Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 09 Jeep SRT8

Built engine, bigger turbos and a whole lot more boost coming for 2018......... Bring on 9's

This thing is crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    instagram @t0ster24

Yeeehaaaaa your Killin it! Showing those Camaros and mustangs who's boss

killing it is right, something let out a loud bang/clunk on that 11.98 @ 94.xx mph run so i let off/trailered it home.

did spin, tire pressure when hot was like 35-38 psi pending how long i let it sit for. only thing i did for tracking it was pop hood, turn the stage 6 qa1's 4 notches (setting 13) and then run.

thinking i'll get this issue figured out and then ill just throw on a ported intake manifold with machining for the 90+mm tb and setup the pcv system and do a proper boost controller.

i was expecting more and even then i was full interior/like 1/2 tank of fuel, tires not aired down or anything else.

still surprised alot of people and i know with bill im in good hands so we shall see what comes of it, hell maybe over winter a fully built engine will go in and then i might be able to bypass the 10's entirely haha

Built engine, bigger turbos and a whole lot more boost coming for 2018......... Bring on 9's

disappointed with the start of this year, sent my manifold for some work for the 90mm tb however ups yard saled it and broke it to all hell by snapping one of the fuel rail mounts off of it and then it actually cracked the flange which would be sealed by the intake gasket. had to buy a new core and should have it by the end of the week then its off for powdercoating and then reinstall.

with that said, all the jeep is getting is a proper boost controller and setting it to 8psi for pump gas, will jump it to 12-14 with race fuel and having a proper pcv system built including a breather can to help with any pressure on the crank case, might look into a vacuum pump to aid in helping that as well

should be a fun year once its back together and cant wait to disappoint some people locally

so i got a tiny bit of an update, manifold all finished up and going back together, still have a massive list of little things i need to do though

little 2017 update:

put in a built engine, swapped the 6262's to the bigger 6766's and on 8psi ran a best of a 10.71 @ 127mph. Unfortunately found out that my converter was a bit too loose and it wouldn't lock up so couldn't add more boost or run any faster

here's my 10.91 @ 124mph run, didn't get a video of the 10.71

got a couple things sorted out and see what 2018 brings

Reminds me of Dino’s 8 second srt. Sick build man.
    Sammy K.
    [IMG]Photobucket is gay[/IMG]
    4.2L G35 Coupe 6MT TT
    18 TLX A Spec
    اَللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنَـا واهْدِ بِنَا واجْعَلْنَـا سبباً لِمَنِ اهْتَدَى

so far 2018 has been some tweaks and getting everything sorted out.

the 10.71 @ 127mph on 8psi was done with..... passenger wastegate stuck open (now fixed), converter not locking up as it was too loose (swapped to a superpro transmission and the much tighter converter), couple pre turbo exhaust leaks (fixed)

also for 2018 i installed a scavenge pump and a reservoir for the oil to drain into. that has stopped any smoking/oil issues thus far as with the stroker, we removed the oem piston squirters so oil pressure went up a tiny bit.

for peace of mind and with E85 looking like it might be available more, im also swapping my dual fuel pump Fore hat to a triple pump loaded with 3x 450lph pumps

ready to finish up tuning and make some passes on double digit boost and get deep into the 10's and still hunting for that 9 at the end of the day