PDA

View Full Version : Improving Asianet

KingKiong
August 14th, 2001, 07:44 PM
I think we should have a live chat. I mean, set it up like at TSN.ca where they say what time most people will be on the chat. Besides, not everybody likes to post on message boards

GirlRacer P1
August 14th, 2001, 08:04 PM
The chat idea is good, but I really do not think we need it right now. The site is still small enough that it is more intimate, and a lot of people on here are not hesitant on using the forums.

siopao
August 14th, 2001, 09:59 PM
intimate? u make it sound so sexual AHAHA jk

REFLUX
August 14th, 2001, 11:11 PM
i'll intimate u pabs!
make that tite ####### of urs REAL NICE & big
mmmmmm
but yea..we should wait till asianet gets as big as pab's ass...bigger...till a live chat is added

Chris Seto
August 14th, 2001, 11:12 PM
We may have a live chat in the future, but there are some problems with live chat that I don't agree with.

For instance, not everyone can be on at the same time, every day to chat. So participation will be limited.

Also the topics you chat about will be only be limited to the people in the chat room. We are trying to encourage a community here, that's why I think the Forums will be a better way to share information to everyone.

This is also the reason we don't make everyone register just to view the discussions. And also why we don't make everyone have to "Login", each time they visit. We prefer the "Open" feeling to the site.

Lastly chat programs eat up bandwidth, we can't afford to do that without advertisment. And I REALLY hate sites that have advertisements.

I would like to keep this site advertisement free for everyone to enjoy http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

TinmaN

REFLUX
August 14th, 2001, 11:34 PM
yea the advertisements get 2 me too
hey kinda off topic but do we stay newbies forever?
i'm jus curious 2 that status thing

siopao
August 15th, 2001, 12:24 PM
terry, u know u like it tite.

REFLUX
August 15th, 2001, 12:58 PM
ok pabs, we're havin a mature forum here, so i suggest u get ur "pre pubescent" bak to the "Misfiring system" forum
haha
oh & dont answer my last post bout the status thing..i kinda figured it out on my own
hehe dumb me http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

siopao
August 15th, 2001, 07:04 PM
fine then... hehehe

siopao
August 15th, 2001, 07:20 PM
i think u should add some more topics to the forums.. like mentioned earlier add a music topic or something.. umm i dunno... just make it more diverse so people of all ages can use it - i guess...

GirlRacer P1
August 15th, 2001, 07:59 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from siopao on 9:59 pm on Aug. 14, 2001
intimate? u make it sound so sexual AHAHA jk
[/b][/quote]

hehehe, you pervert!! I did not mean it like that. http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Chris Seto
August 16th, 2001, 12:11 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from siopao on 7:20 pm on Aug. 15, 2001
i think u should add some more topics to the forums.. like mentioned earlier add a music topic or something.. umm i dunno... just make it more diverse so people of all ages can use it - i guess...
[/b][/quote]

That's a good idea.. Perhaps give us some suggestions, and we'll make the top 5 suggestions into the next Voting question. The winning vote gets added to the Topics : )

siopao
August 16th, 2001, 12:54 PM
hmm right now i dont know... people help me think! ahah

girlracer: i wasn't being a pervert... what were YOU thinking? hahah by sexual i meant.... ummm... something not sick AHHAHA jk!

masterv
August 16th, 2001, 01:35 PM
whoa this whole asianet is taking down EO or sumting...diff layout but same thing just missing ppl's webpayges...meeting same ppl but new interesting ppl as well...keep up the goood work guys

siopao
August 17th, 2001, 10:16 AM
has anyone submitted they're "rides" besides cairo?

REFLUX
August 18th, 2001, 12:26 PM
yea i submitted my ride:

Year- 1983
Color- Yellow
Style- Filipino
Car Nickname - Paolo Virata
Riding Style - Doggy
Licence Plate - BITCH

GirlRacer P1
August 18th, 2001, 11:37 PM
I am hoping to see an Impreza on the readers rides.

siopao: hehe, rigggght you were not thinking of something sick... Coming to the autocross tomorrow?

Optiplex
August 19th, 2001, 09:14 PM
You should hook up with other sites and do a promotional thing...that way you'll get more users to your site.

Like here in Toronto, the Toronto Street Racing site seems to team up with a lot of other sites to get people joining them. Anywho...just some ideas from the east.

siopao
August 20th, 2001, 12:10 PM
optiplex is right... that's actually a really good idea.. now asianet just has to find some places to "hook up" with

and girlracer, nah i couldn't go.. i had to work http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

HondaDude
August 27th, 2001, 01:55 PM
how about some Java or CGI type of mini racing games or Snake

KingKiong
August 27th, 2001, 04:23 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from HondaDude on 1:55 pm on Aug. 27, 2001
how about some Java or CGI type of mini racing games or Snake[/b][/quote]

yah asianet can use a game in rpmworld.com. it is a shockwave drag racing game i believe...

asianet can also get more people to do the website other than just mark and chris. people can do the rides, top 10 music, etc... besides, i dont think mark and chris are on asianet all the time. just check their post counts...