Raczer

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 996 of 1011 FirstFirst ... 4968969469869949959969979981006 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,964 of 9091

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJames View Post
    just jumped on that rogers promo plan that everyone else is offering, feels amazing to cut my phone bill nearly in half. i havent had a regular phone bill under $100 in over 2 years
    I haven't had a phone bill in 6yrs. #Winning.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QPDO For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (December 20th, 2017), DCRyan (December 19th, 2017)

Thanks

i wish i had that kinda job

Thanks

I COULD use my work phone for personal... but I don't plan on sticking around at this job for long enough for it to matter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shermanem1 View Post
    I COULD use my work phone for personal... but I don't plan on sticking around at this job for long enough for it to matter.
    same.

i have a great phone number and have had it for over 10 years and dont really want to lose it.

my work pays half my phone bill too so its not reallya big deal.

Thanks

My phone bill is $77 and change for 6GB a month so I'm all like meh. It's a good deal, but I am way too lazy to switch.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

It's not that amazing of a deal really. You're ineligible for discounted phones on that 10gig plan. If you go over data it's 80$ a gig overage cost. So from a normal 120$ plan you save 1440$ in the run of 2 years(length of contract), if you factor a new phone to cost 1000$ which is probably cheap for a phone in 2 years time. You're only saving about 600$ in 2 years time if that's how often you upgrade phones(most people upgrade at start of new contract). Savings is savings, but people are making that 60$ plan out to be WAY better than it actually is.

If you're one of those people that loses or breaks a phone every year, then it's not a savings for you at all.

Also you can't share data on that plan. Apparently that's a big deal for some people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    It's not that amazing of a deal really. You're ineligible for discounted phones on that 10gig plan. If you go over data it's 80$ a gig overage cost. So from a normal 120$ plan you save 1440$ in the run of 2 years(length of contract), if you factor a new phone to cost 1000$ which is probably cheap for a phone in 2 years time. You're only saving about 600$ in 2 years time if that's how often you upgrade phones(most people upgrade at start of new contract). Savings is savings, but people are making that 60$ plan out to be WAY better than it actually is.

If you're one of those people that loses or breaks a phone every year, then it's not a savings for you at all.

Also you can't share data on that plan. Apparently that's a big deal for some people.
    you dont really get a discount on premium phones anymore. you basically finance it through your 2 year plan. you might save 200$ signing on but thats about it, unless you're getting an older device or non-flagship device.

also, if you break a phone every year, it doesnt matter what you're doing, you are not saving any money. if you are that type of person, you need to get apple care or whatever samsung offers, but then yo-ur monthly plan goes up again.
    Last edited by blam; December 20th, 2017 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blam View Post
    you dont really get a discount on premium phones anymore. you basically finance it through your 2 year plan. you might save 200$ signing on but thats about it, unless you're getting an older device or non-flagship device.

also, if you break a phone every year, it doesnt matter what you're doing, you are not saving any money. if you are that type of person, you need to get apple care or whatever samsung offers, but then yo-ur monthly plan goes up again.

That's always a misunderstanding for some reason. You definitely get a discount on premium phones. The "device balance" they show you isn't something you actually pay for the phone. It's just a penalty you agree to pay for breaking a contract. Otherwise people would just take free phones and switch contracts every month to make money selling new phones. But since you don't get a discount for bringing your own phone, it isn't a real charge to say you're paying a device balance each month. If you find the right call agent to complain to, you can get 15$ a month off your plan for having your own phone. So even if you want to count that and say you pay 360$ over the course of a 2 year contract for device balance, if you add that to the 300$ up front discounted cost of an IphoneX, you still only paid 660$ for a 1300$ phone. So you still got your premium phone at a 50% discount.
    Last edited by Viktimize; December 20th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks

i literally just upgraded my phone 2 months ago, and usually just outright buy phones regardless. i was currently paying $150ish a month for 15GBs that i didnt need. i basically just cut my bill in half. im just happy about that