PDA

View Full Version : Google ads in posts...

RSready
October 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM
...are annoying and make the site look cheap. A step in the wrong direction, IMO. I know the site needs money to run, but you would think 15 sponsors would be enough..

CanuckDave
October 13th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Agreed!!

less annoying if they're at the top or bottom of the page at least.

NESTLE
October 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM
shhhh your banned:p

bigmack000
October 13th, 2006, 07:46 PM
also noticed this and think its pretty dumb in posts etter to deal with at the top

sparkycivic
October 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
:wtf:
when did this start?
anywhere BUT the posts, pleze

Mark Seto
October 13th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Hi guys,

The admins removed the top banner for the ads now. Unfortunately some will like it some wont, but it is a necessary evil we've decided to go forward with.

Thanks.

bigmack000
October 14th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Markis
Hi guys,

The admins removed the top banner for the ads now. Unfortunately some will like it some wont, but it is a necessary evil we've decided to go forward with.

Thanks.

Mark you are the admin and simple slolution put the top ads back get rid of the post ones . I know you have the power to adjust it.

its liek read a post AND WAHM!

great :rolleyes: ricer tail lights for 45.99!

ads by google

The only REASONi can assume they are in the posts is cause they are a pay per click ad. So no thats its not at the top of the page and harder to ignor and now thers is more of a chance of accidentally being clicked more $ is made.

:dunno: be nice to have it how it was :drama:

RSready
October 14th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Necessary? How much does it cost to run this damn site? One sponsor should be able to cover it...

Mark Seto
October 14th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DeathBy240
Necessary? How much does it cost to run this damn site? One sponsor should be able to cover it...

Sure.

Blaine B.
October 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
This is my public voicing of my displeasure as well.
It's like the ad in my post is endorsed by me without my knowledge. If I mention B18C1 or another buzz word, I predict an ad for a guy selling engines will pop up that isn't myself. Why am I paying to be a sponsor when other non sponsors are piggybacking my posts?

Mark Seto
October 14th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Blaine B.
This is my public voicing of my displeasure as well.
It's like the ad in my post is endorsed by me without my knowledge. If I mention B18C1 or another buzz word, I predict an ad for a guy selling engines will pop up that isn't myself. Why am I paying to be a sponsor when other non sponsors are piggybacking my posts?

Very good point - I will check with the admins on this one - I don't know how this works well enough to give you an intelligent reply.

Blaine B.
October 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Markis
Very good point - I will check with the admins on this one - I don't know how this works well enough to give you an intelligent reply.
Much appreciated.

Mark Seto
October 16th, 2006, 10:27 AM
The admins have notified me that they have removed all Google ads from the Sponsor section.

sparkycivic
October 16th, 2006, 09:30 PM
a small victory, in a larger fight ...:google:
can we do better?

bigmack000
October 17th, 2006, 06:55 PM
they wont chang them as they dotn care waht we find annoying or not .