Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 09 Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by LAFNGAS View Post
    as it sits the magnacharger will be good for 1100ish crank.

You'd need to be spinning the hell out of that thing, and have quite a few supporting mods to get that kind of power out of one.

Edit: Regardless, the torque off the line with the PD blower and the AWD is going to be pretty nutty. How are the drivetrains holding up in the GCSRT's with big power?
    Last edited by EDISKRAD EHT; November 13th, 2010 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
    The tail lights are a bit too dark for my liking. But it is still pretty clean. Props.
    they are dark but you can see the lights just perfect and still very bright when turned on

Quote Originally Posted by IRON MAN View Post
    Sick SRT. What made you decide to go with the 180 Tstat? I was told it's not a good idea when you have cold winters here. I was gonna install one on mine but was steered away from it. Also what was the price on the Borla installed? I was looking at that exhaust but decided to go with the cut-outs instead.. can't wait
    went with the 180 cause the 6.1's run warm and have heatsoak badly, havent had 1 issue with the t stat last winter and highly doubt ill have an issue this year as well.

id have to get pricing, i dont remember what the exhaust cost me as it was right after i bought the jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post
    You'd need to be spinning the hell out of that thing, and have quite a few supporting mods to get that kind of power out of one.

Edit: Regardless, the torque off the line with the PD blower and the AWD is going to be pretty nutty. How are the drivetrains holding up in the GCSRT's with big power?
    will have a 7.x stroker thats fully built/headers and everything on it. the drivetrains hold out pretty good til about 600awhp and then the tranny is pretty upset with life. so when the stroker goes in, im throwing in the flexplate/built tranny at the same time and probably the transfer case and will be good for awhile until i gotta fix the rear end

Built engine, bigger turbos and a whole lot more boost coming for 2018......... Bring on 9's

holy shit, which bank did you knock over to pay for all this??? hahaha. Why not just buy a Gallardo with a lift-kit....

will have a 7.x stroker thats fully built/headers and everything on it. the drivetrains hold out pretty good til about 600awhp and then the tranny is pretty upset with life. so when the stroker goes in, im throwing in the flexplate/built tranny at the same time and probably the transfer case and will be good for awhile until i gotta fix the rear end

Not a bad way to sink about 25K into your truck.

Looking forward to the build.

Edit: You can get over a liter of displacement on a stroker out of those motors? Crazy
    Last edited by EDISKRAD EHT; November 13th, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EDISKRAD EHT View Post
    Not a bad way to sink about 25K into your truck.

Looking forward to the build.

Edit: You can get over a liter of displacement on a stroker out of those motors? Crazy
    i shouldnt have to spend the 25k, but still gonna be a bit. i already have someone thats going to buy my stock engine/tranny and such so its a bit of an offset of the price and through our shop we get a decent pricing on everything

Built engine, bigger turbos and a whole lot more boost coming for 2018......... Bring on 9's

Quote Originally Posted by blkfairldy View Post
    holy shit, which bank did you knock over to pay for all this??? hahaha. Why not just buy a Gallardo with a lift-kit....
    i got a good job and am pretty good with $/spending habits

dont do the lift kit due to the areodynamics going to complete hell lol

i shouldnt have to spend the 25k, but still gonna be a bit. i already have someone thats going to buy my stock engine/tranny and such so its a bit of an offset of the price and through our shop we get a decent pricing on everything

Oh, so it's an aftermarket or modified stock block?

yeah, you can do the stroker to the stock block but im leaning towards getting one of the all aluminum blocks cause its got more meat to begin with and is also 100lbs lighter.

most guys just buy the engine and such and then just return their stock one for the block/heads/intake manifold core but we are going to take my stock engine/tranny and swap it into my friends father in laws 70 challenger

I had no idea the Hemis were an iron block.

I'm glad I ask all these questions. Learned something new today.