PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Users

Ayu
March 20th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Do any of u Compustar users know if there is a vibrating feature with the unit with the blue remote ?

HKSpowers
March 20th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Nope, only the spread spectrum unit has a vibrator :P

SRBURG13
March 20th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Just the white one i think is vibrating

REDX2NV
March 21st, 2003, 12:47 AM
white one is DEI..black one of compustar vbibrates and has better range, blue one has less range and no vibrate!

anyoen knwo where i can get a good deal on the compustar or DEI(for $600 or less installed-already have immobilzer bypassed and factory security is bypassed with my old compustar)

Kato
March 21st, 2003, 01:17 AM
PM chowder. They got agroup buy going on. He can give you more info on it. Less than $600 I know for sure.

HKSpowers
March 21st, 2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by REDX2NV@Mar 20 2003, 10:47 PM
white one is DEI..black one of compustar vbibrates and has better range, blue one has less range and no vibrate!

anyoen knwo where i can get a good deal on the compustar or DEI(for $600 or less installed-already have immobilzer bypassed and factory security is bypassed with my old compustar)
ummm, not sure if the black one's are DEI, DEI has their own brand out through Viper and can only be used with Automatics and not to mention the look gay! FIRTECH makes the line compustar and claim the spread spectrum have better range then the blue ones with the new spread spectrum technology b.s. to have better range but what we dont realize up here in Canada is that they regulate the frequency that its transmitted on so in effect us Canadians might not see the gains. My friend owns a semi performance shop and he's studied the range on these things and noticed that the blue ones on average have a 5 km distance. Infact the only thing real good about the white one's is that they are code hopping. But who here in Edmonton had a code grabber?

correct me if i'm wrong but wasen't Firtech in court for using an illegal frequency or some shit.

REDNEX2NV pm me if you wanna get a deal on a Compustar

Ayu
March 21st, 2003, 12:18 PM
Really ? the reason why I am asking is because when I change the AAA battery the icons on the screen light up, and I see a icon that is a vibrating icon. Are the Compustar remotes swapable ? (i.e. a white remote work with a system with a blue remote)

HKSpowers
March 21st, 2003, 02:08 PM
Well the blue casing can be changed around but it is the same display as the white ones maybe that is the reason why it is convenetley on there for the company to not have to make seperate screens.

But a compustar blue can be changed to a white one just change the control module and reprogram the new whit remote. That easy!

uncle ben
March 23rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
HKSpowers, what kind of deal can you get on a compustar ?

HKSpowers
March 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Installed or just the unit it's self?

SilverZ24
March 24th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Can you get me a new remote for mine for a good price?

I have the blue one, can't remember the model # off hand...

HKSpowers
March 24th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Those are expensive to replace, I think like 150 or somthing not sure, dang almost half of what the whole unit is worth. But i'm not sure i'll find out.

SilverZ24
March 24th, 2003, 02:49 PM

uncle ben
March 24th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by HKSpowers@Mar 24 2003, 11:47 AM
Installed or just the unit it's self?
Installed