PDA

View Full Version : May 11th auto-x ......

MightyMidget
May 5th, 2003, 04:29 PM
ok guys lets see who exactly is going to come on sunday.......

I will be there rain or shine and it looks like mostly shine so far...sunshine (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CAAB0103.htm)

go down to long term forcast.......

be there or be a SALLY

S

REFLUX
May 5th, 2003, 05:18 PM
not me because the snow made me leave my car in calgary :)

MightyMidget
May 5th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by REFLUX@May 5 2003, 04:18 PM
errr umm terry you don't need your car to come watch :unsure:

S

REFLUX
May 5th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by schlong69@May 5 2003, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by REFLUX@May 5 2003, 04:18 PM
errr umm terry you don't need your car to come watch :unsure:

S
yeah that's true
i meant i won't be competing

i'll see if i can drop by then :D

REDX2NV
May 5th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Ill be theree, wherr and what time?? how much??

first timer, do i need any previous traning to run, or is it just go at it?

redbaron303
May 5th, 2003, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna come watch...

RallyCivic
May 5th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I will if my motor is working good by then.

MightyMidget
May 5th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by REDX2NV@May 5 2003, 05:25 PM
Ill be theree, wherr and what time?? how much??

first timer, do i need any previous traning to run, or is it just go at it?
ok here is the map (http://www.telusplanet.net/~jamiefox/stalb.jpg)

easiest to come in from 142St and 137Av.....go north 142St to the stop sign at 167Av....then keep going north until you come to the first left and there you will see a big Warehouse on the north side of that Av. there you go

time-
Registration/Technical Inspection: 09:30 a.m.
Completed Entries Accepted Until: 11:00 a.m.
First Run: Noon

however they sometimes start early at 11:00am and you will need at least a snell95 helmet, valid drivers licence, and valid insurance/registration.

S

schlong8
May 5th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by schlong69@May 5 2003, 05:55 PM
time-
Registration/Technical Inspection: 09:30 a.m.
Completed Entries Accepted Until: 11:00 a.m.
First Run: Noon

however they sometimes start early at 11:00am and you will need at least a snell95 helmet, valid drivers licence, and valid insurance/registration.

S
Other way round Steve.
1st car out by 11am, BUT they usually run late, so 12pm is usually the time.

For corvette club events, all u need is the helmet and driver's licence. No registration/insurance is required for these ones.

PraxGTI
May 5th, 2003, 11:48 PM
I'll be there...don't know about racing though...

I'll probably race...

got_ae86
May 6th, 2003, 12:32 PM
I was just going to make a forum about this. I'll be there. Hopefully my car will be sporting the goodies that I just got in the mail. Oh yeah, who do we talk to about helping out for this event? :D :D :D

MightyMidget
May 6th, 2003, 06:00 PM
well guys it looks like I will be a spectator this weekend......my slave cylinder is kinda wonkey and my car needs to be babied until monday when in goes i n for a new slave cylinder and clutch assembly :( :( .....oh ya and a spoiler :)

anyway I will still be there but not compete.

S

REFLUX
May 6th, 2003, 06:13 PM
i really can't go now
i work

:angry:

i'll be at the next one hopefully :)

darkman
May 6th, 2003, 08:41 PM
I should be able to come and watch. If I can borrow a helmet, I will compete! B)

redbaron303
May 7th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Rich, gimme a shout, providing I"m coming I"ll bring my helmet...

PraxGTI
May 7th, 2003, 12:59 AM
man your just posting em up tonight chris!

Perilous_Enterprises
May 7th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I'd like to run, so I have 2 questions...

1. First gear likes to grind, will that fail me in the technical inspection?
2. I have an old helmet (bought new in 90) will it be good enough, or do I need something newer?

Bob

redbaron303
May 7th, 2003, 10:59 AM
I dunno about tech... my car has a "broken" fender and they let me pass at budpark.... but this isn't bud park either?! You could probably just run through second....?!

And for the helmet Ive heard you need snell95 or newer :mellow:

MightyMidget
May 7th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Perilous_Enterprises@May 7 2003, 08:22 AM

2. I have an old helmet (bought new in 90) will it be good enough, or do I need something newer?

Bob
the tech inspection usually consists of them checking your tires, and checking if all your engine stuff is not moving around.....oh and you must have a metal battery tie down.

S

Perilous_Enterprises
May 7th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by schlong69@May 7 2003, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by Perilous_Enterprises@May 7 2003, 08:22 AM

Bob
the tech inspection usually consists of them checking your tires, and checking if all your engine stuff is not moving around.....oh and you must have a metal battery tie down.

S
Cool thanx.. Guess I'll be adding battery tie down to my list of mods.. :P
(I don't have one at the moment.. ;) )

Cya on Sunday!!

Bob

midnite
May 7th, 2003, 02:18 PM
i'll try to make it.

go camry!! :o

MightyMidget
May 7th, 2003, 02:36 PM
SUNDAY is looking better and better every day!!!!

sunday weather (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CAAB0103.htm)

S

Perilous_Enterprises
May 7th, 2003, 09:55 PM
K... I'm all excited and whatnot.. so I need to vent...

Doods... I've never competed in a race other than the stupid gocarts @wem.. so I'm like.. trippin...

This is like, the moment I've been waiting for for a verry long time, so your damn right its gonna be +18 on sunday.... Hate to sound so desperate, but dam.. racing's all I've ever thought, and so here it is, my first opportunity...

Bob

typesly
May 8th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Perilous_Enterprises@May 7 2003, 07:22 AM

Bob
Basically, as long as your not wearing a hockey-helmet... you're good.

Damm... why do they always have to make these things so early?! So no one's answered the question of how much it's gonna cost to run? I'm thinking about coming as well.

MightyMidget
May 8th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by typesly@May 8 2003, 04:12 AM
So no one's answered the question of how much it's gonna cost to run?
it should be $20 to enter for the day.....

S

schlong8
May 8th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by typesly@May 8 2003, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't say that. As long as you have any helmet rated above a Snell M95 rated helmet you'll be okay. Anything less, and u might not be allowed to use it, u'll have to get a loaner.

MightyMidget
May 9th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by schlong8@May 8 2003, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by typesly@May 8 2003, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't say that. As long as you have any helmet rated above a Snell M95 rated helmet you'll be okay. Anything less, and u might not be allowed to use it, u'll have to get a loaner.
well said chris......

they usually have 3-4 loaner helmets there for teh people that can not find one......

oh ya and a bump

S

got_ae86
May 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM
I found a link for novice drivers. A good read none the less. Enjoy. :D
Autocross (http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm#whatis)

redbaron303
May 9th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Classes separate cars by performance, so that VW Rabbits compete against Honda Civics, and Porsche 911s compete against Nissan 300ZX Turbos... Damn it, so I'd have to race a porsche... :( j/k

I still think I just want to watch... and maybe hitch a ride w/ one of the other drivers to experience it from the passenger seat first! :)

MightyMidget
May 9th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303@May 9 2003, 02:18 PM
I still think I just want to watch... and maybe hitch a ride w/ one of the other drivers to experience it from the passenger seat first! :)
you dont have to drive that fast man......just what you are comfortable with.

and we dont class cars in e-town......only if you go down to calgary do you have to claas your car.

S

redbaron303
May 9th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Still we'll see... I think I'm gonna hold off till the next one, or one of the later ones... I'm getting some work done on the car on tuesday so...

MightyMidget
May 9th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303@May 9 2003, 02:33 PM
Still we'll see... I think I'm gonna hold off till the next one, or one of the later ones... I'm getting some work done on the car on tuesday so...
SSSSAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY

S

got_ae86
May 9th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Yeah, cars aren't classed here and it's a 'fun run'. Either way, there is no reason not to join unless you don't have a car that doesn't pass inspection. :blink: :wacko:

uncle ben
May 9th, 2003, 05:13 PM
i'll be there, and maybe i'll run, depending on weather

Perilous_Enterprises
May 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM
I'm there, I'm runnin, and my car had better pass the inspection (where do I send the case of scotch??) hehe

yup, got the newer head, new springs, new tierodends, new struts, battery bracket, left rear lower control arm.. I should pass the inspection.. cept my rear tires are kinda worn, but the belts arnt showing.. do I have to replace them too??

Bob

MightyMidget
May 10th, 2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Perilous_Enterprises@May 9 2003, 10:45 PM
I'm there, I'm runnin, and my car had better pass the inspection (where do I send the case of scotch??) hehe

yup, got the newer head, new springs, new tierodends, new struts, battery bracket, left rear lower control arm.. I should pass the inspection.. cept my rear tires are kinda worn, but the belts arnt showing.. do I have to replace them too??

Bob
your tires should be fine.........

S

Perilous_Enterprises
May 10th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by schlong69@May 10 2003, 06:03 AM

Originally posted by Perilous_Enterprises@May 9 2003, 10:45 PM

Bob
your tires should be fine.........

S
Cool.. 1 more question...
Will we have access to power? I was thinking of loading up my aircompressor into my buddie's truck for our pit.. but with no generator that would be useless, so yeah, think there'll be an outlet we could use?

Other than that, I have no more questions.. :)

Bob

MightyMidget
May 10th, 2003, 07:45 AM
just fill your tires up before you come........but FWIW I am not certain on the power thing....i am not sure what psi you run in your tires but ther are several people that would recommend you be very close to 40psi in each tire.....

S

Perilous_Enterprises
May 10th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Good enough, thnx for the tips, and we'll see you tomorow!

Bob

MightyMidget
May 10th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Perilous_Enterprises@May 10 2003, 06:48 AM
Good enough, thnx for the tips, and we'll see you tomorow!

Bob
no you wont......I will be going to fast!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

S

MightyMidget
May 10th, 2003, 03:25 PM
ok......i am stuck here at work and have done everythig that I have to so far and now I have some time on my hands.......

Is anyone else pumped about the auto-x tomorrow???? cause I cant wait.....I am gonna be so fas....errrr i mean slow ;) tomorrow that its gonna hurt.....

anyway did I mention that I cant wait to go auto exing tomorrow........BUT also remember that it is mothers day and make sure you do spend time with her!!!!!

peace out my brothas'.........blingity blang...yo shnizle yo fizzle homes

S

Perilous_Enterprises
May 10th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by schlong69@May 10 2003, 02:25 PM
ok......i am stuck here at work and have done everythig that I have to so far and now I have some time on my hands.......

Is anyone else pumped about the auto-x tomorrow???? cause I cant wait.....I am gonna be so fas....errrr i mean slow ;) tomorrow that its gonna hurt.....

anyway did I mention that I cant wait to go auto exing tomorrow........BUT also remember that it is mothers day and make sure you do spend time with her!!!!!

peace out my brothas'.........blingity blang...yo shnizle yo fizzle homes

S
I'm pumped.. havn't slept since wednesday actually :P (well, a bit here and there) And it's my intention to have the fastest Civic out there too.. ;) .. so beware! hehe

As for mothers day, I got her a rose, and I'ma lay it by her memorial.. hope she doesn't mind when I ask for some divine intervention for the run..

dang.. :(

Bob