FirstGear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

View Poll Results: Is it ok for a married women to text with other men?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • She can talk to as many as she wants.

32 23.36%
  • No, that is wrong.

41 29.93%
  • Yes, if they're life long friends.

52 37.96%
  • Other opinions. Please post to clarify.

12 8.76%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Married women texting other men.

Default Married women texting other men.

I was talking with a co-worker and he mentioned that his wife has 4-5 guy friends that she texts or talks to on BBM on a regular basis. That shocked me a little bit as IMO that's not acceptable. 1 or maybe 2 life long guy friends would be fine, but 5-6 guys? Some are even the significant other of her girlfriend's.

Maybe I need a lesson in trust, but I think she's definitely up to good and think the guy should start paying attention.

Edit: To add some facts to the post for Mike. Lol

-If it matters (which I think it does) the guys wife is ridiculously hot.
    -None of the guys are guys she was friends with before they were married over 10 years ago.
    -She's a stay at home mom and has never had a job in her life.

How would you guys react, or feel about that if you were married?
    Last edited by EDISKRAD EHT; October 26th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Castrol Strip: 11.2@128 (Goat), 10.5@140 (R1), 11.2@125 (R6)
    Castrol Road Course: 1:24.7 (R6)
    Stratotech: 1:00.7 (R6)

Quote Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post
    I was talking with a co-worker and he mentioned that his wife has 4-5 guy friends that she texts or talks to on BBM on a regular basis. That shocked me a little bit as IMO that's not acceptable. 1 or maybe 2 life long guy friends would be fine, but 5-6 guys? Some are even the significant other of her girlfriend's.

Maybe I need a lesson in trust, but I think she's definitely up to good and thinh the guy should start paying attention.

How would you guys react, or feel about that if you were married?
    Who cares…..

If anyone has an issue with this they have trust issues.

What is not to say these 4-5 guy friends act as great resources for information, entertainment, etc. IMO life is too short to worry about this stuff. If the guy has an issue he can always ask her. How she responds with her body language, tone of voice, and actions will tell it right there.

If it was worst case scenario he could always find and bang a better girl.

I don't think it would be too big of an issue if they're life long friends.. Some girls prefer to have male friends because there is less BS to put up with.

If you two goto the bar and she gets a phone number and starts conversations...then I would be concerned. Lol.

I have married female friends that I text and hang out with, no big deal really. We're just that: friends.

There's 5-6 women that I keep in contact with via SMS and my Wife has no issues with that.

It really comes down to trust. If you cannot trust your partner with something like this then it's probably best to end your relationship now...

Quote Originally Posted by GOT BOOST View Post
    Who cares…..

If anyone has an issue with this they have trust issues.

What is not to say these 4-5 guy friends act as great resources for information, entertainment, etc. IMO life is too short to worry about this stuff. If the guy has an issue he can always ask her. How she responds with her body language, tone of voice, and actions will tell it right there.

If it was worst case scenario he could always find and bang a better girl.
    So you're saying it would be ok for your wife to meet new guys and start chatting with them over text messaging?

Quote Originally Posted by raxe View Post
    I have married female friends that I text and hang out with, no big deal really. We're just that: friends.
    How long have you known them for? I think that is a huge factor IMO.

men and women = not friends

or i have trust issues... who cares, that's how i roll
    SIG deleted by moderator. Please follow Sig Guidelines

interested in trying wild meat? or hunting? send me a message

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Goddamn, the wealth of advice from Fish_e_o is always astounding!
    __

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus7 View Post
    There's 5-6 women that I keep in contact with via SMS and my Wife has no issues with that.

It really comes down to trust. If you cannot trust your partner with something like this then it's probably best to end your relationship now...
    Of those 5-6 women are some of them your wife's girlfriends that you met through your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post
    So you're saying it would be ok for your wife to meet new guys and start chatting with them over text messaging?

How long have you known them for? I think that is a huge factor IMO.
    You mentioned nothing about her just meeting these guys and started texting them. Time to get your facts lined up.