Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Injector cleaning in Edmonton

Thanks

Before it was sold, Cali Automotive at Ottwell Road/ 98 ave used to do injectors. I brought my car once to get worked on by the new owners and will never trust them to do engine work again. But if injectors are pulled, should just be a flat rate if they still have the machines.

Sea-Foam is a good all-in-one treatment for engines as well. In oil before oil change, in fuel to clean fuel system and in a vac hose off the intake to clean the internals of the head.
    Made of a blend of naptha and other cleaners, you run the engine hot for a while with it in the oil (say, 25km of hot oil driving), cleans injectors of fuel varnishing and small particles that are disolveable and the intake, valves and piston crowns if used correctly. Napa carries, Crappy tire has started as well.
    It's good for restoring lost compression on older or higher mile engines. Better compression is more power, less fuel.

Thanks

Try hi-tech seals for the orings.

http://www.hitechseals.com/locations.asp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MX5 Miata Guy View Post
    Hence why you use it before an oil change.
    still doesnt change the fact that youre dumping a lot of potentially corrosive shit through your engine.

Thanks

I see it as dumping $10 an oil change into the motor. If 4 injectors are $80 to clean, you save about half of what those crappy gas cleaners cost and as far as clean injectors go you can't compare to a professional injector clean. It is just a waste imo because i'd remove them and get them cleaned regardless of using that stuff.

Thanks

I just had all mine done in Kelowna. I paid $25 per injector and got a print out of each injector to show the flow and how close they were to each other.

Thanks

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=80&pcid=12

it sounds decent but can never be as good as professional external cleaning as well as a flow test report in your hands to know how well or not that they flow.
    Turbo lag is worth the wait!!

Thanks

Default AMSOIL fuel system cleaner

Hi, AMSOIL carries a product called PI ( Performance Improver ). Its $13 tax included and they guarantee to increase your fuel mileage by about 3-5% if the vehicle has more than 40,000km on it and not had a cleaning done prior. I have some of bottles at home. It cleans the combustion chamber, the injectors, the valves, etc. My friends have used it and they liked the results. There are other brands selling something similar. If your not happy with the results there is a money back guarantee from AMSOIL.

If you want one let me know. Just add it to your tank next time you fill up and empty the tank before you fill up again. Simple.

If you store your ride for the winter make sure you use a fuel stabilizer also which amsoil also carries.

Al

Thanks

Well, considering these companies can run straight cleaner through the injectors vs a person running it mixed with gas in a car, I'd rather go through a company. I'm not sure if that's actually how it's done but I'm sure they use more concentrated stuff. Plus, getting them flow tested is nice.

Does anyone know what psi they test at? If I recall, my fuel pressure stock is around 45 psi.

Also, do they rate your spray pattern? I want to know that my modified injectors atomize everything well.
    Last edited by Scourge; March 3rd, 2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
    Oh, you have a diesel? Tell me how badly you can beat a 4 cylinder.
    To be continued...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raceready68 View Post
    Where did you get yours tested ?
    Same place, Fuel Injection Plus. The testing was only $5 or something per injector.

Quote Originally Posted by easyguy71 View Post
    Before it was sold, Cali Automotive at Ottwell Road/ 98 ave used to do injectors. I brought my car once to get worked on by the new owners and will never trust them to do engine work again. But if injectors are pulled, should just be a flat rate if they still have the machines.
    Cali still exists, he's over just off Whyte Ave. now, on the opposite side of the train tracks from where the Iron Horse was. Harry is a great guy and I always recommend people go to him for general repair work. I can't say enough good about him, he's one of the few honest mechanics left out there.
    Matt H.

Your 780 Amsoil dealer. Click sig pic to find your oil in the product lookup guide and text or phone me for pricing. 780-265-2365.