FirstGear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 30

Thread: Tint

  1. #1

    Default Tint

    Got a tint ticket for 57 bucks today on the north side. The cop said that my car is now "marked" and if I am pulled over for tint again the fine will be higher. What is the max fine for having illegal tint?

    I tried following the fines link but its broken

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spruce Grove,
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    anytime i have been ticketed for tint it has been $115

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterton Estates, Sherwood Park
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    first offense is 57$, second is higher, then higher, etc.

    i dont know if there is a maximum...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spruce Grove,
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MS3 View Post
    first offense is 57$, second is higher, then higher, etc.

    i dont know if there is a maximum...
    I have only ever payed 115.. That's all. And I've had like 8 tickets..

  5. #5

    Default

    Someone that works with my mom just got a tint ticket, it was $57 ish. What pisses her off is that the truck was just bought brand new the day before at a Ford dealership, no aftermarket tint was added, it was a 2011 Ford Superduty Diesel. IMO, that person should not have to pay a tint ticket on a brand new truck less than 24 hours old. Either the police officer just wanted to give out a ticket, or Ford are selling vehicles that dont conform to the traffic safety code.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by befarrer View Post
    Someone that works with my mom just got a tint ticket, it was $57 ish. What pisses her off is that the truck was just bought brand new the day before at a Ford dealership, no aftermarket tint was added, it was a 2011 Ford Superduty Diesel. IMO, that person should not have to pay a tint ticket on a brand new truck less than 24 hours old. Either the police officer just wanted to give out a ticket, or Ford are selling vehicles that dont conform to the traffic safety code.
    As far as I knew if its tinted at the factory then that is legal, if they tint it in the dealership then I dont think its legal? Is that correct? Anyways I think it all depends if the cops have anything better to do or not lol.

    My 06' 2500 has tint on the back window and sides (its a single cab) and Ive never had problems with it, mind you its not super dark only on the back to keep sun out. I plan on tinting my 180sx all around this summer if I keep it, if you tint it knowingly then just pay the ticket when you get one and be happy the police officer didnt peel your tint off for you lol. But that new truck ticket seems strange

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvoBEAST View Post
    I have only ever payed 115.. That's all. And I've had like 8 tickets..
    I wish I could find it. I've actually taken it to court personally and won.

    It's referred to as "Glazed Windows" and under the traffic safety law. Now i'm going to have to go digging for it to find these cheaper fine...

    OP, could you list the charge information on here?
    summer toy: 2003 Z33

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spruce Grove,
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAvery View Post
    I wish I could find it. I've actually taken it to court personally and won.

    It's referred to as "Glazed Windows" and under the traffic safety law. Now i'm going to have to go digging for it to find these cheaper fine...

    OP, could you list the charge information on here?
    mine said improper vehicle equipment or something along those lines.. and it was 115, each time.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MS3 View Post
    first offense is 57$, second is higher, then higher, etc.

    i dont know if there is a maximum...


    No.


    It just depends on what the Officer writes it up as.

    If they give you a $57 "Tint" ticket, then they were being nice. It's been years and years since I've received one, but the one officer explained that part of it to me.

    Castrol Strip: 11.2@128 (Goat), 10.5@140 (R1), 11.2@125 (R6)
    Castrol Road Course: 1:24.7 (R6)
    Stratotech: 1:00.7 (R6)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •