Ming Shine

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 959 of 962 FirstFirst ... 459859909949957958959960961 ... LastLast
Results 8,623 to 8,631 of 8654

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

  1. #8623
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Who did you go with? Hunter Douglas?
    I'm interested in who their competitor is because I'd imagine they may be substantially cheaper and might be a good value.
    Budget Blinds is where I got my shit from. Like $3000 all-in for blackout blinds with the honey comb shape shit. All blinds can be done up from the top and bottom.

    Had em for 5 years now with no issues.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  2. #8624
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJames View Post
    trucks are something id buy used 100%. i don't think i could swallow the cost of a brand new truck
    It also depends on how used and what the interest rates are. New was actually cheaper than anything gently used (40,000km or less) after working out 0% on new vs 1.9% on used for example.
    Model View Caffeine

  3. #8625
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,552

    Default

    So... I've got this brilliant idea. I think. I'll run it by you guys first, so you can tell me how stupid I actually am. Dodge has 30% off right now, on brand new in-stock 2017 RAM 1500's. But what I really want is a RAM 2500. Say I'm looking at a RAM 1500 advertised right now, MSRP @ $52,000 on sale for $35,000. Could a guy go buy the truck for $35,000... Wait a month until the deal is over... And then go trade it back in on a RAM 2500? Presumably the basically brand new RAM 1500 would have a black book value close to $50K... Leaving you with $15,000 positive equity on the truck. Then roll that positive equity into a discount on the 2500?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  4. #8626
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    So... I've got this brilliant idea. I think. I'll run it by you guys first, so you can tell me how stupid I actually am. Dodge has 30% off right now, on brand new in-stock 2017 RAM 1500's. But what I really want is a RAM 2500. Say I'm looking at a RAM 1500 advertised right now, MSRP @ $52,000 on sale for $35,000. Could a guy go buy the truck for $35,000... Wait a month until the deal is over... And then go trade it back in on a RAM 2500? Presumably the basically brand new RAM 1500 would have a black book value close to $50K... Leaving you with $15,000 positive equity on the truck. Then roll that positive equity into a discount on the 2500?
    Sounds way too good to be true, so... No.
    No one is paying that $52k at any time of the year, so I don't think the Black Book will tell you the story you want to hear.

  5. #8627
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    yea i cant see that working in your favour. if you traded it in, even with the truck being $35K, they will still maybe offer you like 25 i'd imagine

  6. #8628
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,552

    Default

    You really think they'd try to offer $25K for a brand new $50K truck? I'm not saying trade it in at the same dealer where I bought it. Trade it in somewhere else. All they'll know is that it's a brand new 2017. Not what I paid for it. They'd simply offer what the truck is worth?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  7. #8629
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    You really think they'd try to offer $25K for a brand new $50K truck? I'm not saying trade it in at the same dealer where I bought it. Trade it in somewhere else. All they'll know is that it's a brand new 2017. Not what I paid for it. They'd simply offer what the truck is worth?
    Ok, but the truck might only be worth $25k because no one has ever paid $52k for that truck, ever.

  8. #8630
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,552

    Default

    You think people are getting 30% off MSRP all the time? I doubt it. List price is $52K, so maybe they could haggle down to high 40's when there are no rebates on...
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  9. #8631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    You think people are getting 30% off MSRP all the time? I doubt it. List price is $52K, so maybe they could haggle down to high 40's when there are no rebates on...
    maybe someone needs to explain this to me. I thought on a new vehicle sale, they typically only make like a couple thousand on the sale. A 50k msrp truck might sell for 43k but only makes around 3k profit. (Not including financing, warranty etc.) Even if the 30% off is discounted from msrp, you are getting that truck for 35k. Does this mean they are selling at a loss? if so, why?
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •