PDA

View Full Version : Need help!! fuel question

T51R
December 5th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Need your guys help, Calgary store hates imports and seems like they dont think the next generation can afford parts.(their lose)

question #1.
I have a dual intank pump setup in my car , the 2 pumps are tee'd into one line.heres the tricky part, the lines inside the tank comes out on top of the lid but has a small banjo fitting going out to the lines( alittle smaller than a -6an)the hole is pretty small, thread size 12x1.25mm. Are there any conversion fittings that would change the metric to -6an size and thread, or should I just drill a new larger hole with a correct size fittings?

question#2.
should i run a -8an line to the rail( going in 1 end and coming out the other)and a -6an out to the FPR and a -6an back to the tank? or should i do a dual feed(both ends of the rail) -6an lines going in both ends and teeing the lines together back to the FPR.(each -6an lines are feed by each pump.)

sorry the post is so long.
need advice thanks in advance

TurboBlueNX
December 5th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Well, I was able to find a contraption (two adapters) to make a pipe thread goto an 8 AN line. It's isn't the prettiest, but it works, I'm betting there is a metric to an adapter out there or something that can get you close. Greggs Distributing has the largest selection of fittings and SS braided hose anywhere I know of in stock, if you need something let me know I'll look in there for you.

As for the pumps. I think that running both pumps to one 8 AN line to the Fuel rail, then to the FPR, then back to the tank (I'm running the same, but with one pump) But I'm not sure how the plumbing runs on the two pumps in a Supra...

You wouldn't have a Factory Service Manual would you?...

KillerRabbit
December 6th, 2001, 12:25 AM
If your running under 500hp you only need one pump that can flow 50gph, and one 5/16 line.

T51R
December 6th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Turbo nx blue,
Can you find find me a conversion bolt for a 12 x 1.25mm into a -8an or a -6an.from Gregs distribution.If you dont have time can you get me their number and i will call them.either way thanks.
I am goals are around 700-800 rwhp, I have one pump that is rated at 165psi at 90ghp and the other is stock.

CYA
December 6th, 2001, 01:50 PM
hmmm... for 700-800 RWHP things get tricky. fuel systems need close monitoring when getting this high in power. for example voltages. with this much hp i'm sure you've gone through a zillion things in your head trying to figure out what's right and what you're getting yourself into so we don't have to discuss things like that. but to answer your question... you should t the pumps together and run a single line up to the front. you'll also want to install a one way valve in each of the lines between the pump and the t. this prevents feeding fuel back into the tank when one pump decides to die. the size of line depends on the routing of such. but if you can get a decent line going forward to your rail then a -8 should be ok as long as you get GOOD voltage to the pumps at ALL times. of course we're all just saying these things off the top of our heads WITHOUT knowing how efficient your motor is going to run. obviously with hotter intake temps more fuel is typically required to keep things in control. so fuel pump choices, lines, etc. are combination specific. but... ball parks are good for planning just make sure to test things before trusting it 100%.

just curious though... who set up your tank for the dual intank pumps? i was planning on going this route when my pump dies.

good luck.

CYA

T51R
December 6th, 2001, 03:29 PM
The duel intank set up is very common in the supra community(toyomoto I think was the first to produce a fuel assy for the market)
I am just worried about the rail being too long(18") and that i would have a better chance to starve the #6 cyc(end of rail).
A duel feed would answer the problem but there would be 2 extra Tee's and probably 2 feet of extra line.Would that effect the fuel pressure?
I am trying to copy a fuel system that a certain company sells in the states(PHR racing retails 2200US)I tried asking for details but no answer.
I have most of the componets for the sys, 850cc, dual pump, 16mm rail, FRP,relays, alternator I am just trying to figure out how to put it together?

CYA
December 6th, 2001, 03:44 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from T51R on 1:29 pm on Dec. 6, 2001

I am just worried about the rail being too long(18") and that i would have a better chance to starve the #6 cyc(end of rail).[/b][/quote]

hmmm... what's the cylinder number designation like on the supra? and what's the firing order?

when you take those things into consideration you should have a better idea regarding the possible starvation of cyl #6 due to fuel rail design.

CYA

Cyanide Ride
December 7th, 2001, 01:42 AM
Don't mind me, I just pulled a transformer move... Someone transfer my stats over too please http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

T51R- Sorry man, I tried everyone I could think of. NOONE makes a metric male to 8an male... They've got everything else but metric... Darn american distributers.

I know a good machine shop that could put together a 12 x 1.25mm to 8 or 6an line male to male fitting for you.

No Sam, not Xtreme Machine, last time I needed something like this made I had the machinist from Del West Hydralics build one.

p.s. this is Andy...

T51R
December 7th, 2001, 11:21 AM
That would be great, can you find out how much? and time?
just make sure its a open throat 12x1.25mm to a -8an, male on both ends.
thank you very much

Cyanide Ride
December 10th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Sorry about that, I'm checking for you today...

I was trying to source a '84 Prelude motor for a friend who killed his motor...

Cyanide Ride
December 11th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Hokey, here's what I got, it'll be roughly &#36130 to &#36140 (about 4 hours to machine this) to make this fitting, but I need some more specifics.

How long would you like the threads to be on either side in inches?

How large a diameter on the inside max.?

Do you want a nut or bolt of somekind in the center so you can tighten it with a wrench?.

I think I have a sample of the 8 an line the machinist can copy, the 12x1.25mm is no problem.

Even a scanned quick sketch of what you need would help alot.

T51R
December 13th, 2001, 11:55 AM
will get u some photos and info this weekend
thanks