PDA

View Full Version : direct port nitrous

H22_TURBO
March 13th, 2003, 11:58 AM
just need some info, if anyone has direct port nitrous on their car.

redbaron303
March 13th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Theres a really good reference.... I believe it's called.... "the fast and the furious"

:D

I haven't heard of anybody using that system, or even talking about it since the movie.... Maybe one of the shop guys can tell us more about it....?!

SilverZ24
March 13th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I have a buddy looking at buying a kit (I actually think he might of already ordered it). What info are you looking for? He has looked into it quite a bit already and I might be able to get an answer for you. Also, he swings by this board now and again. :)

H22_TURBO
March 13th, 2003, 05:26 PM
why fast and the furious????? because they show them pushing a button that has a nos sticker obove it?????? thanks for the help.

redbaron303
March 13th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by H22_TURBO@Mar 13 2003, 03:26 PM
why fast and the furious????? because they show them pushing a button that has a nos sticker obove it?????? thanks for the help.
I was just joking about that... somebody had to say it.... come on I mean all that useless technical jargon in that movie..... haha!

Goodluck on actually finding info on the nos kit.

stuff
March 13th, 2003, 05:49 PM
What is it that you need to know? I am ordering one next week.

GirlRacer P1
March 13th, 2003, 05:59 PM
We have a Nitrous kit sitting in the living room, waiting to be installed. Do you need to know about install, or about the nitrous system itself?

vr6T
March 13th, 2003, 06:38 PM
what do you want to know?

H22_TURBO
March 13th, 2003, 06:43 PM
where to hook up all the solonoid wires, i have a kit i peiced together,but dont know how to set it a certain rpm?

mitsuman
March 13th, 2003, 07:02 PM
You can purchase a window switch and some RMP pills from MSD. This switch will turn something on at set rpm, then turn it of lest say near red line or what ever you want to set it with.... This is perticularly usefull for turboed applications. I think that they have several types of switches, you should check MSD website out!

vr6T
March 13th, 2003, 08:38 PM
you can put the solenoids where ever you want. You will only have about 24" from the solenoids to the foggers so you will have to mount them under then engine bay.
The hardest part to find is going to be a bender small enough to bend the fogger Tubes. I couldn't find anything that could bend smaller then 1/4" back in the day so I made a little bender. I'm not sure how much NOS you plan to run, but you better take into consideration timing, and fuel needs.

ps: mitsuman, we'll have to change the racer, and thrasher around in your signature over the next couple years.

Focus Guy
March 13th, 2003, 10:31 PM
If you would like to stop by the 9637-111ave shop next week I have a maniflod with completed direct port set up on it and can show you all you need and I do the same set up for you if you have a extra manifold. With a premade plug in harness.

v8slayer
March 14th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by mitsuman@Mar 13 2003, 05:02 PM
You can purchase a window switch and some RMP pills from MSD. This switch will turn something on at set rpm, then turn it of lest say near red line or what ever you want to set it with.... This is perticularly usefull for turboed applications. I think that they have several types of switches, you should check MSD website out!
Where did you get that idea from. HEHEHE
All that stuff is for sale including the pressure switch and pills. :bigthumbup:
Just give me a email if you want it.