Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 780 Cookbook

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator

Three different types of salmon made easy but the baking remains the same

Clean Salmon fillets
    Pre- Heat oven to 370*C (this is the optimal temperature for my shitty ass oven, YMMV)
    Spray non-stick into two (or three oven proof baking corningware casserole dish)
    Cut salmon into preferred sizes and place in dishes
    Smear sauce of choice on the top and sides of each fillet
    Bake for 20-25 min depending on your preference.

Sauces I usually use are:

Garlic black bean sauce Salmon (usually found in the asian section of superstore for a few bucks)
    Sometimes, just some smoked sea salt is fine served with a side of lemon, dill, and mayo whipped together.
    Teriyaki sauce
    Korean style BBQ sauce

This same formula also makes chicken very well (thighs, back removed from Costco)

Only thing that varies is the baking time, after 25 min, I usually start to babysit every 5 min to make sure they are not overdone.

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

This recipe is stellar.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/71963/dashs-donair/

^--- the ones I made last night. Seriously beat the meat. Hard. Numerous times. Gets the air out, makes it more dense. Then cool it off after it's cooked - it slices a lot better, fry it up and savour it.

Oh, and triple the recipe for meat. I always make 3lb of donair meat minimum. Worst case scenario is you have some leftover and make donair poutine the next day.

On that note, make 4lb.

Doesn't get much better than serving up guests the meat that you beat with a little sweet sauce that you whisked.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.