PDA

View Full Version : MarketPlace RANT! Don't PM if you're not interested!!



stevemo600
April 27th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I just have to rant about "some" of the forums users and their utilization of the marketplace.

I've sold quite a few items on this board and for the most part, people have been a pleasure to transact with. My main concern is that if you're not interesting in an item that another member is selling in the marketplace, then don't waste the sellers time by PMing him/her saying you're interested.

This wastes the buyers time. I really don't understand why people express interest in something and then don't show up or don't communicate after the initial PM. If you don't want the item or aren't interested, that's fine, don't act like you are interested. I personally understand that circumstances change for some and for whatever reason, they're not able to follow through but I think this accounts for a small percentage of the deals that fall through.

If you're interested in something then great, follow up with the buyer with any questions or to arrange a time to meet. If you have no intention of buying, then don't waste your own and others time.

Thank you. *END RANT*

WorkInProgress
April 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM
You know what else really grinds my gears?

When I can't find the droids I'm looking for!

elrhyso
April 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM
haha yeah thats mostly 17 year old kids who don't even know what they're attempting to buy. same bench racers who talk about what they're "going to do" to their "cars"... i think we need a "user rating" like on beyond, so if people are dickheads you can tell it before you try to work out a purchase with them.

CanuckDave
April 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by stevemo600
If you have no intention of buying, then don't waste your own and others time.

Thank you. *END RANT*

Quoted for truth..

If you don't have the money to buy something, or are just asking questions for the sake of asking.. don't even bother sending that PM, you're wasting everybody's time.


Originally posted by elrhyso
i think we need a "user rating" like on beyond, so if people are dickheads you can tell it before you try to work out a purchase with them.

Agreed! a trader rating system would really, really help eliminate a lot of the crap from the marketplace, if people start getting a negative reputation because they screw around on buyers / sellings eventually people will realize and stop dealing with them.

This forum in general could really use an upgrade, Vbulletin has come a long way from version 2.x (its up to 3.6.x now) and has a lot of features now that would make this place a much better forum.

Stainless
April 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by stevemo600
I just have to rant about "some" of the forums users and their utilization of the marketplace.

I've sold quite a few items on this board and for the most part, people have been a pleasure to transact with. My main concern is that if you're not interesting in an item that another member is selling in the marketplace, then don't waste the sellers time by PMing him/her saying you're interested.

This wastes the buyers time. I really don't understand why people express interest in something and then don't show up or don't communicate after the initial PM. If you don't want the item or aren't interested, that's fine, don't act like you are interested. I personally understand that circumstances change for some and for whatever reason, they're not able to follow through but I think this accounts for a small percentage of the deals that fall through.

If you're interested in something then great, follow up with the buyer with any questions or to arrange a time to meet. If you have no intention of buying, then don't waste your own and others time.

Thank you. *END RANT*


PM'ed

Ayeso
April 27th, 2007, 08:49 PM
We could have a user feedback forum as well... where you can post negative / positive feedback based on buying and selling. It works fairly well on revscene.

Pnut
April 28th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Truth, i had Two people say "Hey, i'll take that xXxXxXx your selling, pm me your number so i can meet up with you this week", pm then my number and then nothing! Its so f'n annoying.

MOP_zero
April 29th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to appologize to anyone I have done that to.

In my defence. It's usually that I forget.

I think the problem lies in the fact that it is to easy to type up a PM. A reply is left optional.

If you had to phone a person to talk about a product, you would have to reply to the person on the other end when they said something to you.

b18c5crx
April 29th, 2007, 02:58 AM
if you arent willing to put up with it then you dont need to get rid of the item bad enough.

dwarfy123
April 29th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Man, I feel your frustration, ive been trying to sell my jeep, and the last 5 pms I have got, I replyed back with my number, and havent got one call.

Blaine B.
April 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ayeso
We could have a user feedback forum as well... where you can post negative / positive feedback based on buying and selling. It works fairly well on revscene.
It already exists on this forum, it is not exclusive to vendor feedback.

CanuckDave
April 30th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Another thing to add.. it'd be nice if people look at the dates on posts before PMing, I just got a PM about a car I sold over a year ago :lol:

stevemo600
May 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by b18c5crx
if you arent willing to put up with it then you dont need to get rid of the item bad enough.

I personally don't agree with this at all. Just because you want to sell something doesn't mean you should have to deal with people that are pulling you leg or pose as a member who's interested.


I'm not saying that this should be eliminated completely cause I know shit comes up and things change. It's just pure common sense IMO, if you're interested in something then follow up, if you have little intention of buying something then don't waste the other person's time.