Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1401 of 1402 FirstFirst ... 4019011301135113911399140014011402 LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,609 of 12612

Thread: Most recent shot of your car!

Thanks

I'm always hesitant to buy used cars from any any other than private because i see dealerships/brokers/etc as a place where people can dump their problems on to someone else. I wonder if this place actually performs a legit mechanical inspection on a vehicle before taking it in?

You'll never know if maintenance was performed properly just as an example. Person could have driven it with no oil changes its entire life.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 815 Posts

Seeing as it's a BMW... And most BMW owners get dealership service... It would be pretty easy to go take a look at the vehicle, grab the vin# off the door plate, and then call Edmonton BMW to get the service history.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty VRX - Bush basher
    90 Mitsubishi Pajero Ute - The project
    89 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Pavement Princess
    89 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed - The donor

Thanks

^^ looks amazing. i would love to visit autralia oneday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Seeing as it's a BMW... And most BMW owners get dealership service... It would be pretty easy to go take a look at the vehicle, grab the vin# off the door plate, and then call Edmonton BMW to get the service history.
    This is probably a large % of BMW owners.

Then again, there are some people that are so rich and so lazy when it comes to vehicles, they don't care about maintenance because they'll just trade the car in 1-2 years down the road. I have a friend -super rich. Won't say what he's in or what he does, but he's turbo rich. He drives a merc e63. He refuses to bring it to a dealership because every time he does, they want $2000-$3000 from him. He actually brought his car to my friend who's a merc mechanic to fix his car up at a side-job rate... and my friend is a millionaire lol what's he gonna do when he's done with his unmaintained car? Trade it in.

Or, you might not be able to find any maintenance anything on the vehicle as are the owners that have their vehicles maintained elsewhere because they don't care to pay dealership rates. Or, they might not even have had it maintained at all see as how they can trade it in and make it not their problem anymore. Can they afford to maintain it? Yes. Why don't they? Because they can save thousands of dollars over the course of the first two years depending how much they drive.

The latter groups make me weary about buying used cars.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post

The latter groups make me weary about buying used cars.
    There is always a huge risk with buying a used car from dealer or private.

One thing that I like about buying privately is that it is usually pretty easy to tell how it was treated. If I go to look at a used car and the interior is disgusting or the paint is swirled to shit and oil is dirty etc. Pretty good idea how it was driven.

Whereas, with a dealer, they clean it properly, half ass polish it and the oil is normally fresh. It is a little more tough to tell unless the body is just beat up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 815 Posts

You can usually tell what a vehicle is like from a test drive. Not like, 5 minutes up and down the strip in front of the dealership, I normally ask to take a vehicle for half a day, or half a week. They seem to have stopped allowing that.

At any rate... You can TRY to find service history, and if there is one, great. If not, perhaps look for something else.

The thing with me is, I'm harder on vehicles than probably 99% of the population. That being said, I'm very strict with doing maintenance properly and on-time. I bag my shit, but I also look after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Put on an evotech tail tidy on one of the bikes. Cleans up the rear end a lot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DCRyan For This Useful Post:

JoshP2002 (February 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    You can usually tell what a vehicle is like from a test drive. Not like, 5 minutes up and down the strip in front of the dealership, I normally ask to take a vehicle for half a day, or half a week. They seem to have stopped allowing that.

At any rate... You can TRY to find service history, and if there is one, great. If not, perhaps look for something else.

The thing with me is, I'm harder on vehicles than probably 99% of the population. That being said, I'm very strict with doing maintenance properly and on-time. I bag my shit, but I also look after it.
    i drive my Evo to hell and back, but i also make sure the maintenance is always done on time and by the dealer, cause i cant be bothered to do it