Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 994 of 1011 FirstFirst ... 4948949449849929939949959961004 ... LastLast
Results 8,938 to 8,946 of 9091

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Thanks

interior on the evo is basic yea, like extremely basic, but thats why i liked it. i drove a brand new '15 STI before i bought my car. i like it, but i felt like i was driving a Cadillac, felt like a massive boat. so much shit going on in the interior also, again, it was nice, but deff wasn't something i was looking for at the time.
    plus literally everyone and their fucking dog has a god damn WRX/STI, i wanted to go a diff route, and also not having to go under the car to do basic spark plug maintenance was a huge thing for me. but now im at a point in life i can't be bothered to do my own maintenance and just take it to the dealer for everything minus mods now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJames View Post
    and also not having to go under the car to do basic spark plug maintenance was a huge thing for me
    How often do you do spark plug maintenance that it actually became a buying factor for a shitsubishi over a subaru?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrho View Post
    Maybe it's because people are realizing why bother paying for the boy racer look and high insurance premiums of a WRX when you can get a similar package in a more sleeper look
    If you are over 25 and don't drive like a idiot and have a million demerits insurance is super cheap regardless of the vehicle.

I won't comment on the car choice, because both are just as fugly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QPDO View Post
    How often do you do spark plug maintenance that it actually became a buying factor for a shitsubishi over a subaru?!
    your clearly missing the big picture, thats just one thing, valve cover gasket(S) coil packs, just a few things that are super simple in any other car, become that much more of a hassle. and not to mention you see literally almost every single WRX/STI used car ad "engine replaced at XX K's"
    meanwhile i can have 500AWHP in a stock block evo and not be worried about fucking shit up.... as much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Other than shitty engines the only thing I hear about Subaru is how shitty the interior is. Is an Evo that much worse to even matter?
    When you look at what each car does,itís clear. They are both very hopped up entry level cars for each brand. You get killer performance for the price. But with that price nothing is done to improve the interior. I went the evo route because it was better driver for me. It had a cheep interior but so did the STI.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJames View Post
    your clearly missing the big picture, thats just one thing, valve cover gasket(S) coil packs, just a few things that are super simple in any other car, become that much more of a hassle. and not to mention you see literally almost every single WRX/STI used car ad "engine replaced at XX K's"
    meanwhile i can have 500AWHP in a stock block evo and not be worried about fucking shit up.... as much
    I'm still curious: If you're at the age in your life where you can't be bothered to do basic maintenance yourself and would rather take it to the dealership, why would any of the maintenance items you mentioned be a consideration when deciding between a sti and evo?
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the_fornicator For This Useful Post:

DCRyan (December 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

Because when you're paying 160 a hour dealer rate, pull engine or dropsubframe starts to hurt pretty fast. Plus ej25s are heaps of shit. As shitty as mitsubishis are they did make one reliable car even when modded.

But am I literally the only one that can change plugs on a Subaru in <30 minutes? Just remove the shit next to the engine on both sides and you can get your tools and hands in there fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Because when you're paying 160 a hour dealer rate, pull engine or dropsubframe starts to hurt pretty fast. Plus ej25s are heaps of shit. As shitty as mitsubishis are they did make one reliable car even when modded.

But am I literally the only one that can change plugs on a Subaru in <30 minutes? Just remove the shit next to the engine on both sides and you can get your tools and hands in there fine.
    15 minutes flat on a GD.

10 minutes on my GR because more room and less shit on it.

People shit on Subarus but how many more EJ255/257's have been made compared to Mitsubishi 4g63 or 4b11T. I bet the failure rates are close percentage wise.

Thanks

I miss my eagle talon.

that shit was loads of fun 15 years ago.