PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Sucks?? Anyone agree

HondaDude
August 25th, 2001, 01:40 PM
lots of pot holes, lots of jerks, lots of crazy and bad drivers, too many Photo Radar and red Cam..

Scintillater
August 25th, 2001, 06:28 PM
As a former Calgarian (yay Calgary!), yes, I'd have to say Edmonton sucks. But it's got its ups i guess...just none of them have to do with the roads! *hahahah* Not the greatest city to race in. But...friends are good here, and of course, who could forget the mall?http://www.asianet.ca/images/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif? *HAHAHAHAHA*

REFLUX
August 25th, 2001, 06:48 PM
whenever someone asks you
"what's there to do? it's edmonton"
you say
"move"

GirlRacer P1
August 25th, 2001, 07:29 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from REFLUX on 6:48 pm on Aug. 25, 2001
whenever someone asks you
"what's there to do? it's edmonton"
you say
"move"[/b][/quote]

How true....

Talented
August 26th, 2001, 03:10 AM
Edmonton's not that bad.. At least we have tonnes of festivals etc during the summer. Those are always fun to go visit.

Genki
August 26th, 2001, 03:20 AM
I like it here too.. Nice and quiet...

These roads arent bad.. especially when you compare to the crap they have in the states..

KingKiong
August 26th, 2001, 08:37 AM
edmonton's not bad. its just not an exciting place. too many flat roads....

Alily
August 26th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Edmonton's not too bad -- it's just not a place for young people. No nightlife and not a lot of places to see. I think someone said that you could see everything in Edmonton in less than a day! Sad.

Racoon
August 26th, 2001, 07:29 PM
I've never been in Edmonton before, to be honest, I've never been to western Canada before. Is it worth visiting one day and I have the money?

(Edited by Racoon at 7:30 pm on Aug. 26, 2001)

2bCEO
August 26th, 2001, 10:59 PM
It doesn't matter where you live, you get bored of it eventually...
As for Cal town, plleease, what do you do there for fun, riding cattles? I see your point if you live in Vancouer or something...
I think it all depends on the people you hang out with and what you do for fun...

GirlRacer P1
August 27th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Yea, Calgary is quite horrible. Well, the mountain view is pretty, but the roads are terrible! I get so lost driving in Calgary! and their bubble tea sucks too.

TurboBlueNX
August 27th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Calgary Sucks, I spent one weekend there and my car gets broken into on the second night.

Property is ridiculously expensive, the people are snobby,and everything is expensive.

Double for Vancouver, the Vancouver nightlife is dying out too.

KingKiong
August 27th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Calgary is boring. Its dirty when i last went there and the food is disgusting. Its so oily and greasy.

Vancouver is okay. It has at least interesting stuff to do. And the sky-train is cool...

HondaDude
August 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
hehe Just found out Yesterday, Edmonto is far more better than Cow Town... the Foods and Peoples there sucks. Edmonton have wider road and the Air smell so good here... with exceptional of Skunk smell

KingKiong
August 27th, 2001, 04:17 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from HondaDude on 12:56 pm on Aug. 27, 2001
hehe Just found out Yesterday, Edmonto is far more better than Cow Town... the Foods and Peoples there sucks. Edmonton have wider road and the Air smell so good here... with exceptional of Skunk smell[/b][/quote]

I think Vancouver has cleaner air because they are near the ocean. How can people think Edmonton and Alberta's air in general be clean. In one of the past edmonton journals, edmonton and calgary is in the top 5 for worst air quality among big cities in canada...

Ray1
August 27th, 2001, 05:01 PM
calgary and edmonton are ok. but england in is much better. Theres at least 2 times as much people in london alone than there is in edmonton, calgary and van. put together! So r roads r much smaller than ur but at least we get good cars!!!!

TurboBlueNX
August 27th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Vancouver is nice, but the roads and environment is harsh on a car...

Cops are way too anal in Van as well.

CYA
August 28th, 2001, 10:59 AM
i don't think any of those places (calgary, edmonton, vancouver) suck... compare what we have here versus some third world country. we're lucky we even have roads... yeah potholes suck but gotta look at the positive side of things.

my 2 cents.

cya

Slanted Eyes
August 28th, 2001, 11:12 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from TurboBlueNX on 7:39 pm on Aug. 27, 2001
Vancouver is nice, but the roads and environment is harsh on a car...

Cops are way too anal in Van as well.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah but they have "To Serve and Protect"!

TurboBlueNX
August 28th, 2001, 09:41 PM
Where do you think that show gets all of it's footage from?... VANCOUVER!

Don't get me wrong, I like Edmonton jsut the way it is.

Slanted Eyes
August 29th, 2001, 09:30 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from TurboBlueNX on 1:41 am on Aug. 29, 2001
Where do you think that show gets all of it's footage from?... VANCOUVER!

Don't get me wrong, I like Edmonton jsut the way it is.[/b][/quote]

No duh TurboBlueNX - that's the point I was trying to make! :-)