CYA the A/F guage is not much use ith a four wire O2. I got all three and the A/F is just a pretty chritmas tree light that gets all the chicks asking what's that? Mount them on the A-pillar...thats the easiest. I got one mounted on the A-pillar and a double pod right underneath it on the corner of the door. When the door is closed it looks like a tripple cluster.

Talonts96
January 11th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Sorry it was BlueTurboEgg that mentioned that the E/f guage was kinda useles not CYA.....So I agree with him.....

APEXSER
January 11th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Boost
EGT
Oil Pressure
Fuel Pressure

If you have some spare cash, get these also:

Water Temp
Air Temp

Get an air temp guage with (2) probes. (1) before the intercooler and (1) after the intercooler.

smooth
January 14th, 2002, 06:33 PM
How do you install a EGT gauge? I hear you have to drill the manifold.

2000silverimpreza
January 14th, 2002, 09:16 PM
its similar to a o2 sensor. you need to drill/weld a bung into your header. usually 3"-4" down the header on the last cylinder that gets fuel. sensor itself you just screw it into the bung.